Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 08-10-2011, 12:38 AM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
After what happened to Mendes in London 2005...I wouldnt trust Police with firearms....I mean I think because he is a known gang member, they were probably acting within their rights...but I KNOW that unit doesnt always. they HAVE in the past committed murder...and we are in a situation where, they will never authorize firearms for the public...they will say if they did that these riots would have resulted in deaths...so the best we can hope for is the police become armed.

Tell me...if YOU all had to give up your firearms...but your police were allowed to keep them...would you feel safe? You dont feel safe because your police are armed...you feel safe because YOU are armed. We, as British Citizens, wont ever be allowed that...so at least now that the police arent armed either, we dont need to worry about them turning the guns on us do we
But Dave, who are you worried about right now? The police or the rioters? I own a gun but I can't carry one in NJ. I do trust the police to take care of most situations. And if they can't get to my home in time, I have my gun. I don't worry about the police. I worry about the criminals.

And I understand these are children and in America that counts for something as well. We aren't heartless. But these "children" are causing major destruction, panic and heartache. I don't think talking to them nicely and offering them a glass of warm milk is going to get them to stop.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Erm...The police already have that authority...they wont use them because that will make the situation worse....but they have told Parliament that they are now prepared to use them....
Oh, maybe they got it wrong in this article, this is where I read about it:

Quote:
Responding to criticism that there were too few police on the streets to deal with three nights of looting that have shaken the capital, Mr. Cameron told reporters that Scotland Yard is increasing the number to 16,000.

“All leave within the Metropolitan Police has been canceled. There will be aid coming from police forces up and down the country, and we will do everything necessary to strengthen and assist those police forces that are meeting this disorder,” he said.

He described the scenes of violence as “sickening” and said the government “will do everything necessary to restore order to Britain’s streets and to make them safe for the law-abiding.”

He authorized police to use nonlethal plastic bullets if necessary. The BBC reported that police have never used plastic bullets to control riots on the British mainland.
Washington Times

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-10-2011, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
But Dave they HAVE to do somthing drastic to stop all this! Unorthodox or not, they need FORCE to stop the rioters!!!

And it's unbelieveable that the police are trying to disperse the people trying to protect their homes and buisnesses.

My gosh, this is the third day of this. It's gone way too long already.
Yes, I think you're absolutely right. If they keep handling these rioters with kids gloves, they will get the message loud and clear that there are no consequences for terrorizing the cities, businesses and citizens of the UK.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-10-2011, 03:40 AM

No one wants to see children harmed or killed, BUT these "children" are fully capable of killing someone...the longer this is ALLOWED to go on, the greater the chances are that will happen. It's past time their violence be met with a greater show of force and if it has to be lethal so be it.

If this is what these children are doing now, how much worse will they be as adults.

Last edited by Bonnie; 08-10-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:

In England "protecting your home" isnt really something that is encouraged. The Law is supposed to protect your house for you. The police are likely to see anyone who gets heated as being difficult...so if you have a gang who are...getting rowdy at the thought of defending their homes...
. . . yes, the police wouldn't want homeowners being "difficult" or "rowdy" when defending their homes . . . it could lead to a riot.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
The of my life lives in Birmingham. I have not heard from her, is everything OK there???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Same here! Thats odd.. Well he's near there..

Old 08-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
But Dave, who are you worried about right now? The police or the rioters? I own a gun but I can't carry one in NJ. I do trust the police to take care of most situations. And if they can't get to my home in time, I have my gun. I don't worry about the police. I worry about the criminals.

And I understand these are children and in America that counts for something as well. We aren't heartless. But these "children" are causing major destruction, panic and heartache. I don't think talking to them nicely and offering them a glass of warm milk is going to get them to stop.
Right now? My worry is for those people who live in the area where the riots happen, and for priceless works of architecture which could be burned.

I am not worried for the police because it is their job to protect us, that is what they are trained for, and that is what they should do. I am not worried about these particular rioters in terms of either their safety or mine, BUT I worry that if our police are given the powers to act heavy handedly with rioters, then they might do it on ANY group they perceive as being threatening...I told you how they were trying to disperse those people who had come out to try and help defend their part of the city...what I dont want is the police to be able to use strong tactics against them...I dont want to set a precident that its alright to use force against civilians...because what would then stop them using that force to their own advantage.

We have already seen that our Government is failing to do its duty and protect us, and the reason is because they believe to act deciseivly would proove they cant rule, and undermine them politically speaking. If thats their priority (to care about how this reflects on them first) then do you think they can be held responsible for having fire arms and being able to use force if they deem its required?

Everyone knows the simple answer to all of this would have been to call in the Army. You wouldnt have had riots, you wouldnt have had rubber bullets, you wouldnt have had this spread. BUT to do that would have been for the Government to say that the police force is shyte and cant do its job...and if they said that the Police force would turn round and claim thats because its forced to opporate on a shoe string to comply with the Government austerity budgit, and that is due to the financial crisis. With a coillition government, thats a recipe for a topple....and the result of that could be FAR worse.

If we defend our own homes and we hurt someone breaking in, we will get treated just as badly as the criminal. Its been that way here for ages. We arent even permitted to carry tazers to defend ourselves...and the sad part is, if we were, they would just be missused by gangs anyway.

The internet is not helping, because these strikes are begining to become organized online....its no use arrested 600 people per night, per city...we dont have the space to confine them, and we dont have the ability to do that with minors. If I were the Government, I would have put in the military, and saved myself by arguing that the Government is charged with care of the community and that is a promise that will be redeemed no matter what....Then I would arrest the Parents of these Children, handing out 6 month sentances...community service...You piss off the parents enough and they will control their children...because actually if the buggers in this country brought up their children properly this COULDNT happen (not a revolt led by minors!!!)

Prosecute the parents....and because we havent got time to pass this through law...get the army to do it...that would put the fear of GOD back where it belongs.

But you just dont get political leaders who are brave enough to risk looosing an ellection, to do the right thing. You dont get that in the UK, and you dont get that in the US either.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
. . . yes, the police wouldn't want homeowners being "difficult" or "rowdy" when defending their homes . . . it could lead to a riot.
EXACTLY
Old 08-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Oh, maybe they got it wrong in this article, this is where I read about it:

Washington Times
Two things incorrect about that. The Government wont re-sit until tommorow, so they cant be voting on special measures...and secondly...the rubber bullets WERE used to control riots during the Miners Strike and Winter of Discontent.

Maggie Thatcher let them have it good and proper
Old 08-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I stand corrected. Wolverhampton was Granted its City Charter...but only in 2000 AD...so appologies to Blade who took great offense at my downgrading of the City to a Township

but that was after it was turned down FIVE TIMES since World War Two...and its still not been allowed to have a Lord Mayor.