Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 03-10-2009, 01:45 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default post concussive disorder

apparently Liam has it. He's called "Henda" on this site...I think...he was before the server switch anyway.

He was training for his first fight and he got knocked rather hard. He was really ill afterwards, and then started getting strange symptoms that were shockingly like what my Anxiety creates in me.

Went for MRI and they told him it was post-concussive disorder. Like a concussion except it takes months to dissapear...or sometimes...it can take years.

I think he's suseptable to it because he's apparently got quite a thin skull, and he suffers a lot from migraines.

Just thought I'd tell you all, incase any of your have ever been concust and know of things that can help recovery. He'd have come on himself, but he's real busy with work so I hear

Anyone
Old 03-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Crisco

Listen to your doctor
Old 03-13-2009, 06:31 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
apparently Liam has it. He's called "Henda" on this site...I think...he was before the server switch anyway.

He was training for his first fight and he got knocked rather hard. He was really ill afterwards, and then started getting strange symptoms that were shockingly like what my Anxiety creates in me.

Went for MRI and they told him it was post-concussive disorder. Like a concussion except it takes months to dissapear...or sometimes...it can take years.

I think he's suseptable to it because he's apparently got quite a thin skull, and he suffers a lot from migraines.

Just thought I'd tell you all, incase any of your have ever been concust and know of things that can help recovery. He'd have come on himself, but he's real busy with work so I hear

Anyone
I struggled with this for a long time. It was about a year and a half before I got back to my normal, charming self. Everything was in a daze, foggy. Lots of depression. Even thinking about those times sobers me. Anyway, time is what it takes. Find a good physician that knows how to bring a athlete back into form, one small step at a time.