Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-14-2011, 11:59 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

MMAFighting.com:

Quote:
Round 1: Herman nearly eats a sweet front kick to open. And after another nice kick from Noke, Herman ties him up and bullies it to the mat. But back on the feet, it's Noke who takes things to the ground in front of Herman's corner. Herman looks for a triangle or an armabar, but Noke squares up to defend. Herman briefly has an armbar, then again looks for the triangle and he has it with an armbar. He abandons the triangle to focus on the arm, but Noke gets out and postures up for some ground and pound. As they scramble, Herman again gets an armbar and Noke is doing his best to defend it. He gets out and gets to half guard and lands a few nice short elbows. Noke passes for a moment, but Herman grabs his ankle and starts to torque it and Noke taps when his left knee bends in all kinds of crazy ways it's not supposed to. He remains down on the canvas and is probably gonna need some major help getting out of the arena tonight.

Ed Herman def. Kyle Noke, submission (heel hook), 4:15 Round 1
Old 08-15-2011, 12:18 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Wineland vs. Benavidez. Joe is pretty much stuck on the outside right now. Eddie's the better striker & the longer fighter, too. Got distracted by my roommate so I didn't see the combinations that did it, but Eddie's forehead & nose are pouring blood.

2nd round & Eddie lands a punch that makes Joe turn his back. He seems to believe it was an eye poke, but it was just a straight punch that landed squarely on the eye. Benavidez finally starts attempting TDs & sorta lands one as the round expires.

Rnd 3 & Benavidez clips Eddie with a hard right hook. As Eddie stumbles backwards all the way to the fence, Joe launches a flying knee from about from about the edge of the Bud Light ad!!!

Should be a 30-27 UD for Joe.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:21 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

MMAFighting.com:

Quote:
Round 1: Back after a short break. And the lights have gone up on the Versus pre-show set with MMA Fighting's very own Ariel Helwani, along with Craig Hummer and Stephan Bonnar, in the distance. Wineland walks to "Danger Zone" from "Top Gun," and Benavidez walks to "Stranglehold" by Ted Nugent, his typical walkout song. Josh Rosenthal brings them together, and we get going. Wineland takes the center, and Benavidez circles outside and throws a leg kick. He lands a short left, but Wineland seems OK. Another leg kick by Benavidez to the outside, then one inside. Wineland has a height and reach advantage of a few inches, but so far that hasn't mattered. He hasn't landed anything in the first 90 seconds. Benavidez lands something to the top of Wineland's head, and he's cut with a couple streams dripping down the left side of his face. Wineland's corner calls for him to let his hands go, but Benavidez lands a few good shots. Wineland's nose is bloodied. Benavidez seems to be eyeing that. Wineland continually wipes the blood from his nose, which may be broken. Wineland is looking for counters, but they're just not there yet. Wineland lands a short left late. But the first round is all Benavidez, 10-9 on the MMA Fighting card.

Round 2: Wineland remaining cautious, not yet letting his hands go, as his corner is asking. He blocks a few kicks, then lands a right. Benavidez pauses and asks for a stoppage, apparently claiming he was hit in the eye. The ref doesn't grant one, and Wineland moves in and lands a few short shots along the fence. Smart move by Wineland to move in when he didn't see Rosenthal call time. Wineland ducks under a shot and lands a short uppercut after they break. Benavidez throws a Karate Kid-style kick, but it's not there. Benavidez looks for a combo, but not much. He lands a right on the way back out. Benavidez shoots, but Wineland stuffs it and they trade knees before splitting apart. Again Benavidez shoots, and again Wineland stuffs it – like the first round of Wineland's fight with Benavidez's teammate Urijah Faber in March. They scramble, and it's Wineland that gets the better of a throw. But Benavidez pops right back up. Wineland's corner calls for him to steal the round and let his hands go. He blocks a kick, then durkcs under a right. Benavidez shoots, Wineland stuffs for the most part. But Benavidez does get it down – and he may have stolen the round with that. It's much closer, but MMA Fighting will give it to Wineland 10-9 by the skin of his teeth.

Round 3: Crucial third round for both guys. Benavidez lands a right, but Wineland counters. Benavidez pushes forward, but can't land. He wobbles WIneland with a right, who then hits the fence, and Benavidez comes in with a flying knee. The knee doesn't seem to do much damage, but it throws Wineland off for a second. But he regroups and takes the center. He eats a left kick to the head and counters with a jab. Wineland ducks under a spinning back fist, but 30 seconds later he eats a left jab. Benavidez fakes a shot, and Wineland easily sprawls for it in preparation. With two minutes left, Wineland will need to develop some kind of quick offense. He blocks a high left kick from Benavidez, then lands an OK right hand. He then catches a kick and lands another right. Benavidez shoots with a minute left, but Wineland sprawls. His corner is calling for him to press hard for a minute. WIth 30 seconds left, the crowd senses that Wineland needs a sick finish and goes nuts for him, but it won't happen. He drops Benavidez with a slip kick at the end. But the third goes to Benavidez 10-9, and he wins this fight 29-28 on our card. Might be a 30-27.

