Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 08-09-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I can account for 2 of the 3 are fine..I hope our 3rd is good...
Oh, that's good, I'm glad they are ok. I don't think any one of them would take any crap from these thugs but when you are so outnumbered, anything can happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
At the very least, the cops should be able to shoot teargas canisters into the crowds. You can't expect rioters to respond to a handful of men standing in a line with shields and sticks. If you want to impose your authority, you have to be physically capable of enforcing it.
I hear Parliament has just authorized plastic bullets.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Oh, that's good, I'm glad they are ok. I don't think any one of them would take any crap from these thugs but when you are so outnumbered, anything can happen.

About time... Plastic bullets and tear gas bring em down!! haha... I spoke to a friend in Liverpool he said its not as bad as the news is making it out, but damn it looks pretty bad if I must say...
Old 08-09-2011, 10:01 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about too. There comes a point when it's just too many to fight off......

Just authorized them.......unbelieveable........
Old 08-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

Erm...The police already have that authority...they wont use them because that will make the situation worse....but they have told Parliament that they are now prepared to use them....the problem is IF they were to use firearms, or water cannons, or declaire martial law, they would be admitting that they are incapable of rule...politically speaking, its a fragile Government anyway...if they use what are considered unorthodox methods of regaining control, they will be committing political suicide...and with that all their austerity policies etc...This is how the British Government work.

Now in London a fascinating thing is happening....in south London the streets are being policed by members of the public who are gathering to protect their areas from attack. Rather then helping them, the police are trying to disperse them too. Effectively Vigilantes...but protecting areas rather then attacking...so now we have THREE groups of people, those who want to riot, those who want to stop the rioters by rioting against them...and the police who want to get rid of both groups.

BUT...whilst this is good in London...im afraid the other cities are not doing so well. Manchester and Birmingham are still suffering...and National Express is refusing to serve any city (or town) that have been effected

Last edited by Tyburn; 08-09-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I spoke to my Sister in Leeds...she has her bag packed incase she needs to exit the city in a hurry...but the Northern Cities are strangely silent...its strange because cities like Bradford, Leeds, Newcastle...you would EXPECT Riots at any excuse.

You would NEVER expect such things in Nottingham, Coventry, or the midlands...its very unusual.

Nottingham police station has just been firebombed
Old 08-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

the independant complaints commision has just said there is NO evidence that the police were fired upon when they killed the gang member.

They also say the bullet lodged in the radio that nearly killed the police man...was a police issued bullet, and did NOT come from the converted replica that the deceased had.

Soooooo who tried to shoot the police man then this is what happens when you give handguns to British Forces. They just cant help but pull the trigger ....did another police man shoot him by accident and blame it on the gang member...or did the fool accidently set it off himself...how easy is it to do if the safety is off I wonder...
Old 08-09-2011, 11:02 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Erm...The police already have that authority...they wont use them because that will make the situation worse....but they have told Parliament that they are now prepared to use them....the problem is IF they were to use firearms, or water cannons, or declaire martial law, they would be admitting that they are incapable of rule...politically speaking, its a fragile Government anyway...if they use what are considered unorthodox methods of regaining control, they will be committing political suicide...and with that all their austerity policies etc...This is how the British Government work.
Now in London a fascinating thing is happening....in south London the streets are being policed by members of the public who are gathering to protect their areas from attack. Rather then helping them, the police are trying to disperse them too. Effectively Vigilantes...but protecting areas rather then attacking...so now we have THREE groups of people, those who want to riot, those who want to stop the rioters by rioting against them...and the police who want to get rid of both groups.

BUT...whilst this is good in London...im afraid the other cities are not doing so well. Manchester and Birmingham are still suffering...and National Express is refusing to serve any city (or town) that have been effected
But Dave they HAVE to do somthing drastic to stop all this! Unorthodox or not, they need FORCE to stop the rioters!!!

And it's unbelieveable that the police are trying to disperse the people trying to protect their homes and buisnesses.

My gosh, this is the third day of this. It's gone way too long already.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:07 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
the independant complaints commision has just said there is NO evidence that the police were fired upon when they killed the gang member.

They also say the bullet lodged in the radio that nearly killed the police man...was a police issued bullet, and did NOT come from the converted replica that the deceased had.

Soooooo who tried to shoot the police man then this is what happens when you give handguns to British Forces. They just cant help but pull the trigger ....did another police man shoot him by accident and blame it on the gang member...or did the fool accidently set it off himself...how easy is it to do if the safety is off I wonder...
I just read that too. But Dave.......it's easy to rush to judgement. Who knows for sure what happened. The guy could have pointed the gun at the police. What were they supposed to do? Wait for him to actually fire it!?

The people who are rioting have no thoughts about justice, they just want to loot and destroy. And if the police had more control ( power ) and the people had weapons to defend themselves, this wouldn't be going on for three days.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
But Dave they HAVE to do somthing drastic to stop all this! Unorthodox or not, they need FORCE to stop the rioters!!!

And it's unbelieveable that the police are trying to disperse the people trying to protect their homes and buisnesses.

My gosh, this is the third day of this. It's gone way too long already.
Well alot of people would like to bring in the Military...and I think they would do that first before using plastic bullets...why? because if they bring in the army...The army probably wouldnt need to DO anything...their very presence would be to intimidating.

In England "protecting your home" isnt really something that is encouraged. The Law is supposed to protect your house for you. The police are likely to see anyone who gets heated as being difficult...so if you have a gang who are...getting rowdy at the thought of defending their homes...that is going to upset the police as much as those getting rowdy at the thought of attacking...both are seen as gangs with the potential to cause trouble.

I am simply saying that the British will not respond, nor see this in the same light as Americans...especially as most of these are MINORS...they are Children...that figures in compensation cultures like this.

in other news...looks like a fight has broken out in canning town part of London...
Old 08-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
I just read that too. But Dave.......it's easy to rush to judgement. Who knows for sure what happened. The guy could have pointed the gun at the police. What were they supposed to do? Wait for him to actually fire it!?

The people who are rioting have no thoughts about justice, they just want to loot and destroy. And if the police had more control ( power ) and the people had weapons to defend themselves, this wouldn't be going on for three days.
After what happened to Mendes in London 2005...I wouldnt trust Police with firearms....I mean I think because he is a known gang member, they were probably acting within their rights...but I KNOW that unit doesnt always. they HAVE in the past committed murder...and we are in a situation where, they will never authorize firearms for the public...they will say if they did that these riots would have resulted in deaths...so the best we can hope for is the police become armed.

Tell me...if YOU all had to give up your firearms...but your police were allowed to keep them...would you feel safe? You dont feel safe because your police are armed...you feel safe because YOU are armed. We, as British Citizens, wont ever be allowed that...so at least now that the police arent armed either, we dont need to worry about them turning the guns on us do we