Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 08-11-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I stand corrected. Wolverhampton was Granted its City Charter...but only in 2000 AD...so appologies to Blade who took great offense at my downgrading of the City to a Township

but that was after it was turned down FIVE TIMES since World War Two...and its still not been allowed to have a Lord Mayor.
?!?

I must have missed Blade's comment...I guess I need more coffee...

How are things going this morning, Dave? Are they getting the thugs under control?

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
I stand corrected. Wolverhampton was Granted its City Charter...but only in 2000 AD...so appologies to Blade who took great offense at my downgrading of the City to a Township

but that was after it was turned down FIVE TIMES since World War Two...and its still not been allowed to have a Lord Mayor.
Is that when he told you that your surname is Scottish and get back over the wall?!! LOL. That was classic..
Old 08-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
?!?

I must have missed Blade's comment...I guess I need more coffee...

How are things going this morning, Dave? Are they getting the thugs under control?
It was via PM

...depends what you mean by "under control" I think the violence is waning...but one person was found shot dead in a car, two were found stabbed, and three shop keepers were killed by a car that ran them over.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

okay...it looks like the riots are over now...Parliament was recalled and Westminster sat down to decide what to do. They are all in agreement that this is bad...but some of the Government are distraught saying that the cuts on the police are to blame...the Governments response is that the police were preparing for a public disorder, and not criminality at the start.

So...whats happening? the police are now reviweing tapes and they are making raids, and getting the children hauled out infront of the press. The Riot Courts are working through the night to prosecute.

Nottingham Council has said if they find someone gets convicted, they will make sure they never have the right to own a council house, and if they are renting one, they will be evicted.

You realize that before David Cameron became prime minister he was all about "Broken Britain" it was he who set up a process known as "Hug a Hoody"...and the imortalized photo of one swearing at him

...course now it looks like he was right all along
Old 08-11-2011, 09:45 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
It was via PM

...depends what you mean by "under control" I think the violence is waning...but one person was found shot dead in a car, two were found stabbed, and three shop keepers were killed by a car that ran them over.

I hope they find who did it. And put them away for a long time. That's revolting. Thank God more people didn't get killed.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:46 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
It was via PM

Well we know Blade is alive and well! And ready to fight another day.......with Dave!