Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-15-2011, 03:02 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default My town

got about 10 inches of rain yesterday. We even made the news.....unfortunately.

The girls and I spent close to 6 hours removing water from my basement. When all was said and done we removed 110 gallons of water. I am so sore today.

Here is the video. The intersection is where I pass to get to work. Luckily I don't have to use it for another 2 weeks.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...-Counties.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Irish Pride's Avatar
Irish Pride Irish Pride is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 621
Default

Ugh, I've been there. It didn't take us hours because not tons of water, but removing water from the basement sucks.

Glad it didn't hit your main level.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-15-2011, 03:45 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
Ugh, I've been there. It didn't take us hours because not tons of water, but removing water from the basement sucks.

Glad it didn't hit your main level.
Yeah I am thankful for that. Nothing was ruined. It was a pain in the butt but nothing was destroyed.

Some of my friends can't get out of their driveways cause the water is too high for their cars. I'm planning on going to the mall later. Sore and all! So it could have been much worse.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Yeah I am thankful for that. Nothing was ruined. It was a pain in the butt but nothing was destroyed.

Some of my friends can't get out of their driveways cause the water is too high for their cars. I'm planning on going to the mall later. Sore and all! So it could have been much worse.

Great idea! I think I will, too.


Sorry about your basement though.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-15-2011, 04:50 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I heard about people having flood problems all around us, but we lucked out. A little bit of rain made it through the Bilco doors so the floor was damp.

Of course, that was last night. I didn't check the basement this morning before I left for work. I'll check it when I get home since it's been raining more today.

Hope you're spared any further flooding.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-15-2011, 05:51 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks guys! I appreciate the thoughts. Like I said, it could have been much, much worse. I'll post some more pics later of my neighbors. Their kids are using inner tubes to go to the end of the driveway to get the mail.

One friend saw a dead deer that was previously road kill become a raft for some buzzards. Kind of like a dinner cruise!

Corrine just asked me "Why are we going to the mall?" My reply....."Because we CAN!!!!!"



It's supposed to rain for the rest of the week. At the store I'm going to buy a new shop vac.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-15-2011, 06:12 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
It's supposed to rain for the rest of the week. At the store I'm going to buy a new shop vac.
and a canoe!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-15-2011, 06:25 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,737
Default

Oh no, that's horrible! I hope your basement didn't get any permanent damage from the flooding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Corrine just asked me "Why are we going to the mall?" My reply....."Because we CAN!!!!!"


That's the spirit!!! I'm glad school hasn't started yet, hope you won't need that shop vac...
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Primadawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Wow, I just saw this! Sorry to hear it DM, but glad it wasn't worse! It's amazing to see the damage that can be done by water!

Get anything good at the mall? Besides the shop-vac?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-17-2011, 09:11 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
Wow, I just saw this! Sorry to hear it DM, but glad it wasn't worse! It's amazing to see the damage that can be done by water!

Get anything good at the mall? Besides the shop-vac?

Well I got a top of the line shop vac on sale! So that was cool!!!! And we did some school shopping.......new jeans.......sneakers........some school supplies. So all that was productive.

And after hearing about all the damage that friends had to their homes I feel pretty darn blessed! Some people lost all their stuff in their basements and some had water damage on the first floor! Sections of road are completely washed away! The schools are scrambling right now, trying to figure out new bus routes before school starts.

There is supposed to be more rain tomorrow into Sunday. Everyone has their fingers crossed that it won't be as bad.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.