Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 07-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Miss Foxy

It looks pretty good. Of course I am a James Franco fan so that helps..
Old 08-08-2011, 02:57 AM
Administrator

Watched it today and thought it was awesome! I had to remind myself occasionally that the apes were all computer-generated. The special effects meshed in with the story so well and the story was strong enough that I sometimes forgot I was watching special effects.

I couldn't find any major logical flaws in the plot, they seemed to cover all of their bases pretty well and you can already see the groundwork being laid for the apes to take over the entire planet. Hope to see a sequel soon; but then I've always been a sucker for stories where animals rise up against humans.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:10 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Watched it today and thought it was awesome! I had to remind myself occasionally that the apes were all computer-generated. The special effects meshed in with the story so well and the story was strong enough that I sometimes forgot I was watching special effects.

I couldn't find any major logical flaws in the plot, they seemed to cover all of their bases pretty well and you can already see the groundwork being laid for the apes to take over the entire planet. Hope to see a sequel soon; but then I've always been a sucker for stories where animals rise up against humans.
I just got back from watching it with my family and I enjoyed it. The CGI was awesome. The plot was solid and like you said, they filled in some holes as well as laying some groundwork. I think a sequel would work nicely.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Crisco

REALLY ENJOYED IT.

I'm hoping for a sequel.

Franco did a good job and the apes were epic...

"NO!!!!!!"
Old 08-22-2011, 06:32 PM
County Mike

Kelli and I watched it Friday night. Really liked it a lot and I only had to make one guy get off his cell phone.

Theater was packed.