Old 08-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
Freudian slip?
I'm still here you know
Old 08-15-2011, 03:24 AM
octagon junkie

I am still here too. Once every six months or so anyway. Hope everyone is well. Life is great, just way too busy. Miss talking to a lot of you.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:38 AM
logrus

Blame the Commie
Old 08-15-2011, 08:04 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Blame the Commie
lolz
Old 08-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I'm still here you know
Oh, hey Dave, I didnít see you there!
Old 08-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
Oh, hey Dave, I didnít see you there!
I'm not usually considered small enough to miss

Old 08-18-2011, 12:52 AM
surveyorshawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I'M HERE!!! Kinda.

The last month has been ridiculously hectic (mission trip, moving, BJJ tourney, lotsa family stuff, etc.), plus we still don't have internet at my new house, so my web time is fairly limited. I'm doing my best to keep up to date on the news, though.
How did you do at the tournament?

We just moved as well. Still living out of boxes. No internet yet either, so we've been using our portable MiFi, which uses a cell signal, so it's kinda iffy out here in the country. I haven't been doing much anyway, as the heat seems to exacerbate my MS, so I've been down a good bit lately. I'm waiting to get started on a new medicine called Copaxone, which is a daily shot for MS. They sent the self administering shot thing (looks a lot like an epi pen), but I haven't gotten the medicine itself yet. A nurse has to come teach Kim & I how to store it, administer it, and what to look for as far as side effects.

Anyway, before the new move, we had Benaiah for a few weeks, which was tons of fun. I don't think I've gotten so many kisses and "I love you Daddy"s in my life!
Old 08-18-2011, 03:17 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
How did you do at the tournament?
Meh, good & bad. It was a submission only tournament & my first division was no-gi Ultra Heavyweight (215+). I had signed up for a total of 4 divisions: no-gi Ultra, no-gi Absolute, gi Ultra & gi Absolute. Well, I weighed in at 217 & the other guys in my division for about 230-240ish. I lost my first match, won my next two by armbar (threatened with a triangle & when he tried for a strong-side pass I caught the trailing arm) & then lost in the Finals for a silver medal. Then I moved onto gi Absolute, where I won my first match by forfeit (dude just never showed) & then lost my next by triangle (stupid tried turning the wrong way to get out of it & just made it tighter!).

Problem was, the guy that beat me in the gold'silver match in Ultra Heavy used an illegal neck crank that tore up my neck & back. By the time I finished the Absolute division, I was in enough pain just standing still to realize I shouldn't risk further injury, so I pulled out of the 2 gi divisions.

So I'm really proud of myself for the silver medal when I was giving up an easy 20-30lbs, but bummed & more than a little pissed about the way it ended.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:24 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Meh, good & bad. It was a submission only tournament & my first division was no-gi Ultra Heavyweight (215+). I had signed up for a total of 4 divisions: no-gi Ultra, no-gi Absolute, gi Ultra & gi Absolute. Well, I weighed in at 217 & the other guys in my division for about 230-240ish. I lost my first match, won my next two by armbar (threatened with a triangle & when he tried for a strong-side pass I caught the trailing arm) & then lost in the Finals for a silver medal. Then I moved onto gi Absolute, where I won my first match by forfeit (dude just never showed) & then lost my next by triangle (stupid tried turning the wrong way to get out of it & just made it tighter!).

Problem was, the guy that beat me in the gold'silver match in Ultra Heavy used an illegal neck crank that tore up my neck & back. By the time I finished the Absolute division, I was in enough pain just standing still to realize I shouldn't risk further injury, so I pulled out of the 2 gi divisions.

So I'm really proud of myself for the silver medal when I was giving up an easy 20-30lbs, but bummed & more than a little pissed about the way it ended.
Congrats on the effort! At least you gave it your best. Way to go.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:04 AM

I didn't know you got a silver medal, that's awesome, Ben! Kudos.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16