Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 07-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Default BLOG: Robbie Fights on Strikeforce

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
Sorry about the super late blog, I've been up in Chicago training and getting Robbie ready for his fight tonight on Strikeforce against Tim Kennedy. Had a good week. Robbie looks great, made weight easy and will be heavy come fight time.

Robbie has been getting a lot of attention due to him falling asleep at the press conference, so here's a picture of that:

It's been fun up here this week with the UFC taking over Strikeforce. The UFC is just so much better managed that things are flowing a lot more smoothly. It's also fun being around guys I've known for a little while because I like to jack around and have a good time with people I'm familiar with. This is Burt from the UFC, I like to call him Elmer because he is the glue that keeps this place together:

So I hope everybody tunes in tonight and watches the fight and I'll check back in with you next week.

Here are the air times for this week's ALL-NEW episode of Trophy Hunters TV that I'm hosting, on the Outdoor Channel:

Quote:
Air Dates & Times for 2011
Beginning March 28, 2011
Tuesdays, 6:00 PM EST / 5:00 PM CST
Thursdays, 2:00 am EST / 1:00 am CST
Saturdays, 8:00 pm EST / 7:00 pm CST
The show description for this week:

Quote:
Show #31 "Grin & Bear It"
(Airs the week of July 25th, 2011)
On his first archery hunt for bears, Matt Hughes enjoys the scenery of Saskatchewan, Canada. After a long wait, his patience is rewarded with the opportunity to take a cinnamon bear.
The Bible verse for this week:
Quote:
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. (Jeremiah 33:3)
-matt
Old 07-30-2011, 08:24 PM

Loved the picture of Robbie! We can't wait for the fight, sending all kinds of positive juju to him tonight!

Great pic of Matt, too.

WAR LAWLER!!!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-31-2011, 03:36 AM
Load Option

Just watched the fight. I thought Robbie could have thrown some heavy hands in the 3rd round.

What do yall think?
Old 07-31-2011, 03:44 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Load Option View Post
Just watched the fight. I thought Robbie could have thrown some heavy hands in the 3rd round.

What do yall think?
Well he could have or should have done something. I'm not sure if he broke a hand or something but it seemed very unlike him to not throw more in the last round.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:53 AM

Hey guys, it hasn't started yet here on the West Coast!!!

Old 07-31-2011, 04:03 AM

Yeah, I was surprised about the 3rd round, but the commentators said maybe Robbie was hurt. Tim Kennedy sure seems like a super nice guy. Proud of him and all the wonderful work he's doing with and for all our wounded warriors.

Last edited by Bonnie; 07-31-2011 at 04:19 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

Ooops! Sorry, Cathy, I didn't realize or think about that!
Old 07-31-2011, 06:19 AM
Buzzard

Quote:

That's lame. I would think you would have been able to watch it live.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:33 AM

We have Showtime for 6 months, Buzzard, and in their *cough* wisdom *cough* they decided to telecast the fights at 10:00 PM east coast as well as for us here on the west coast.

I think Robbie got hurt too, dayum. Like most everybody here, I like Kennedy as well but was rooting for Robbie.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:37 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
We have Showtime for 6 months, Buzzard, and in their *cough* wisdom *cough* they decided to telecast the fights at 10:00 PM east coast as well as for us here on the west coast.

I think Robbie got hurt too, dayum. Like most everybody here, I like Kennedy as well but was rooting for Robbie.
That's really lame on their part. I wrangled a year of HBO and Showtime out of them because I had to upgrade to a cable box instead of their little converters in my bedrooms in order to continue getting HD channels when they "upgraded". The whole upgrade was a fiasco, but that's for another thread.

As for the fights, I was wondering why Robbie didn't come out in the third round firing away, as he was clearly down 2 rounds going into the 3rd. Being hurt helps explain it. Kennedy sure had a lot of blood coming out of him, made a nice "blood finger-paint" picture on the canvas.