Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 08-18-2011, 02:17 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
I've come to the conclusion that low taxes do not create jobs.
I think that you are correct Crisco. Just like trickle down economics didn't work either.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:19 AM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Is Obama doing anything for job creation? Or is he on the campaign trail again?
First question, a big NO, the second question, a bigger YES. I heard that America will be brought down from within, that is the only job he is doing well on.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
It's in the news. [Original EDIT]It appears he has done more in his 4 years than our former president did in 8.[End original Edit] EDIT: Not sure if this is actually the case, need to do more research.

New EDIT: What are the companies that got bailed out doing to create jobs that are now sitting on mounds of cash? Some like Ford Motors are building new plants...............in India.
Ford never got bailed out. I believe, it was just GM and Chrysler. And I think most people knew that bailing out the automakers wouldn't create new jobs, but would do just the opposite.

The media was responsible for Obama getting elected, even though he was clearly unqualified for the job of President, so they're going to lie and spin every fact as much as they can between now and November 2012 in order to get Obama reelected.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:25 AM
Administrator

just back up what you say. Your just talkn to talk.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:26 AM

Quote:
It's in the news. [Original EDIT]It appears he has done more in his 4 years than our former president did in 8.[End original Edit] EDIT: Not sure if this is actually the case, need to do more research.
That's just not true. The jobs that Pres. Obama takes credit for are basically public sector jobs, they exist from the creation of more government bureaucracies. They produce nothing.

Look at this graph.

The downturn started in 2007 with the housing market going in the toilet. So many jobs were affected by that downturn, the trickle down was horrible.

And why bring up Bush? He made mistakes but that's past history. People out of work aren't obsessed with blaming Bush, they want jobs. Obama's economic policies have failed, either he's in denial or worse.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-18-2011, 02:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I think that you are correct Crisco. Just like trickle down economics didn't work either.
I believe the economic boom of the 1990s was due in part to trickle down economics. Even if it wasn't, it sure seemed to get us out of the financial mess that Jimmy Carter left this country in.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:29 AM
Preach

Ford never took or needed a bailout which is why I left selling gm and now sell Ford. Secondly Obama has yet to fullfill any of his campaign promises. The only thing he's good at is talking. There's doers and talkers and we all know what he does
Old 08-18-2011, 02:36 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Ford never got bailed out. I believe, it was just GM and Chrysler. And I think most people knew that bailing out the automakers wouldn't create new jobs, but would do just the opposite.
I stand corrected.

Quote:
The media was responsible for Obama getting elected, even though he was clearly unqualified for the job of President, so they're going to lie and spin every fact as much as they can between now and November 2012 in order to get Obama reelected.
If the media was responsible for Obama getting elected, then it must be true that the media was responsible for Bush getting elected.

They don't need to lie and spin anything, look who the R's put on the ballot last election. It's going to be the same this year, only thing different is Bachmann may replace Palin. If Bachmann happens to run and win the presidency, we'll have our first gay first husband in the white house. 2 firsts in one election, wow.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:39 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
I believe the economic boom of the 1990s was due in part to trickle down economics. Even if it wasn't, it sure seemed to get us out of the financial mess that Jimmy Carter left this country in.
Trickle down economics was one of the biggest farces in history. I'd love to see some evidence that it did anything positive.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:42 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preach View Post
Secondly Obama has yet to fullfill any of his campaign promises.
That is a complete and utter lie.