Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 07-31-2011, 04:38 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Since when is rolling over onto your back, without blocking strikes, a good defense? lol This is too funny. Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ung7tjRc0Z4

@8:00 watch the slow replay. If you think that wasn't a good stoppage after that, then I guess there shouldn't be any stoppages at all.
No, thank you. I don't want to watch it.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:26 PM
Liddellfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Bullsh*t early stoppage, wayyy premature.
We must have bee nwatching a different fight? Fedor went limp on the ground after that right hand. You could clearly see his left arm go limp, along with the rest of his body when he went to the ground. He got hit a few more times and finally came back to (probably from getting hit) and rolled over as the fight was being stopped. Congrats to Hendo.

Maybe Dana was right after all. Fedor = Over Rated!
Old 07-31-2011, 05:29 PM

I don't think you can say that Fedor is overrated from all the accomplishments he's had in his career. EVERYONE loses. Right?
Old 07-31-2011, 05:33 PM

I'm with Blade and JB. He did go limp for a few seconds then immediately started trying to roll over. I think Herb was a little premature, these guys both deserved a definitive win. Look how often the refs make the move to step in and then stop themselves? It's a fine line, I wouldn't want to be in that position to have to call it.

But this time I think Fedor could have continued. And I'm not a hater, I love both guys!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-31-2011, 05:45 PM
Buzzard

I originally thought Herb stopped it because it looked like Dan hit Fedor in the back of the head hard, twice after the shot that made Fedor go belly down. I thought it was premature at first, but can see why it was. Going limp like that is usually the result of being out in most other fights I've seen.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Since when is rolling over onto your back, without blocking strikes, a good defense? lol This is too funny. Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ung7tjRc0Z4

@8:00 watch the slow replay. If you think that wasn't a good stoppage after that, then I guess there shouldn't be any stoppages at all.
I so agree with you F34R and thanks for posting that; I was going to go back and watch my recording to see if Fedor was defending so you saved me the trouble. Here is what I posted in the Dan Henderson thread before I saw this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Well, the way it looked from the camera angle we got, I also wondered if it had been an early stoppage which surprised me since it was Herb Dean and he's a veteran ref, and then the camera followed Dan afterward so I couldn't see Fedor to see what he looked like right after the stoppage. However, after the fight, they started showing it from all different angles and you could see Fedor did look out after that uppercut Dan threw even though he did roll over on his back after a couple of seconds. Plus, the commentators who were there said Fedor was clearly out of it.

Dan deserves kudos for keeping his wits about him and getting out from under Fedor and landing that uppercut from under Fedor's arm. I think Fedor rolling over was more from being dazed and confused and not because he was trying to defend. Herb could see what was going on and how Fedor looked, we couldn't, so I think it was a correct stoppage. Even if Herb hadn't stopped it when he did, he was bound to stop it soon because Dan was all over Fedor blasting him once Fedor rolled over and gave him an even better shot at his face.

I'm glad I went with my gut feeling and went with Dan on this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Bad stoppage.

That's how I felt when it happened, that's how I felt after the replays, and that's how I feel at 4:59 MST here in Apache Juntion Arizona.

I love Herb...but we were let down.
Wow, JB, you've surprised me on this one. I guess Herb could have let it go on longer, but I honestly think he was still going to have to stop it giving us the same result.

Last edited by Bonnie; 07-31-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:41 PM
3dlee

http://www.mmaforum.com/strikeforce/...-spoilers.html

go look @ that gif and tell me Fedor wasnt out.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:03 PM

Of course Hendo landed flush! And definitely stunned Fedor but Fedor was still in the fight! He was turning around when the fight got stopped!

This is BS! that was an early stoppage no doubt!
If it wasn't then why did they let lesnar continue against Carwing? Why did they let Carwing continue against Dos Santos why did they leg Frankie continue against Maynard? The uppercut he ate was hard but the following illegal punches to the back of the head weren't nearly as powerful as Silvas Hammer Fists.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:58 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I think Herb may have made the right decision for the UFC nowadays. Remember the Horn vs Liddell fight with Big John reffing. Anyone else could have been justified in stopping that fight many times before it was over. But Fedor and Hendo.....well they old skool and I wished he had let it ride a few more seconds to see if Fedor would recover. He has never been big on blocking. He commonly eats shots to improve his position.

Penn said that no one gets hurt in fighting anymore. It seems to be true. lol
Old 07-31-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Of course Hendo landed flush! And definitely stunned Fedor but Fedor was still in the fight! He was turning around when the fight got stopped!

This is BS! that was an early stoppage no doubt!
If it wasn't then why did they let lesnar continue against Carwing? Why did they let Carwing continue against Dos Santos why did they leg Frankie continue against Maynard? The uppercut he ate was hard but the following illegal punches to the back of the head weren't nearly as powerful as Silvas Hammer Fists.
lol. funny stuff. When he rolled over, shown in the slow mo replay, he wasn't covering up or anything... he was exposed like crazy. Let it go...