Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 08-01-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Thanks for posting that, wavetar. I'm glad Herb isn't second-guessing his decision. I guess I have to agree with the stoppage after reading that and looking at all the different angles that have been posted.

I still feel bummed about this fight, I'm such a fan of both guys, no outcome would have made me happy.
Yeah, thanks Wavetar. I'm glad Herb is standing behind his decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
Wasn’t he the ref on the Mir vs. Sylvia fight? That was a real tough call, and he got it right. I’m always impressed with how well he knows the game and isn’t afraid to make a call.
Good ear! He heard it snap!

Last edited by Bonnie; 08-01-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
Wasnít he the ref on the Mir vs. Sylvia fight? That was a real tough call, and he got it right. Iím always impressed with how well he knows the game and isnít afraid to make a call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Good ear! He heard it snap!
Yeah, Herb, Big John and Mario are all good refs. Steve Mazzagatti, on the other hand...

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-02-2011, 08:43 AM

michael bisping got the short end of the stick with his ko loss to hendo too. I hate early stoppages
Old 08-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
michael bisping got the short end of the stick with his ko loss to hendo too. I hate early stoppages
Co-signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Miss Foxy; 08-02-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-02-2011, 09:48 PM
que

the fedor stoppage was great.

so, not an entirely bad night for herb.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:41 AM
KevinD

when you do a face plant into the canvas a lay limp for about a second and a half...eat two shots you are KTFO. Out. End of fight...so good for Herb Dean.

Ever wonder why with all the cameras around the cage, not one showed Fedor as he got stood up?? Showtime trying to hold on to its investment just a little longer?

Shamrock comment how Fedor could barely stand, Herb dean commented he reached out to hold Fedor up cause he thought was going to fall. But sadly not one cameraman thought to catch this on film??
Old 08-06-2011, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
when you do a face plant into the canvas a lay limp for about a second and a half...eat two shots you are KTFO. Out. End of fight...so good for Herb Dean.

Ever wonder why with all the cameras around the cage, not one showed Fedor as he got stood up?? Showtime trying to hold on to its investment just a little longer?

Shamrock comment how Fedor could barely stand, Herb dean commented he reached out to hold Fedor up cause he thought was going to fall. But sadly not one cameraman thought to catch this on film??
I wondered. I didn't know which commentator was saying it because it was just audio, but I do remember them saying, "Fedor is out of it." I wanted to see for myself.

It's not just Herb's comments or the commentators we have to go by, but also the response of the live crowd. You know how vocal and loud they get if they think someone won or lost unfairly. From what I could hear right after Herb's stoppage and then when Dan and Fedor answered ?s in the cage, the audience was pretty calm.