Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 03-15-2009, 05:20 AM
Stump Rules!

No not at all. I was just being sarcastic because of the couple of people acting like he deserved it because he was probably speeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Death is the penalty for street racing???

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-15-2009, 05:37 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
No not at all. I was just being sarcastic because of the couple of people acting like he deserved it because he was probably speeding.
Whew!!!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Well, I think it's safe to say that if Mask was racing then he paid the price didn't he? The other one just goes to jail. Fair?
not really.

Dont you think accidentally killing something whilst doing a stupid activity is likely to be punishment enough? If it was an accident that the deceased actually partook in, it wasnt something that befell him, in quite the same way as if he was actually murdered...which, if he wasnt racing, or was speeding to get away, would make the living party eligable for the death penalty I would hope.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:23 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
not really.

Dont you think accidentally killing something whilst doing a stupid activity is likely to be punishment enough? If it was an accident that the deceased actually partook in, it wasnt something that befell him, in quite the same way as if he was actually murdered...which, if he wasnt racing, or was speeding to get away, would make the living party eligable for the death penalty I would hope.
I don't think the guy gives a rats butt about guilt factor and all that....If he saw the car crash, then proceeded to drive off, I am not so sure he is such a person that knowing he caused a death would really eat at him that much
Old 03-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
I don't think the guy gives a rats butt about guilt factor and all that....If he saw the car crash, then proceeded to drive off, I am not so sure he is such a person that knowing he caused a death would really eat at him that much
If he had no guilt, he wouldnt have driven away.

He left the scene because he knew what he had done, and he knew it was wrong. He didnt want to get caught.

Didnt they find him sitting in his car a little way off...just sitting there...is that usual behaviour for someone who has just killed someone and doesnt care
Old 03-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
If he had no guilt, he wouldnt have driven away.

He left the scene because he knew what he had done, and he knew it was wrong. He didnt want to get caught.

Didnt they find him sitting in his car a little way off...just sitting there...is that usual behaviour for someone who has just killed someone and doesnt care

Sometimes punishment is for the victim's loved ones to feel better, not just to punish the bad guy. I don't care whether he feels guilt or not. If he committed a crime, he should do the time. Period. Makes me heartless sounding but I don't give a rat's butt.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 03-15-2009, 11:14 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
Sometimes punishment is for the victim's loved ones to feel better, not just to punish the bad guy. I don't care whether he feels guilt or not. If he committed a crime, he should do the time. Period. Makes me heartless sounding but I don't give a rat's butt.

~Amy
I don't think punishing someone just to make someone else feel better is a good enough reason to punish ppl. If that was the case then I want them to punish my ex-CEO for causing me financial grief and emotional issues.
The bottom line is he commited a crime and should be punished accordingly.
Now were they racing or did the guy just happen to lose control as he was passing 'Mask'?
Old 03-15-2009, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
I don't think punishing someone just to make someone else feel better is a good enough reason to punish ppl. If that was the case then I want them to punish my ex-CEO for causing me financial grief and emotional issues.
The bottom line is he commited a crime and should be punished accordingly.
Now were they racing or did the guy just happen to lose control as he was passing 'Mask'?

I'm not saying that is the only reason to punish someone. But for me, it is a part of it. If someone kills one of my loved ones I know I would sleep better knowing they were being punished. Justice feels good.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 03-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN

~Amy
Vengence is Mine saith The Lord

I dont go in for Vengance. I go in for Justice. Making someone pay to make someone else feel good doesnt cut it. Thats not Justice. It might be Equality, but Equality is not Justice...it ends up being revenge....and believe me...it wont make you feel better if years later he begs your forgiveness...YOU will then feel guilty.

If someone murders one of my family. Then it will be tragic. But if it was an accident, and my family member was breaking the law at the time, then I wont insist on a penalty against the other party. Why ruin two lives? It reminds me of the Parents of the Christian Woman who got blown up in the Tavastock Bus bomb.

"We forgive the bombers who killed our Daughter, because we are Christians, it is what we are called to do"

They said that less then a WEEK after the death of their only child.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:57 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:

I dont go in for Vengance. I go in for Justice.
Justice = You do the crime = You do the time.

It doesn't matter what ANYONE else around you were doing, does it?

Speeding is breaking the law. Racing is breaking the law. Causing an accident (not really an accident if you ask me - accidents don't happen. Someone just f's up.) is a crime. Leaving the scene of an accident is a crime.

Dave, I am shocked at your opinion here. If you break the law then you should have to pay the price. It doesn't matter that someone else did it to.