Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 03-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I havent worked out if they are saying that just because he's died. But they do make him sound like he was one of the nicest people around. Does a nice, good hearted character race cars....? Break the law...?
Have you ever read Matt's book???? Would you consider Matt a nice, good hearted character?

What if Mask had been the one to survive...would you be so quick to condemn him for an accident that killed the other guy if he KNEW what he was getting himself in for...if he KNEW it was against the law.
Do you remember this place when Page went on his little driving spree?? Nobody excused his behavior, why do you think we would to Mask??

I'm sure you could do him strictly for racing, or speeding, or drinking under the influence...you could possibly do him for death by dangerous driving...but you CANT charge him for Murder if the other guy was a willing participent in the illegal activity.
Really Dave???? Think for a minute here brother....
Old 03-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Crisco

Daves view of the law cracks me up sometimes hehe.

Maybe it's because I was raised around law breakers. I don't do it myself but breaking silly laws are part of every day life.

Everyone breaks a law now and again especially in this country as it trys to control us more and more everyday.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Why is that imperative? If we get killed while breaking the law, Dave, does that mean our murderer goes free?
It means he shouldnt be charged for Murder, but only manslaughter or death by dangerous driving.

If they were BOTH racing that the other party is not the only guilty one is he?

If niether of them were racing, and infact one was just speeding or playing sillybeggers and the other was trying to get away, then the deceased is free of any blame, the blame isnt shared between both, its solidly with one party.

It might be accidental murder...but its still got more intent because the victim is innocent and not another criminal.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Really Dave???? Think for a minute here brother....
1) does Matt break the law? or has he changed sinse becoming a Christian??

2) Mask is dead, Rampage is not. Now...had Rampage been shot and killed by the police, you tell me...would people be saying "Rampage got shot coz he broke the law" or "He might have broken the law but didnt deserve to be shot"

Death does funny things to people. Remember when Evan Tanner died, people were suddenly saying he should be inducted into the UFC hall of fame for no other reason then he had a tragic death.

Lets not let death cloud the issue. The key to all this is what Mask was doing in that car. Was he an innocent man fleeing a threat, or was he a co-criminal racing along side the guy who would trigger his death?

Was he innocently killed, or was it partly his own fault?
Old 03-16-2009, 05:25 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Lets not let death cloud the issue. The key to all this is what Mask was doing in that car. Was he an innocent man fleeing a threat, or was he a co-criminal racing along side the guy who would trigger his death?

YOU are the one that first said that his death should be punishment enough for the other guy. So, YOU don't let death cloud the issue.

Answer my questions.

1) If I am killed while breaking the law then should my killer get a lesser punishment?

2) Okay, take the death factor out. If both are caught commiting a crime should one get a lesser sentence because someone else was involved?
Old 03-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
YOU are the one that first said that his death should be punishment enough for the other guy. So, YOU don't let death cloud the issue.

Answer my questions.

1) If I am killed while breaking the law then should my killer get a lesser punishment?

2) Okay, take the death factor out. If both are caught commiting a crime should one get a lesser sentence because someone else was involved?
1) Yes, because you are not innocent of a crime (The law is there to protect innocents, it is not there to protect people who have already forfitted the law in some way)

2) No, but both should face the same charges if they committ the same crime
Old 03-16-2009, 05:39 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
1) Yes, because you are not innocent of a crime (The law is there to protect innocents, it is not there to protect people who have already forfitted the law in some way)

1) So, if I go out and shoot a criminal then I should recieve a lesser punishment? I never got this impression from you before. I thought you contending that someone who shot and killed someone who was breaking into their house should be punished to the fullest extent. I see this as you are almost defending vigilante justice. Rock on, Dave!

Maybe the guy in the Porsche saw Mask speeding and decided to stop him before he killed someone! War Porsche guy! Protecting the innocent.

2) If one guilty party dies before going to court, should the one left not be punished because the other can't be punished with him?

(If Mask had lived he would face the same charges if the other guy had died, right? )
Old 03-16-2009, 05:41 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
btw, They didn't commit the same crime. One's actions led to the death of another. Mask's actions didn't lead to anyone else's death. You can't be charged criminally with causing your own death, can you?
Old 03-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Chuck

Quote:
1) does Matt break the law? or has he changed sinse becoming a Christian??
I'm sure he does Dave. Does that change your opinion of him now?

2) Mask is dead, Rampage is not. Now...had Rampage been shot and killed by the police, you tell me...would people be saying "Rampage got shot coz he broke the law" or "He might have broken the law but didnt deserve to be shot"
Big difference there Dave.

Death does funny things to people. Remember when Evan Tanner died, people were suddenly saying he should be inducted into the UFC hall of fame for no other reason then he had a tragic death.
I completely agree. No bad person has ever died. Whenever somebody dies all you hear about is how wonderful they are. I think it's silly too!

EVEN if he was racing it still makes his death the fault of the other driver. The other driver LOST CONTROL of his car and hit mask, thus causing the accident.

Here you go....
Old 03-16-2009, 06:02 PM
lc87

Didn't rampages accident cause the lady to have a miscarrage? Or was that false and coincidental? I never heard anything else on that particular subject. But if in fact it was his fault he did kill someone.

I've been through a couple miscarrages and they are tough to deal with. I remember back in last febuary I posted a thread about being a first time dad and being so excited when we first found out she was prego then she miscarried and I was so saddened by it I couldn't even post what happened. So I was afraid to post about when we found out this time incase the same thing happened. But here anytime now we are expecting a little girl any time now she is supposed to make her appearance.