Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Primadawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Mike and I graduated the same year, so that makes us both 28.

I miss the 80's!!! I loved the clothes, I loved the huge hair, pinch-rolling your jeans (great for me since I'm only 5'1" and all my jeans were too long), the music, the movies--all of it!

What I would give to go back to about 1986 knowing what I know now...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
Mike and I graduated the same year, so that makes us both 28.

I miss the 80's!!! I loved the clothes, I loved the huge hair, pinch-rolling your jeans (great for me since I'm only 5'1" and all my jeans were too long), the music, the movies--all of it!

What I would give to go back to about 1986 knowing what I know now...
Jordache ruled until the 90's then it was all about Georges Marciano (GUESS).. Oh and the zippers on the ankles.. Hawwwt...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Primadawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Jordache ruled until the 90's then it was all about Georges Marciano (GUESS).. Oh and the zippers on the ankles.. Hawwwt...
90's were all ZCavaricci for me!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Twinsmama
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i remember most of what you guys are saying but our music was conway twitty, tanya tucker, hank jr and alabama i do remember someone my sister loved named stacy q but i don't remember when that was. when we got into 5th grade i think NKOTB were cool and we even drove to see a concert. my kids laugh when i tell them cartoons only came on on saturday mornings until noon. we packed a lunch and left on our 4wheelers and didn't come back until right before dark. we didn't watch much tv. on the weekends we would go catch dinner at the river, come home and eat and then watch GLOW (Gorgous ladies of wrestling) i do remember when i was in 8th grade we got cable and the same year got garbage pick up

it sure is funny how you can hear a song and it reminds you of a time in your life.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
i remember most of what you guys are saying but our music was conway twitty, tanya tucker, hank jr and alabama i do remember someone my sister loved named stacy q but i don't remember when that was. when we got into 5th grade i think NKOTB were cool and we even drove to see a concert. my kids laugh when i tell them cartoons only came on on saturday mornings until noon. we packed a lunch and left on our 4wheelers and didn't come back until right before dark. we didn't watch much tv. on the weekends we would go catch dinner at the river, come home and eat and then watch GLOW (Gorgous ladies of wrestling) i do remember when i was in 8th grade we got cable and the same year got garbage pick up

it sure is funny how you can hear a song and it reminds you of a time in your life.
I used to love GLOW!! I always pretended to be Americana!! lol
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-04-2011, 06:32 PM
BamaGrits84
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
i remember most of what you guys are saying but our music was conway twitty, tanya tucker, hank jr and alabama i do remember someone my sister loved named stacy q but i don't remember when that was. when we got into 5th grade i think NKOTB were cool and we even drove to see a concert. my kids laugh when i tell them cartoons only came on on saturday mornings until noon. we packed a lunch and left on our 4wheelers and didn't come back until right before dark. we didn't watch much tv. on the weekends we would go catch dinner at the river, come home and eat and then watch GLOW (Gorgous ladies of wrestling) i do remember when i was in 8th grade we got cable and the same year got garbage pick up

it sure is funny how you can hear a song and it reminds you of a time in your life.
I went to a small rual elementary school and the bus driver let us play a radio as long as it was country music and the person with the radio had to sit right by her. We listed to High Cotton and Song of the South every day. And Achy Breaky Heart? I danced around my baby sitter's living room singing that song with a ninja turle as my mic daily!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-04-2011, 06:34 PM
BamaGrits84
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

And don't forget Dirty Dancing. That sound track was the first CD I ever owned.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Primadawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
And don't forget Dirty Dancing. That sound track was the first CD I ever owned.
Loved it! Saw it over and over and over...played the soundtrack over and over too! Was obsessed with that movie!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-05-2011, 04:45 PM
philips4
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
A FB group I am in (not that I joined, but was added too, how does that happen?) has lead me down memory lane. What was your favorite part of the 80s and 90s? I was just little kid in 80s (born in 84) so a vast number of my memories from then come from my older sister exposing me to the music. I loved Warrant and Roxette. For years I thought the line about Love Shack was named after a club on Atl Hwy in Montgomery and not the other way around. y.
What?! You are a baby, sheesh I'm old! I was a teenager in the 80's and everyday at school started w/ the school saying the pledge of allegiance, that still had God in it! We had three channels on tv that didn't come in very well and, sit down for this Nate, I was not allowed to watch Star Wars when it first came out because it was rated PG and my parents only allowed me to watch G ratings! I didn't see it until it was out almost 5 years! Yikes, that was STILL before you were born BamaGrits84 I remember all the kids piling in the far back of the station wagon w/ no seatbelts, playing outside from sunup to sundown out in the country w/out worry of predators and no cell phones, how much candy I could get for 50cents! I had the banana clips, fluorescent clothes, big hair and went cruisin for fun!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-05-2011, 09:47 PM
CAVEMAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Dang! You guys are old.
You and I wouldn't know anything about the 80's
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.