Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-10-2011, 08:14 PM
DonnaMaria

Talking Diego Freaks Himself Out

A friend sent this to me...............

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/7/7/226...ut-in-training

"Hello me, it's me again."

Original "Ultimate Fighter," Diego Sanchez, is training for his upcoming welterweight war against against Matt Hughes at the UFC 135: "Jones vs. Rampage" event from the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colo., on Sept. 24, 2011.

And while you might expect him to be training under the tutelage of storied mixed martial arts trainer Greg Jackson in Albuquerque, he's actually getting pointers from someone much closer.

Himself.

Sanchez recently spoke to ESPN.com about the UFC Personal Trainer video game, and how he's been freaking himself out by playing with himself:

"Your level of intensity is up to you in this game, and that's what I love about it because I'm an intense guy. When I shadowbox, I go hard. But now, I have a much more fun way to do it with this game. It's awesome. And what fans might not realize is that you're actually learning the different MMA techniques while you're playing the game because you have real trainers like Greg Jackson in there, I'm in the game, the heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez is in there, and it's almost like getting trained by your favorite fighters. Let me tell you, I was freaking out when I first started playing. I was getting trained by myself and it sounded exactly like me and it was freaking me out a little. Luckily, I'm a pretty nice trainer. I'm all about encouragement and positive reinforcement in the game, so I was really nice to myself while I was playing."

But this isn't just for training camp, it's also for fighting. "The Dream" can visualize his wins by watching them play out on screen:

"When the first UFC game came out ("UFC Undisputed"), I never even dreamed being in such a realistic game. The game is so realistic looking that I do my late night training by getting on my PlayStation 3 and fighting my opponent 20 times in the game. That way I'm able to see myself knocking him out over and over again. It's a visualization tool for me where you're seeing it, you're feeling it and you can already have that knockout in your mind. As long as you go in and do the work and train, when you get in and fight, you've already seen what can happen, so it's more realistic that it will happen."

Will his digital doppelganger lead him to victory against Hughes?

Sanchez looked like every fighter's worst "Nightmare" after getting busted open by Martin Kampmann in their UFC on Versus 3 main event earlier this year.

He won a controversial decision over "The Hitman" to secure his second straight win as a welterweight after returning to the division in a losing effort against John Hathaway at UFC 114: "Rampage vs. Evans" over a year ago.

Does a win for the Albuquerque product bump him further up the 170-pound ladder? Or is this a novelty match that does little for either fighter's career?

Thoughts?
Old 07-10-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Sanchez recently spoke to ESPN.com about the UFC Personal Trainer video game, and how he's been freaking himself out by playing with himself:

Well, in answer to their question, it won't bump him up further because he is going to lose so we don't even need to speculate on that account.

Sheesh, he's training himself? On PlayStation?

The Hughes steamroller is coming, Diego. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-11-2011, 01:57 AM

I'm definitely Behind Hughes 1,000,000,000%

But I don't think this fight is going to be as easy as a lot of you guys think.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:02 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Surly Deigo really don't think Play Station is gonna prepare him for Matt! I bet he's doing a bunch of stuff he ain't telling cuase anybody with any sence knows you better bring your best against Matt Hughes!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:11 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
Surly Deigo really don't think Play Station is gonna prepare him for Matt! I bet he's doing a bunch of stuff he ain't telling cuase anybody with any sence knows you better bring your best against Matt Hughes!
Must be all that "out training" he tweed about.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:13 AM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post

I agree I don't this will be an easy fight by any means. Diego brings it all the time from start to finish.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Twinsmama

i was confused. first i was happy that he is training himself. i was thinking matt was gonna open up a can on a$$ that he is so not going to be ready for. then i kept reading and i think he is just dumb.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:02 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:

What could be easy against this guy?

Old 07-13-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
What could be easy against this guy?

Nothing! I think he keeps an incredible pace through out all of his fights he doesn't tire and it takes more than heart to put him away. The almighty BJ PENN gave him his best and then some and he couldn't finish him. The fight was stopped because of a gruesome cut.

Although it would be sweet if Matt would be the first one to knock him out

Or better yet use the Farmaconda again.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Nothing! I think he keeps an incredible pace through out all of his fights he doesn't tire and it takes more than heart to put him away. The almighty BJ PENN gave him his best and then some and he couldn't finish him. The fight was stopped because of a gruesome cut.

Although it would be sweet if Matt would be the first one to knock him out

Or better yet use the Farmaconda again.
Lol... Penn kicked his arse...Quit hating.. Matt can have this fight any way he wants personally me being selfish I want to see a vicious Hughes takedown and his old skool GNP!!!