Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 07-15-2011, 01:54 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Mosley Loses 3 Belts in Divorce

Seriously? How scandalous is his ex-wife? Her and the judge that awarded this should jump off a cliff.

http://www.yardbarker.com/boxing/art...1319?gt1=39002
Quote:
Mosley loses title belts in divorce

Found 8 hours ago on Los That Sports Blog: Yardbarker Blogger Network
PLAYERS: Shane Mosley

From Los That Sports Blog:

Not only has Shane Mosley been on the losing end of his latest boxing matches, he is also losing the fight in the courtroom as well. Per TMZ Sports, Mosley’s ex-wife Jin Mosley will be awarded 3 championship belts as part of their divorce settlement. Ouch. Here are some details:

The settlement provides that ex-wife Jin “shall maintain custody and control of three championship belts for each of the respective parties’ three minor children.” Each of the kids get a belt when they turn 18.
And Jin will get half of Sugar Shane’s cut of profits from videotapes and DVDs of his big fights, including bouts with Oscar De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto and Fernando Vargas.

Since the divorce was filed in California and community property rules apply, Jin gets half of Sugar Shane’s fight purses during their marriage.

Shane Mosley won’t have to split the $3mil he pocketed for his sparring match, err...fight with Manny Pacquiao as the fight took place after the 2009 split, so there’s a small silver lining to an overall disappointing judgement. Not to mention the 21-year-old bombshell Bella Gonzalez that Shane has bagged, so I think Shane is sleeping well. Or not at all, depending on how you look at it.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:18 PM
County Mike

At least they're for his kids.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Twinsmama

I agree with Mike at least the belts are for the kids.

I do not agree that she should get half of the money for the fights he had when they were married. so my understanding on that would be they lived on his 1/2 of the $ he got for the fights. now she gets her half. that's hogwash.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I do agree with that. Perhaps Mosley chose not to dispute it as he probably felt they would make great gifts for his kids, but still, that doesn't seem right that the court should get involved with something as prestigious as a world championship belt. That's like losing your Olympic medal in a divorce, it's just wrong.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:17 PM

Let's just hope she doesn't put them on eBay

If I were Mosley's kids I would give my Dad his Belts back.