Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-12-2011, 10:19 PM

Default Ebersole wants Serra NExt!

that would be a good fight!

Evzey_Wales
@TwasEbersole great win Saturday! Who would you like to fight if you could pick anyone on the roster for your next fight??

in reply to ↑

@TwasEbersole
Brian Ebersole

@Evzey_Wales Former Champion Matt Serra
8 Aug via web

[
Old 08-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Chris F

I have heard a lot of jokes that Serra is like near 300 pounds and looks way out of shape. Anyone know the story who bought the PPV? That would be a good fight to watch. Matt Serra is a jerk but a fun fighter to watch especially when he is on the other end of the fist.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
I have heard a lot of jokes that Serra is like near 300 pounds and looks way out of shape. Anyone know the story who bought the PPV? That would be a good fight to watch. Matt Serra is a jerk but a fun fighter to watch especially when he is on the other end of the fist.
Disagree with me if you wish, but I think Matt Serra came off better than Matt Hughes on the TUF season which they were both coaches for. I know I'll catch a lot of heat for saying it, but that's how I saw it and I know others who felt the same way. Perhaps it was editing, but it wasn't just editing imo.

I think it would be a great fight. I just heard the comment, didn't see what Serra looked like. Now I must search for stills.

EDIT: To be honest, I can't recall too much of what went on between the two on TUF, but remember Serra being more for the fighters. I'd need to see the season again to see if my recollection is correct.

Last edited by Buzzard; 08-13-2011 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 08-13-2011, 12:53 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

He got fatter, but how much I think is a bit overblown. I don't really see a pudgy stomach or face. He'd probably weighs 205.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Disagree with me if you wish, but I think Matt Serra came off better than Matt Hughes on the TUF season which they were both coaches for. I know I'll catch a lot of heat for saying it, but that's how I saw it and I know others who felt the same way. Perhaps it was editing, but it wasn't just editing imo.

I think it would be a great fight. I just heard the comment, didn't see what Serra looked like. Now I must search for stills.

EDIT: To be honest, I can't recall too much of what went on between the two on TUF, but remember Serra being more for the fighters. I'd need to see the season again to see if my recollection is correct.
Serra was there for his guys, although, if I remember correctly, Serra opted out of coaching/cornering two of his guys who were having to fight each other for their fights at the end of the season because he didn't want to have to choose which one to corner or some such nonsense. I thought that was totally lame. Matt was 100% for his guys, unfortunately, a lot of the guys didn't follow their gameplans once they were in the cage for their fights and that's what got Matt so upset...I don't blame him. Not only that, Matt coached/cornered one or two of Serra's guys when they had to switch teams (don't remember why that happened--maybe to even the teams up after Matt lost some of his guys when they lost their fights?).

Matt was the one who stuck his hand out to Serra for a handshake at their first meeting, but Serra was the one who set the negative tone from that very moment.

Last edited by Bonnie; 08-13-2011 at 02:21 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
that would be a good fight!

Evzey_Wales
@TwasEbersole great win Saturday! Who would you like to fight if you could pick anyone on the roster for your next fight??

in reply to ↑

@TwasEbersole
Brian Ebersole
@Evzey_Wales Former Champion Matt Serra
8 Aug via web
Why? I don't know Ebersole's thinking in choosing Serra out of "anybody" he could choose--seems like a strange choice to me.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Why? I don't know Ebersole's thinking in choosing Serra out of "anybody" he could choose--seems like a strange choice to me.
maybe he sees it as a higher profile fight. He's also been around for a long time so maybe there's some beef.

[
Old 08-13-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post

I disagree. To the average TUF viewer I'm sure Serra did come off better.
you can watch the whole season for free on UFC.com. Check it out and see if you still feel that way.
From the get go Serra went after Matt. I thought he looked like a d!ck, but I'm biased.

[
Old 08-13-2011, 04:29 PM

[QUOTE=rockdawg21;173709]He got fatter, but how much I think is a bit overblown. I don't really see a pudgy stomach or face. He'd probably weighs 205.

Serra is very short and has a pinhead so any additional weight he puts on is going to alter his appearance pretty drastically.

[
Old 08-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Miss Foxy

First of all why is he trying to fight Serra? What purpose? Usually when a guy wins he wants to step up not step back?!!