Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 08-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Default BLOG: The Boys Training in Hillsboro

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
As most of you know, the week before last I had a great training camp in Hillsboro. I'd like to say thanks to everybody around town for being so good to all of the guys. I also want to say thanks to Hillsboro High School for letting us use their gym.

The training was great. Actually there was so much information there that it was hard to soak it all up. Between Jeremy, BJ, Pat, Robbie, Demarques and Matt, there was a lot of experience to learn from the whole week long. With 208 wins and 277 total fights between all of us, it was a great place to soak up all the knowledge. I think BJ really liked Hillsboro, as did the other guys and I would have to say that most of them will come back just to visit. We practiced twice a day, around 9:00 in the morning and 4:00 in the afternoon. Between the two practices we shot guns, rode 4-wheelers, swam, and just relaxed. So we had a full day with two practices and just good entertainment between. At night everyone had their own hotel rooms, so it gave me a little family time with the kids. All in all it was a great experience and one of those things I will never forget.

This last weekend, we had some fights and, lo and behold, I get a text from my buddy who likes to wager a little bit. He thinks Okami is going to win and I reply back that I would take Anderson. And once again, my buddy loses a bet. Now he says he'll never bet me again; but we'll see.

Been doing a lot of training in Salt Lake City and will be heading back there in the future.

Recently I decided to set up a Facebook Fan Page. You can visit and "like" the page by clicking on the link below:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-H...93836700680627

I've also set up a Twitter account, but I haven't done anything with it yet. You can still follow me by clicking on the link below:
http://twitter.com/#!/matthughes9x

Here are the air times for this week's ALL-NEW episode of Trophy Hunters TV that I'm hosting, on the Outdoor Channel:

Quote:
Air Dates & Times for 2011
Beginning March 28, 2011
Tuesdays, 6:00 PM EST / 5:00 PM CST
Thursdays, 2:00 am EST / 1:00 am CST
Saturdays, 8:00 pm EST / 7:00 pm CST
The show description for this week:

Quote:
Show #36 "Wompus Goes to Texas"
(Airs the week of August 29th, 2011)
Father and son (Wompus and Clay) journey down to San Antonio, Texas, from Arkansas, for their first visit to the Hunters Extravaganza and to find some time to squeeze in a south Texas hun
The Bible verse for this week:
Quote:
I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. (Psalm 91:2)
-matt
Old 08-29-2011, 04:32 PM

Glad to hear it has been a good training camp so far! Also glad you have the twitter set up. you can setup text to twitter which makes updating it a lot easier.
Looking forward to seeing you in Denver!

Ohhhhh Boomer
Okami never had a chance once that bet was made

[
Old 08-29-2011, 10:06 PM
Silverback

I had a good time with the guys, carved a few trails in and took a picture with them, good bunch of people. From what I could tell they all seemed to feel at home, but thats how that town makes you feel. Thanks Matt for the fun, and yes the dinner was great.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Ohhhhh Boomer
Okami never had a chance once that bet was made
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

[
Old 08-31-2011, 07:33 AM
lc87

That is one crowd i wouldn't want as an angry mob after me. Legendary is one of the only words to describe the talent there. Can't wait for the drive out there for this.

Who all is going. Where's the party at boomer
Old 09-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87 View Post
That is one crowd i wouldn't want as an angry mob after me. Legendary is one of the only words to describe the talent there. Can't wait for the drive out there for this.

Who all is going. Where's the party at boomer
working on it
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!