Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 07-14-2011, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Default Rise of the Planet of the Apes

I saw the trailer for this when I went to go see X-Men: First Class and I actually had no idea it was a Planet of the Apes movie until the logo at the very end. Looks pretty awesome and it's probably the one movie that I am looking forward to the most right now:

http://youtu.be/T3tidwW1gGM
Old 07-15-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I saw the trailer for this when I went to go see X-Men: First Class and I actually had no idea it was a Planet of the Apes movie until the logo at the very end. Looks pretty awesome and it's probably the one movie that I am looking forward to the most right now:

what did you think of X-men?

[
Old 07-15-2011, 12:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
what did you think of X-men?
It was good. It had absolutely nothing in common with the original comic book though. It didn't even mesh that well with the previous X-Men movies (which is not a bad thing because those movies were all pretty horrible). However, as a stand alone movie, First Class was worth watching.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
It was good. It had absolutely nothing in common with the original comic book though. It didn't even mesh that well with the previous X-Men movies (which is not a bad thing because those movies were all pretty horrible). However, as a stand alone movie, First Class was worth watching.
Good to hear! I'll definitely check it out.

[
Old 07-15-2011, 01:55 AM
ufcfan2

I was never a Planet of the Apes fan, but seeing this trailer as well I'm gonna go check it out, plus I kindof like James Franco as an actor.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:00 AM

Quote:

i saw a commercial for this the other night and about half way through i figured out it was planet of the apes, before i figured it out though i was getting a little upset that it was gonna be some kind of evolution movie, but then it dawned on me and i was impressed more with the stunning effects and realism of the humanlike apes than anything else, by the end of the commercial i definitely wanted to see the movie, though i have never read a book or watched a POTA movie before.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
i was getting a little upset that it was gonna be some kind of evolution movie,
I was thinking about that, but Evolution is supposed to be undirected and random and, based on the trailer, this is definitely not a random, undirected event, so it has nothing in common with Darwinian Evolution. So if someone is trying to use this story as an argument for Evolution, well then the counter-argument pretty much just writes itself.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
I was thinking about that, but Evolution is supposed to be undirected and random and, based on the trailer, this is definitely not a random, undirected event, so it has nothing in common with Darwinian Evolution. So if someone is trying to use this story as an argument for Evolution, well then the counter-argument pretty much just writes itself.
Haven't seen the trailer yet and saw the earlier PotA movies as a kid but thought they were meh.

BTW, I believe that you are incorrect in your thoughts about the Theory of Evolution being random. That's not how the scientific world sees it. That is one of the biggest misconceptions about it. That's for another thread though.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
i agree as well, the first half of the commercial had me a little nervous but the second half just had me excited

it obviously isn't a subtle evolution propaganda movie....
Old 07-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Administrator

New trailer!
http://youtu.be/Sl52gPQ2WjI