Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 08-30-2011, 07:13 PM
BamaGrits84

Default 9/11 Remembered

I know I'm about a week early but I was just looking at some pictures on LIFE.com (check out the responder photo gallery) and I was wondering, where was everyone when they first found out about 9/11? What was your reaction?

I was 8 months pregnant with my first child. My radio had been stolen from my car a few days before so I was clueless about what was happening until I got to work. By then both towers had been hit. I walked in the front doors and couldn't figure out why the front office was completely empty. I walked towards the back to see every employee standing around a 12" TV. Most with jaws dropped. 2 military wives in tears. The fear on their faces was something I will never forget. After hearing of the other two planes come down I just went outside and watched the sky wondering if He was coming that day and praying if not then soon because I hated the idea of what 9/11 meant for the world my child was going to be brought into.

Last edited by BamaGrits84; 08-30-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

I was a sophomore in high school. My first period teacher (don't even remember what subject that was) never turned the TV on in his/her class, so I didn't know anything was going on. I showed up to my government class early because we were going to have a quiz that day & I wanted to study a little more. As I sat in the back of the class, my clasmates & friends started filtering in & I heard smattering of conversations: "A plane hit them" "No way it was a plane, I heard a bomb" "The government's going crazy", etc. I had no clue what they were talking about, but just then my teacher walked in & told us that we were going to quickly take the quiz & then she'd address what was going on. I don't think got a single answer correct that day, but we never found out because my teacher never bothered to grade it...