Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-28-2011, 01:50 AM

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Brendan Schaub

Round 1
After taking some early uppercuts by Schaub, Nogueira bided his time and waded in at just the right instant with a hard 1-2 punch combination that sent Schaub against the fence. From there Nogueira closed and landed another big left hand, sending Schaub face-first into the canvas, and a couple more punches on the ground were landed before referee Herb Dean stepped in to stop the fight.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira wins via first-round KO.

Whoa, I sure didn't expect that!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-28-2011, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
Big Nog yesssssss.... So glad i was wrong on that one!!!!!
Me too, bj44. You can't help but be happy for Big Nog.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Me too, bj44. You can't help but be happy for Big Nog.
Thirded!!

Old 08-28-2011, 02:00 AM

Ross Pearson vs. Edson Barboza

Round 1:
Lots of head movement from Pearson. Barboza throws a heavy leg kick and misses. Pearson aggressively puhses forward and he's landing punches. Barboza chops away with leg kicks as he tries to circle away from Pearson's offense. A nice exchange has Pearson connecting to the body and Barboza landing with a counter right hand. Pearson closes the distance with a knee but Barboza shoves him off. Barboza lands a spinning back kick on the arm and it doesn't really phase Pearson. Pearson scores on a straight left. Pearson is doing a good job mixing up his punches even though he's throwing kicks sparingly. Barboza throws a head kick but it's blocked. Pearson changes angles and connects with a body shot. Pearson shoots for a double near the end of the round but Barboza stops it. 10-9 Pearson.

Round 2:
They both clip each other with a jab. Barboza hits Pearson with a kick to the body and then connects on a right to knock Pearson down on his knees. Barboza is ridiculously quick with his kicks/punches. Pearson recovers and uses his jabs. Pearson catches Barboza off guard with a leg kick. Pearson lands with left as Barboza backs. Barboza scores with a right hand. Pearson uses consistent head movement. Pearson shoots halfway through the round and Barboza moves out of the way. Barboza with a huge right that is blocked. Pearson continues to pick off Barboza with jabs. Barboza connects with a spinning back kick that pushes Pearson back. Pearson is doing a good job with his lead left hooks. Barboza wins the round on the early knockdown but Pearson controlled the rest of the round. 10-9 Barboza.

Round 3:
Barboza elevates the pace with fast kicks. Barboza throws a jumping knee that Pearson stops. Pearson continues to be the aggressor, chasing Barboza with punches and then trying to close the distance for a takedown inside of clinch. Barboza is defending all of Pearson's takedown attempts though. Pearson has a mouse on the left side of his forehead. Barboza throws another spinning back kick but doesn't land clean with it. As it begins to appear that Pearson is better boxer, Barboza responds with powerful strikes of his own. The bell sounds and the two bloodied men embrace.

The judges score the fight 29-28 Barboza, 29-28 Pearson, 29-28 Barboza

Barboza wins via split decision.

Last edited by flo; 08-28-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:27 AM
Krupp

I cannot believe how well I'm doing tonight. It's weird. Anyways, go Rua. It hurts me to say that because I love Forrest dearly too...but I want Rua to make a comeback at least

edit: Sorry Forrest. That was great though. That was the kind of Rua I was hoping to see against Jon Jones

Last edited by Krupp; 08-28-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:32 AM

Forrest Griffin vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

Round 1:
Griffin, normally a fan favorite, is clearly on enemy turf here. Mark Goddard brings the two big boys to the middle, they touch gloves and we're ready to roll. Griffin comes out bouncing quickly in the middle. No real action for the first 30 seconds, but Griffin is backed up by Rua after missing a high kick. Griffin working kicks, but Rua lands a nice uppercut and then a knee. A left-right combo from Rua lands. Another high kick from Griffin misses. But Rua lands a big right and a left as Griffin moves in, knocks him off balance, then moves in. Rua swarms in and drops hammer fists on Griffin until Goddard stops the fight.

Result: Mauricio "Shogun" Rua def. Forrest Griffin, KO, 1:53 Round 1

Old 08-28-2011, 02:35 AM

Shogun looked very motivated and Forrest looked like he didnt care if he won...Almost the opposite of the last fight as far as determination goes.

Shogun looked great
Old 08-28-2011, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
Shogun looked very motivated and Forrest looked like he didnt care if he won...Almost the opposite of the last fight as far as determination goes.

Shogun looked great
I didn't think Forrest looked like he didn't care...he looked tense. I picked Rua and I'm happy for him, but I hated seeing Forrest get that hard beating.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:56 AM

Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami

Round 1:
No glove touch for the rematch after Herb Dean brings them to the middle. Silva looks loose. He takes the outside and circles left. Lefty-lefty matchup. Inside leg kick from Silva. He throws jab fakes to gauge distance, then dashes away from an Okami push. Okami lands a small left and clinches, but there's not much there. Silva throws a pair of right jabs from orthodox stance. He fakes some kicks. Then goes left-right and draws some attention with the right. Big left hook misses. Okami misses with a left, then clinches. He looks for some dirty boxing. Silva remaining calm, perhaps looking for a Thai clinch of his own. He lands a couple knees and guards against knees from Okami. The crowd boos a little bit at the extended tie-up as Silva is fine staying in the corner. Okami drops down to look for a single-leg, but a Silva knee reminds him he might not want to be there. Okami continues to keep Silva clinched on the cage, but at about the 1 minute mark, they break and go back to the middle. Looping left from Silva misses, and he dances out of the way of several Okami jabs in vintage Spider Silva style. Outside leg kick from Silva landsThen a right uppercut glances off Okami's ear. With seconds left, Silva lands a head kick, then a knee just as the horn sounds. MMA Fighting scores the first round 10-9 for the champion, Anderson Silva.

Round 2:
Right-left from Okami gets Silva's attention and he starts moving furiously, even spinning around once. He ducks away from a jab, then eats one, then knocks Okami on his keister with a straight right. The he backs up and waits for Okami to get up. Silva's hands are at his sides, and he switches stances waiting for Okami to engage. A left from Okami looks good, but it does nothing. Silva drops Okami with a big left, and this time he moves in to finish. He throws body shots, knees to the midsection, hammer fists ... Dean implores Okami to defend himself, but Okami has nothing. It's really just too easy. Dean stops the fight, Silva jumps up and celebrates on the cage for his home country fans, and his dominance over the sport is once again on display.

Result: Anderson Silva def. Yushin Okami, TKO, 2:04 Round 2

Old 08-28-2011, 02:59 AM

Jesus.. can anyone beat him?