Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 08-14-2011, 09:01 AM
3dlee

Default Yo, Dave! (SPOILER ALERT)

Jens picks up another W!
source: http://mmaweekly.com/ufc-vets-housto...-mma-fight-pit
Old 08-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Liddellfan

Good to see Jens having fun and winning again. Hope he can make his way back to the UFC...........if that's what he wants.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post
WTF...I didnt even know he was fighting at that event

Glad he won though
Old 08-14-2011, 09:19 PM
suntereo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7e2s...mbedded#at=509

great fight and good announcers for a non-ufc event.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:07 AM

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[
Old 08-15-2011, 01:14 AM

Here's the Jens part!
Quote:
In the co-main event, MMA legend Jens Lil Evil Pulver got back in the win column against very tough New Mexico favorite Coty Ox Wheeler. Ox made the most memorable entrance of the night, as he was preceded by several of his Native American supporters in full garb, accompanied by drums.

Once the fight began, Wheeler showed that he was planning to prove that he could stand with Pulver, who is known for his boxing prowess. It proved to be a mistake, as he was clipped and later dropped in the first round. In the second round, Pulver really poured it on. It looked like Ox had had enough, but he exhibited incredible toughness. In the end, it was too much, and the ref was forced to step in and stop the barrage. Lil Evil has now won three of his last four, while Ox sees a two-fight win streak stopped.

I just wanted to stay focused and centered. More than anything I was just so damn scared to be in that cage. The losses come back to haunt you, explained Pulver. I was really trying to be dialed in and be happy. Im just really happy. I was trying to find a home and really trying to throw. I wanted to make a statement at 135 pounds, and I knew this guy was really tough and has a great chin. Im a big Ox Wheeler fan. I love his spirit and I love the way he fights. It was just a matter of watch out for his power and watch out for his games. Just stay tight and focus.

On fighting in New Mexico for the first time, Pulver had this to say: Its been great. Its exactly like I said at the end [of the fight]. You can be fans of MMA. You can be a fan of the UFC. We all love the UFCIm a damn pioneer of the UFC, but you can still be fans of MMA. This was a great card. People need to come down. They come running when they see UFC, but they have to learn and start embracing other promoters that are grabbing the bull by the horns and giving the fighters the opportunity. These guys did a great job at Fight Pit. The promoters took really good care of us. Everything was perfect. I think in the hometown they need to show up and support that.

Ox also enjoyed the fight, despite the loss. Im an entertainer first and a fighter second. I do it for the fans and I do it for the people who care and have love for me. Fighting a legend like Jens, it doesnt matter who I get in there with. I never train to lose and I went in there to win. I got clipped and Ive never been clipped like that before. But I enjoyed the fight. There is no drug or alcohol that can give you that feeling like when youre in that cage. There is nothing that will give you that feeling. Its like your inner adrenaline comes out of you and you want to keep going. I trained a hard three months.

[