Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 07-29-2011, 03:11 PM
BamaGrits84

Default Love Languages

I saw a post son here before that Matt started about the 5 Love Languauges. And our pastor did a message on the same thing once. So over the past several months I was wondering what do you do when someone demands all the love languages all the time in order to be happy? The idea is that everyone has a primary and secondary love language, but I believe there are some people who need all 5 all the time in order to feel loved. And I'm sure there are some who need their 1 filled so much that the person giving the love can't keep up with the high level of need. Then there are these people who don't even know how to begin to identify their own love language because all they have ever know if trying to meet someone elses. Thoughts?
Old 07-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Dethbob

My wife says this is the result of looking to people for things you can only get from God. People do that usually because they don't know where they should be looking, they don't know how, or because they feel that God will expect too much of them.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:44 PM
BamaGrits84

I get that. What I was sort of think about was the quality time one. What if someone needs another person to devote every spare minute of their time to them in order to feel loved?
Old 07-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I get that. What I was sort of think about was the quality time one. What if someone needs another person to devote every spare minute of their time to them in order to feel loved?
Ugg.. I can't stand needy people.. That would drive me away.........................fast...
Old 07-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Dethbob

Thatís an interesting one. They may be leaning too hard on that one because one or more of the others is not being filled. Or they may have something unresolved that they are trying to avoid by filling that time with someoneís attention. Or maybe they arenít valuing that time as much as they should because they are getting too much of it. Or it may be a control thing, making sure you donít do anything but them. Talking to them about it may be a minefield, and as a guy that would be my last resort.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:39 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Ugg.. I can't stand needy people.. That would drive me away.........................fast...
I don't know about fast. I know about 10 years is enough to though.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
I don't know about fast. I know about 10 years is enough to though.
That would be highly annoying to me. I would say the person has internal issues and needs help resolving them.. Relying on you or something else is a co-dependency and thats not good at all. Let me tell you... You are one patient cookie..
Old 07-29-2011, 05:43 PM
BamaGrits84

I tried to take that quiz once to see what my love languages were. It was sad because about 90% of the questions I couldn't even answer for about myself.

If there were a 6th lanaguage for simplicity that would be mine. Don't make things so dang difficult and I'm good.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
I tried to take that quiz once to see what my love languages were. It was sad because about 90% of the questions I couldn't even answer for about myself.

If there were a 6th lanaguage for simplicity that would be mine. Don't make things so dang difficult and I'm good.
Well there goes that I have the physical touch and quality time brackets lol...
Old 07-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Primadawn

I got exactly equal scores for Physical Touch and Words of Affirmation. Followed quite closely by Receiving Gifts...