Result: Joseph Benavidez def. Eddie Wineland, unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Old 08-15-2011, 12:42 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Rollaway vs. Ham man. C.B.'s always rubbed me the wrong way (trying that fake-tap bull$h!t against my hometown boy Amir ), but I'm rooting for him in this one for 2 reasons: 1) he's Robbie's teammate now & 2) he just came out to The Highwaymen!

Nice exchanges on the feet, but C.B. shoots in & gets a TD, which begins a nice grappling exchange. C.B.'s threatened with some chokes, but Hamman defends, rolls & ends up on top, eventually passing to side & then mounting. As the round ends, however, C.B. lands a big right-left-right combo that wobbles Jared. C.B. shoots for a TD & the round ends with Dollaway in Hamman's guard.

Rnd 2 & Jared is taking it to C.B., landing 5-6 punch combos, defending takedown attempts & landing vicious GnP from top. Standing in the guard, half-guard, side control, mount, back, Jared's just blasting from everywhere & C.B. ends up in the fetal position against the fence with Herb imploring him to fight back. Dollaway doesn't & Dean steps in to save him.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:43 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

MMAFighting.com:

Quote:
Round 1: We trade some good jabs and kicks to start things out. Dollaway shoots in and gets a light takedown. They scramble out, but Dollaway again gets it down and gets a rear naked choke. He turns it around and has a front choke that looks tight, but Hamman's got an arm in. Dollaway briefly gets to mount when he can't hold the choke, but Hamman gets back in to guard. Dollaway lands two vicious rights from his feet, then on the scrambled restart he nearly takes Hamman's back. But Dollaway has to fall back into guard. Hamman does some good work, though, and is able to get mount for a moment. But Dollaway gets up and out and lands some big bombs that nearly have Herb Dean shutting it down. But he lets it go and Hamman survives the round. It's a 10-9 round for Dollaway on the MMA Fighting card, but a seriously fun opening round.

Round 2: Thirty seconds into the round, a slugfest ensues with Hamman landing the bulk of the shots and Dollaway covering up before shooting. Hamman lands more shots from his feet as Dollaway goes to his back, and then Hamman dives in to side control and lands knees to the body. He gets to his feet and lands some good shots as Dollaway covers up. Dean takes a close look, and Dollaway tries an upkick that just misses. Short elbows from Hamman are on the money. Hamman gets to full mount with more than two minutes left, and he's landing some good shots. Dollaway kicks off the fence to get out briefly, but Hamman bullies his way back to side control, then pins Dollaway's arm down ... and Dollaway scrambles out and nearly reverses. The crowd is going crazy, and Dean is calling for Dollaway to defend himself better. The Hamman shots keep coming, and Dean has to shut it down. It's a great turnaround for Hamman after a tough way to end the first. Great fight to close out the prelims.

Result: Jared Hamman def. C.B. Dollaway, TKO, 3:38 Round 2
Old 08-15-2011, 12:52 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

OK, so that's the prelims. I dunno if I'll be able to see the Main Card 'cause we still don't have cable here at my new house. I'm hoping that Dana will let places like Justin.tv stream these since it's not taking money out of his pocket, but we'll see.

Cathy, I may need to pass the torch to you for the remainder of the evening.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
OK, so that's the prelims. I dunno if I'll be able to see the Main Card 'cause we still don't have cable here at my new house. I'm hoping that Dana will let places like Justin.tv stream these since it's not taking money out of his pocket, but we'll see.

Cathy, I may need to pass the torch to you for the remainder of the evening.
I hope you can continue, I just copy and paste.

I missed the entire prelims, I was outside working and didn't think to check FB for them. And I loves me some Ed Hermann!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-15-2011, 01:02 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I hope you can continue, I just copy and paste.

I missed the entire prelims, I was outside working and didn't think to check FB for them. And I loves me some Ed Hermann!
I've kinda gone to a hybrid style, now. I leave the play-by-play to the professionals & just comment on the stuff that really grabs my eye.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:13 AM

Well, it's a good style, it sure beats C&P from Sherdog.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:25 AM

Duane Ludwig vs. Amir Sadollah

Round 1
Sadollah stalks from the inside of the cage with leg kicks, eats a knee coming in, but tags Ludwig with a right hand. The welterweights lean on the cage with over-unders, trading knees up the middle with Ludwig getting the better shots to Sadollah’s breadbasket. They switch to the Thai plum until Sadollah drops for a double-leg, which Ludwig defends by widening his base on the fence. A left hand from Ludwig jacks Sadollah’s jaw, then a speedy one-two and a left head kick. Sadollah keeps coming forward, though, eating a left hook to the face and another which rips to the body. Another pair of head kicks from Ludwig slap Sadollah, followed by one to the leg and a stiff left jab. Left hook stumbles Sadollah, who tries to shoot in but is stuffed by Ludwig. “Bang” clinches and zaps Sadollah with an elbow, then disengages and lays a combination on Amir. Vicious punches and kicks to the body from Ludwig as time runs down in the opening frame.