Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Liddellfan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Awesome match-up. Should be a great fight. WAR BJ!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I agree that it's going to be a great fight but why would BJ get a title fight should he win? All trolling and hating aside I don't think he has earned it.
He's definitely earned it over Kos, Hardy.. Shields I can see because the SF/UFC merger... He is one of the few that deserves a title shot.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-12-2011, 06:32 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesfan4life View Post
should be an awesome fight!!!..way better than another penn/fitch snoozefest.
Ditto!!
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-12-2011, 06:34 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
He's definitely earned it over Kos, Hardy.. Shields I can see because the SF/UFC merger... He is one of the few that deserves a title shot.
Okay I don't mean to sound rude okay

He is coming off a Draw that was gifted to him by the judges a One punch knock out of Matt Hughes and 2 decisive Losses to Frankie Edgar. I don't see how he is next in line for a Title Shot. I just don't but hey crazier poop has happened in the UFC not to mention BJ is Dana's baby.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Okay I don't mean to sound rude okay

He is coming off a Draw that was gifted to him by the judges a One punch knock out of Matt Hughes and 2 decisive Losses to Frankie Edgar. I don't see how he is next in line for a Title Shot. I just don't but hey crazier poop has happened in the UFC not to mention BJ is Dana's baby.
I can see where your coming from do I agree? Hellz nah, but I am open-minded enough to understand. However I strongly disagree with your comment about Penn being Dana's baby.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-12-2011, 07:15 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Okay I don't mean to sound rude okay

He is coming off a Draw that was gifted to him by the judges a One punch knock out of Matt Hughes and 2 decisive Losses to Frankie Edgar. I don't see how he is next in line for a Title Shot. I just don't but hey crazier poop has happened in the UFC not to mention BJ is Dana's baby.
he'd be 2-0-1 in the WW div since coming back ... it doesn't really matter to me ... but that would be more deserving than nick diaz getting the shot ... gsp would wreck all three of these guys anyway ...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-12-2011, 08:18 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
gsp would wreck all three of these guys anyway ...
That's 4 sure!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Okay I don't mean to sound rude okay

He is coming off a Draw that was gifted to him by the judges a One punch knock out of Matt Hughes and 2 decisive Losses to Frankie Edgar. I don't see how he is next in line for a Title Shot. I just don't but hey crazier poop has happened in the UFC not to mention BJ is Dana's baby.
The Draw was gifted to Fitch if anyone (but that's a tired debate), Hughes was on a 3-fight winning streak with losses to GSP and Alves onlywhen Penn won.
Plus BJ has arguably one of the biggest followings in the sport and that = $$.

IF Diaz beats GSP then Penn or Condit vs Diaz is a GREAT fight.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-12-2011, 08:51 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
The Draw was gifted to Fitch if anyone (but that's a tired debate), Hughes was on a 3-fight winning streak with losses to GSP and Alves onlywhen Penn won.
Plus BJ has arguably one of the biggest followings in the sport and that = $$.

IF Diaz beats GSP then Penn or Condit vs Diaz is a GREAT fight.

!!LOL!!!


OK
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
gsp would wreck all three of these guys anyway ...
Hey now, no need to bring people's excitement down with the truth
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.