Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-14-2009, 06:39 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Right
Ummm, Anderson Silva springs to mind.
he fought in pride, he wasn't a superstar pride fighter...He is more of a cage rage fighter than a pride fighter....I think they were talking about the superstars: shogun, CC, Big Nog, Wandy...they have all underachieved given their performances in pride
Old 03-14-2009, 06:48 PM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Anybody else think that if Dana White can be so mean to someone whose his "friend" and who the his insitution have enjoyed and used...that he could say that eventually to someone like Matt Hughes?

i wouldn't worry about that because hughes has already publicly stated he intends to hang it up soon. whereas iceman has not.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
It is a business and shouldn't be run on the basis of friendships, however, it would piss me off if he ever disrespected Matt. Matt's been very loyal and ready to step in (UFC 85 when Chuck got hurt and the TUF shows) when Dana has called and asked him. I don't think in a couple of those incidences that Dana had Matt's best interests in mind either, but rather, how he was going to make the "card" work. IMHO
I'm Glad someone sees it my way...and before you all said its just business, how about THIS for business

if you dont breach your contract, they shouldnt be able to sack you, and if they are too vocal and mean to you, then they are liable for Slander.

Now If he wants to oust Liddell its simple, pay him less, drop him down the card, dont renew his contract, fire him if he fails thrice.

what you DONT do is go to the public and say words to the effect of "he's shyte, passed it, and if he's crappy at the next event I want rid of him" a true business man is PROFESSIONAL...and Dana White IS NOT
Old 03-14-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Well Dana will do whatever it takes to make a card "work". That's just how it goes no matter if it's Matt Hughes,Chuck, or, as we have seen,Randy Coutoure.I'm sure Dana considers them all good friends. Money is money. That's what some people put first.
The thing that "bugs" me about Dana and the UFC is it appears like they want to OWN these fighters lock stock and barrell. From their sponsors, what they wear, their dolls (actions figures for the guys ); I mean where will it end...their souls?

I think the fighters need to have some autonomy, some say so, some leverage to keep the power, if not balanced, then at least not wholly one-sided. As far as I can see the UFC has the run of the sport, as for being the "big show", if not a monopoly, pretty close.

They need another organization or two (sound one(s)) that can keep them from becoming this huge out-of-control monster. Competition is usually always a healthy thing in the business world.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
The thing that "bugs" me about Dana and the UFC is it appears like they want to OWN these fighters lock stock and barrell. From their sponsors, what they wear, their dolls (actions figures for the guys ); I mean where will it end...their souls?

I think the fighters need to have some autonomy, some say so, some leverage to keep the power, if not balanced, then at least not wholly one-sided. As far as I can see the UFC has the run of the sport, as for being the "big show", if not a monopoly, pretty close.

They need another organization or two (sound one(s)) that can keep them from becoming this huge out-of-control monster. Competition is usually always a healthy thing in the business world.
id forgotten how much i loved you
Old 03-14-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
id forgotten how much i loved you
You forgot? I obviously have way too much competition on this forum; time to take someone out.

Not to mention this new budgie, Jens. How am I suppose to compete with that.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:56 PM

Sure Chuck's stock drops a bit by losing, but he'll be a draw no matter what. I think Dana was talking about how he personally doesn't want to see his buddy get knocked unconscious anymore. Dana deep down knows that when the sport blew up Matt and Chuck and Rich were the guy that stood by him and have remained totally loyal. plus he was Chuck's promoter from way back so there is a much stronger bond there then most people know.

For the record I've heard that Chuck is in super training mode. He isn't logging on to his MMA site much at all as he used too and the administrator said it's because he's training his ass off.

I think if we get the old Shogun and the old Chuck it is going to be fight of the year!!

I'm bummed that Chuck and Matt aren't on the same card. I love the vid of Chuck backstage watching Matt's comeback against Trigg, and then them meeting in the hall before Chuck goes out to fight Randy and Matt wishing him good luck.

[
Old 03-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Sure Chuck's stock drops a bit by losing, but he'll be a draw no matter what. I think Dana was talking about how he personally doesn't want to see his buddy get knocked unconscious anymore. Dana deep down knows that when the sport blew up Matt and Chuck and Rich were the guy that stood by him and have remained totally loyal. plus he was Chuck's promoter from way back so there is a much stronger bond there then most people know.

For the record I've heard that Chuck is in super training mode. He isn't logging on to his MMA site much at all as he used too and the administrator said it's because he's training his ass off.

I think if we get the old Shogun and the old Chuck it is going to be fight of the year!!

I'm bummed that Chuck and Matt aren't on the same card. I love the vid of Chuck backstage watching Matt's comeback against Trigg, and then them meeting in the hall before Chuck goes out to fight Randy and Matt wishing him good luck.
Right on!! I would love to see both Matt & Chuck pound the crap outta them just for old times sake!! And also to prove a point to the haters that talk about them for losing a few fights!!
Old 03-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
You forgot? I obviously have way too much competition on this forum; time to take someone out.

Not to mention this new budgie, Jens. How am I suppose to compete with that.
Noone competes with Jens...niether of them

*now do I mean Jens Pulver and Jens the Budgie....or Jens the Budgie and Lil Evil, or Jens Pulver and Lil Evil....*

just make sure you dont inadvertantly take me out
Old 03-14-2009, 09:56 PM
rearnakedchoke

i also think that dana has his favourites, he would have never asked matt and rich to fight in their heyday ... i know he tells rashad he has to fight jardine, but that is just him pushing his weight, and he is not as close to them as he is matt and rich ...