Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 07-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
If the Rabbits believed in the motor car...they wouldnt cross the road would they

I dont want to hear you speak period Buzzard
You believe in motor cars, and you cross the road don't you?

Edit: You've never heard me speak, have you?

Last edited by Buzzard; 07-28-2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 07-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
You believe in motor cars, and you cross the road don't you?

Edit: You've never heard me speak, have you?
And you get in your car and you drive real far
And you drive all night and then you see a light
And it comes right down and lands on the ground
And out comes a man from Mars
And you try to run but he's got a gun
And he shoots you dead and he eats your head
And then you're in the man from Mars
You go out at night, eatin' cars
You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
Mercurys and Subarus
And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars
Then, when there's no more cars
Old 07-28-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Not sure anyone has ever consented to be eaten....but...well the consentual fights one is interesting
Apparently, you are not familiar with Armin Meiwes, Der Metzgermeister, "The Master Butcher". He advertised for a victim to be voluntarily cannibalized. He was able to find a consensual partner. They were both homosexuals. The victim had his penis cut off before he died. The butcher fried it up and seasoned it and the two ate it while the victim bled to death in the bathtub.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes
Old 07-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Apparently, you are not familiar with Armin Meiwes, Der Metzgermeister, "The Master Butcher". He advertised for a victim to be voluntarily cannibalized. He was able to find a consensual partner. They were both homosexuals. The victim had his penis cut off before he died. The butcher fried it up and seasoned it and the two ate it while the victim bled to death in the bathtub.
Where is the mind bleach when you need it?
Old 07-28-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Where is the mind bleach when you need it?

Sorry . . .

but you guys asked for it.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I agree. I don't like seeing any extreme public displays of affection, heterosexual or homosexual. If you (not you personally) can't wait until you get home, get a room. I think in the years to come, if people come to accept that gay happens, the movement will dwindle and the gay community won't feel that they have to be "in your face." I think some of it is due to the community being vilified and spat upon by society so much that they use it like a big F you to get back at those who wished and wish to harm and vilify them. Just my opinion.

In another forum I visit, someone linked to a gay festival that occurred in San Francisco. What went on on the public streets was disgusting, and even my open mind was closed up. I can never un-see that.

*In this world which is filled with such hate and unrest, if 2 people find that they love each other enough to wish to commit the rest of their lives to that individual, I think it is a great thing.* I read a comment similar to * that and realized that I have felt that way but never put it into the proper wording.
Agreed. Public displays of affection, even when it's between a husband and his wife are almost always in bad taste. Things like hugs, holding hands or small kisses are fine, but I've known guys who will grope, fondle or simply make lewd comments about their wives in public and I've always found that kind of behavior to be extremely disrespectful towards the woman that this man claims to love.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Wait a minute, are you now trying to compare what 2 gay adults do in private to cannibalism? C'mon man, get real.

I'll bite though on some of the other questions, though they have nothing in common with the topic at hand.

Euthanasia - If a person is terminally ill and suffering without relief, in full mental capacity, and wishes to end their life to end their and their family suffering, I don't have a problem with it if certain things are done prior. It's not my life.

Polygamy - No problem if it is consensual between all consenting adults. Certain things would need to be worked out first regarding estates, children etc. in case the marriage didn't work out. Legalities would need to be worked out first. Again, it's not my life. Me personally, I wouldn't want it.

Fighting to the death - We already have it, it's called war.

Feuding - It's not illegal in a sense of a quarrel. If it entails retaliatory violence and destruction of others' property without consent, no. If two people wish to destroy certain types of each others property and are both willing to accept the results without it costing the taxpayer, go for it. You break my I-pad, I break your I-phone, it's a win-win situation for Apple. Certain restrictions apply.

Fighting is already legal, so if members wish to feud and fight in a sanctioned event, go for it. Just be sure to film it so I can watch it on YouTube. Fighting to the death is murder. I don't wish murder to be legal. Ah, but you may say "how can I be against fighting to the death but be okay with euthanasia?" Two totally different concepts.

Everything is not okay as long as people consent. Common sense needs to prevail.I won't touch cannibalism with a ten foot pole.
okay, then what you have is relativism, and what you think is common sense is not what i think is common sense, cause i don't think there is anything remotely resembling common sense in sodomy.

thus you need a standard. I.E. the Bible

which begs another point, though i hate to add another dimension to this topic, that no country can tolerate every belief. We as a nation, are going to have to be something, not a melting pot of everything. We are going to have to decide if we are christian, atheist, muslim, or something else, cause in the end it just won't work trying to be nothing

Quote:

Sorry . . .

but you guys asked for it.

so buzzard.... and i am and have been completely civil in this entire conversation.... since the above story about cannibalism was consentual, does that make it okay? and also, what if someone wants to be eaten after they die of natural causes?
Old 07-29-2011, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
so buzzard.... and i am and have been completely civil in this entire conversation.... since the above story about cannibalism was consentual, does that make it okay? and also, what if someone wants to be eaten after they die of natural causes?
Your hypothetical scenario used to be standard practice amongst the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea. Family members would eat the flesh of dead tribe members. Cannibalism transmitted a prion which caused a transmissible spongiform encephalopathy referred to as Kuru.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:31 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
okay, then what you have is relativism, and what you think is common sense is not what i think is common sense, cause i don't think there is anything remotely resembling common sense in sodomy.

thus you need a standard. I.E. the Bible

which begs another point, though i hate to add another dimension to this topic, that no country can tolerate every belief. We as a nation, are going to have to be something, not a melting pot of everything. We are going to have to decide if we are christian, atheist, muslim, or something else, cause in the end it just won't work trying to be nothing

Yes you have been completely civil in this discussion, and I thank you for that. I hope that I haven't offended you in my reply; if I have please accept my apologies.

For me personally, cannibalism is not okay. Luckily for me, I've never been put in the position where I would have to resort to cannibalism in order to survive. While I can say what I would do in that situation sitting here in front of the computer with a refrigerator full of food, I'm not sure what measures I would take to survive if I were a lone survivor and cannibalism was my only chance for survival. Recreational cannibalism for the fun of it, I'm against.

Is it okay in my mind? No. In a pygmy tribe in the deep jungles, they may have a differing view than mine.

I don't think that we need to be a nation of (insert religious beliefs here.) I don't want to be lumped in with Islam, Christianity, or Atheism, even though I have atheistic/agnostic views. I would believe that you would fight to not be lumped in with Islam or Atheism. I believe in individual choice.

Are you only against the practice of sodomy between homosexual couples, or between heterosexual couples as well as defined by Merriam Webster? Link I am only referring to the practice between consenting adults.

I believe that even you and I share some common ground in the regard to common sense. Maybe not in all aspects, but in many.

Edit: In regard to your question about the cannibalism as discussed by Play the Man. Eeeew no! Mind bleach, mind bleach, where is the mind bleach!

Last edited by Buzzard; 07-29-2011 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Oopsie addition
Old 07-29-2011, 02:49 AM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
You know what I got out of that? That pizza taste much better going down than coming up. And that is burns when it comes up.