Then the Fedor stoppage.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
First Bobby Green taps out to JZ, and Herb completely misses it,
making JZ get a decision win.

Then the Fedor stoppage.
I didn't get to see that (JZ, Green) fight, I take it it was a prelim. I'll have to look for it, just read about it though and read that Herb let it go because the tap was at end of round.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:00 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
I didn't get to see that (JZ, Green) fight, I take it it was a prelim. I'll have to look for it, just read about it though and read that Herb let it go because the tap was at end of round.
The round wasn't over when he was tapping.

I was under the belief that even if there is 1 second left a tap is a tap?
Old 08-01-2011, 10:30 AM

Really? More "fedor wasn't beaten" threads? lol Some people can't let it go. He got beat. He was knocked the F out. Quick someone make another thread about the two shots to the back of the head. I call for a DQ!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Really? More "fedor wasn't beaten" threads? lol Some people can't let it go. He got beat. He was knocked the F out. Quick someone make another thread about the two shots to the back of the head. I call for a DQ!!!
No that just reiterates that he is douche IMO..But it's ok cause it's Hendo, but if it were anyone else all hell would break loose.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:21 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Wasn't herb deans only f up
Old 08-01-2011, 06:28 PM
wavetar

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24645/afte...o-stoppage.mma

Referee Herb Dean has reviewed the footage of his call this past Saturday in the main event of "Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Henderson" and has come to the same conclusion as the one he made in a split second.

Fedor Emelianenko was unconscious, taking punishment, and out of the fight.

"If I was to do it again if I see a fighter face down receiving shots, I'm going to step in and stop the fight," Dean today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I can't predict how long he's going to be unconscious for."

Time, as it happened, was in short supply when Dan Henderson snuck an uppercut in on Fedor Emelianenko after being felled himself and caught the Russian's chin. Emelianenko pancaked on the mat as Henderson swarmed with punches. In the blink of an eye, Dean had intervened to stop the fight, and Henderson was the winner by TKO.

"Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Henderson" took place at Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, Ill., and its main card aired live on Showtime.

It was a blazingly fast stoppage, and many fans weren't happy with it. Online outcry immediately pointed to the shots Emelianenko took after the uppercut and the fact that he rolled to his back after the shot.

But Dean said he had already made his decision to stop the fight when he saw Emelianenko go out and had touched Henderson to initiate his wave-off prior to the roll. That Henderson landed two punches in the interim was irrelevant.

"The fight is over when he's unconscious," Dean said. "Because he comes back swiftly after I've already stepped in and stopped the fight, I can't restart the fight. Dan's still throwing punches, but once I've touched Dan, I've stopped the fight."

As post-fight pandemonium set in, Dean came to Emelianenko's aid. No words were exchanged.

"I stepped in to support him once he stood up because his balance was still not totally there," he said. "I believe his motor control was still questionable."

It was Emelianenko's third consecutive loss, and Henderson's third consecutive win using his fists. For Emelianenko's diehard fans, it was heartbreak.

Dean, though, did his job to the best of his abilities.

"Once I see an unconscious fighter receiving blows while unconscious, that's my job to prevent him from receiving more blows, and that's what I'm going to do," he said.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:41 PM
County Mike

I think the stoppage was a good one.

However, as a fan I would have liked to see if Fedor could have recovered. I'm guessing he would have taken a few more unanswered shots and it would have been stopped anyway, but we'll never know. It was a great fight and I just wanted to see more of it. My cry of "early stoppage" is only out of selfish interest to see more action. Fedor was clearly out and the stoppage was a good one.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
http://mmajunkie.com/news/24645/afte...o-stoppage.mma

Referee Herb Dean has reviewed the footage of his call this past Saturday in the main event of "Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Henderson" and has come to the same conclusion as the one he made in a split second.

Fedor Emelianenko was unconscious, taking punishment, and out of the fight.

"If I was to do it again if I see a fighter face down receiving shots, I'm going to step in and stop the fight," Dean today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I can't predict how long he's going to be unconscious for."

Time, as it happened, was in short supply when Dan Henderson snuck an uppercut in on Fedor Emelianenko after being felled himself and caught the Russian's chin. Emelianenko pancaked on the mat as Henderson swarmed with punches. In the blink of an eye, Dean had intervened to stop the fight, and Henderson was the winner by TKO.

"Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Henderson" took place at Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, Ill., and its main card aired live on Showtime.

It was a blazingly fast stoppage, and many fans weren't happy with it. Online outcry immediately pointed to the shots Emelianenko took after the uppercut and the fact that he rolled to his back after the shot.

But Dean said he had already made his decision to stop the fight when he saw Emelianenko go out and had touched Henderson to initiate his wave-off prior to the roll. That Henderson landed two punches in the interim was irrelevant.

"The fight is over when he's unconscious," Dean said. "Because he comes back swiftly after I've already stepped in and stopped the fight, I can't restart the fight. Dan's still throwing punches, but once I've touched Dan, I've stopped the fight."

As post-fight pandemonium set in, Dean came to Emelianenko's aid. No words were exchanged.

"I stepped in to support him once he stood up because his balance was still not totally there," he said. "I believe his motor control was still questionable."

It was Emelianenko's third consecutive loss, and Henderson's third consecutive win using his fists. For Emelianenko's diehard fans, it was heartbreak.

Dean, though, did his job to the best of his abilities.

"Once I see an unconscious fighter receiving blows while unconscious, that's my job to prevent him from receiving more blows, and that's what I'm going to do," he said.
Thanks for posting that, wavetar. I'm glad Herb isn't second-guessing his decision. I guess I have to agree with the stoppage after reading that and looking at all the different angles that have been posted.

I still feel bummed about this fight, I'm such a fan of both guys, no outcome would have made me happy.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Thanks for posting that, wavetar. I'm glad Herb isn't second-guessing his decision. I guess I have to agree with the stoppage after reading that and looking at all the different angles that have been posted.

I still feel bummed about this fight, I'm such a fan of both guys, no outcome would have made me happy.
Wasnt he the ref on the Mir vs. Sylvia fight? That was a real tough call, and he got it right. Im always impressed with how well he knows the game and isnt afraid to make a call.