Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 07-29-2011, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Your hypothetical scenario used to be standard practice amongst the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea. Family members would eat the flesh of dead tribe members. Cannibalism transmitted a prion which caused a transmissible spongiform encephalopathy referred to as Kuru.
Kuru...sounds familiar...I remember watching a program (probably on NatGeo) about a tribe and I believe kuru was mentioned. Awful way to die.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:44 AM

PTM, I'm going to have to whack you with the giant spatula for posting that little factoid...

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-29-2011, 04:54 AM

Or how 'bout I just post a picture of Helen Thomas? That should be punishment enough.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-29-2011, 11:51 AM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Agreed. Public displays of affection, even when it's between a husband and his wife are almost always in bad taste. Things like hugs, holding hands or small kisses are fine, but I've known guys who will grope, fondle or simply make lewd comments about their wives in public and I've always found that kind of behavior to be extremely disrespectful towards the woman that this man claims to love.
I grope my wife in public pretty frequently. Granted, "public" in this case indicates an adult party or event. I wouldn't be grabbing her butt at Disney World but if we're out dancing in Atlantic City, heck yeah. Of course, you and I might run with different style crowds but in my case, it's pretty much acceptable behavior. I don't find it to be disrespectful to my wife at all. It's the opposite. It's one of my ways of showing affection to her and she likes it.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
You believe in motor cars, and you cross the road don't you?

Edit: You've never heard me speak, have you?
I believe in Motor Cars...which is why I take care crossing the road. Rabbits do not believe in motor cars...they blindly stumble across the road.

The motor cars exist even though I believe in them, and the Rabbits do not. Difference is...Rabbits are likely to get smushed...I am not.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Apparently, you are not familiar with Armin Meiwes, Der Metzgermeister, "The Master Butcher". He advertised for a victim to be voluntarily cannibalized. He was able to find a consensual partner. They were both homosexuals. The victim had his penis cut off before he died. The butcher fried it up and seasoned it and the two ate it while the victim bled to death in the bathtub.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes
I stand corrected
Old 07-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
which begs another point, though i hate to add another dimension to this topic, that no country can tolerate every belief. We as a nation, are going to have to be something, not a melting pot of everything. We are going to have to decide if we are christian, atheist, muslim, or something else, cause in the end it just won't work trying to be nothing
Thatís very thoughtful, I think that gets to the heart of the issue. Secular government was originally a Christian idea (render unto Cesar what is Cesarís) to allow people to find the right path on their own. It was never intended to encourage complete abandonment of all standards of decency and moral health.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I believe in Motor Cars...which is why I take care crossing the road. Rabbits do not believe in motor cars...they blindly stumble across the road.

The motor cars exist even though I believe in them, and the Rabbits do not. Difference is...Rabbits are likely to get smushed...I am not.
LOL Dave is still defending his rabbits and cars comment. lol
Hold your line and dont give an inch brother!!
jk
Old 07-29-2011, 02:21 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

How do you know rabbits don't believe in motor cars? Have you ever had a discussion about this with a rabbit?
Old 07-30-2011, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
PTM, I'm going to have to whack you with the giant spatula for posting that little factoid...

Sorry . . . I guess I am the Cliff Clavin of the Matt Hughes Forum.