Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-14-2009, 02:25 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Right
Ummm, Anderson Silva springs to mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
That's exactly what I was thinking. But really, aside from Silva and Rampage, nobody else has really left a mark.
Anderson Silva had only five fights in Pride prior to coming to the UFC, his last two fights (prior to the UFC) were Cage Rage fights. To the best of my knowledge Anderson Silva's contract was not one of the ones that was purchased when Zuffa bought out Pride, because he was signed in April of '06 and Zuffa bought Pride in March of '07, nearly a year later.

So much for thread integrity.

Later.

Last edited by billwilliams70; 03-14-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Anybody else think that if Dana White can be so mean to someone whose his "friend" and who the his insitution have enjoyed and used...that he could say that eventually to someone like Matt Hughes?

Sorry...but it should be the fighters choice. The insitution doesnt need to keep them on the top of the card, or keep up their money...but it has no right to force them into retirement.

If they havent broken their contract Dana White should STFU making stupid and dumbass comments like this about the Higher eschelons!
Old 03-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Straight Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70
Anderson Silva had only five fights in Pride prior to coming to the UFC, his last two fights (prior to the UFC) were Cage Rage fights. To the best of my knowledge Anderson Silva's contract was not one of the ones that was purchased when Zuffa bought out Pride, because he was signed in April of '06 and Zuffa bought Pride in March of '07, nearly a year later.

So much for thread integrity.

Later.

Didn't know that Silva's contract status at the time of the buy-out had anything to do with it. The fact remains he is a former Pride fighter that has done pretty well in the UFC.

As for thread integrity, I wasn't the one that brought up Pride, but yeah we should be talking about Dana and Chuck.

Personally, I think the younger fighters have caught up with Chuck and he has lost a step. I like him but think he is unfortunately past his prime and going to keep "getting caught" if he stays around. Dana is right, he is a legend and doesn't need to stay around if he isn't on top of his game.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:22 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Anybody else think that if Dana White can be so mean to someone whose his "friend" and who the his insitution have enjoyed and used...that he could say that eventually to someone like Matt Hughes?

Sorry...but it should be the fighters choice. The insitution doesnt need to keep them on the top of the card, or keep up their money...but it has no right to force them into retirement.

If they havent broken their contract Dana White should STFU making stupid and dumbass comments like this about the Higher eschelons!
Old 03-14-2009, 03:22 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Right
Didn't know that Silva's contract status at the time of the buy-out had anything to do with it. The fact remains he is a former Pride fighter that has done pretty well in the UFC.

As for thread integrity, I wasn't the one that brought up Pride, but yeah we should be talking about Dana and Chuck.

Personally, I think the younger fighters have caught up with Chuck and he has lost a step. I like him but think he is unfortunately past his prime and going to keep "getting caught" if he stays around. Dana is right, he is a legend and doesn't need to stay around if he isn't on top of his game.
Semantics. I consider Anderson Silva a fighter that fought in Pride, not a Pride fighter......but it's all in how it's worded. I agree though, Anderson Silva has done terrific in the UFC.

I wasn't aiming the thread integrity comment @ you, it was a blanket statement......and the integrity was lost a while ago, which was the reason behind starting the poll.

Later.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:

I believe fully that if need be, he'll make any business decision that they think benefits the UFC, regardless of friendships, championships, wins, etc.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Stump Rules!

The man has a business to run. Who going to pay for ticktes to see Chuck keep getting his ass kicked? It's not about friendship at all.The UFC didn't get where it is based on friendship. It's based on business decisions as is any successful company.

Quote:

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-14-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
The man has a business to run. Who going to pay for ticktes to see Chuck keep getting his ass kicked? It's not about friendship at all.The UFC didn't get where it is based on friendship. It's based on business decisions as is any successful company.
It is a business and shouldn't be run on the basis of friendships, however, it would piss me off if he ever disrespected Matt. Matt's been very loyal and ready to step in (UFC 85 when Chuck got hurt and the TUF shows) when Dana has called and asked him. I don't think in a couple of those incidences that Dana had Matt's best interests in mind either, but rather, how he was going to make the "card" work. IMHO
Old 03-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
It is a business and shouldn't be run on the basis of friendships, however, it would piss me off if he ever disrespected Matt. Matt's been very loyal and ready to step in (UFC 85 when Chuck got hurt and the TUF shows) when Dana has called and asked him. I don't think in a couple of those incidences that Dana had Matt's best interests in mind either, but rather, how he was going to make the "card" work. IMHO
Well put Bonnie.....For the sake of mankind he better*never*ever go there with Matt!!
Old 03-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Stump Rules!

Well Dana will do whatever it takes to make a card "work". That's just how it goes no matter if it's Matt Hughes,Chuck, or, as we have seen,Randy Coutoure.I'm sure Dana considers them all good friends. Money is money. That's what some people put first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie

http://stumpdotcom.com/