Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-10-2011, 10:59 AM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

why do people on matt hughes forum openly support and like a guy who talks •••• about matt every chance he gets

i guess im falling for it
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-10-2011, 01:18 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
Allons-y
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,298
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
why do people on matt hughes forum openly support and like a guy who talks about matt every chance he gets

i guess im falling for it
I support him because I think he's funny as $h!t & I think that 99% of the stuff he says (including the stuff about Matt) is done tongue in cheek & is meant to make fun of how seriously we all take this sport. Listen to what he said about Matt in context: he says that Jose was simply "anointed" champ. Well obviously that's not what happened. He worked his butt off in the WEC & earned their title, then Zuffa unified the promotions & the letters on his belt just switched from "WEC" to "UFC". Similarly, it's obvious that they didn't stroll into Matt's hotel room one night & saw "Hey, you're the champ". He worked his butt off for years in multiple promotions, was hand picked to fight the champ, dominated for the first round, was winning in the 2nd until he got caught in a triangle. Then, unlike Chael, he muscled Carlos up, put him on the cage, then just before he went out, he stepped back & slammed him. Matt says in his book that he was out, too, and it wasn't until he came to & teammates told him what happened that he realized he was the champ. The replay of the fight clearly shows this, too.

Chael simply did what all comedians do: took an event familiar o his audience & then oversimplified it to the point of ridiculousness. It can be done to anyone & anything, and you have to be able to recognize the absurdity in the situation & laugh at it. When I heard him say it, my reaction was "HEY! What the fu - well, yeah, he's kinda right about that!"

Just to give you an example from my personal life: in the final semester of (what should have been) my senior year of college, I flunk 3 of my 4 classes. Now, there are a lot of things that happened in my personal life that led to this & I'm not proud of the fact that I allowed them to affect my school work. At the end of the day, however, I still graduated & have a great job, so no harm, no foul. I make jokes about it to my friends because, like I said, you've got to be able to see the absurdity in the situation & laugh at it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-11-2011, 01:48 AM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I support him because I think he's funny as $h!t & I think that 99% of the stuff he says (including the stuff about Matt) is done tongue in cheek & is meant to make fun of how seriously we all take this sport. Listen to what he said about Matt in context: he says that Jose was simply "anointed" champ. Well obviously that's not what happened. He worked his butt off in the WEC & earned their title, then Zuffa unified the promotions & the letters on his belt just switched from "WEC" to "UFC". Similarly, it's obvious that they didn't stroll into Matt's hotel room one night & saw "Hey, you're the champ". He worked his butt off for years in multiple promotions, was hand picked to fight the champ, dominated for the first round, was winning in the 2nd until he got caught in a triangle. Then, unlike Chael, he muscled Carlos up, put him on the cage, then just before he went out, he stepped back & slammed him. Matt says in his book that he was out, too, and it wasn't until he came to & teammates told him what happened that he realized he was the champ. The replay of the fight clearly shows this, too.

Chael simply did what all comedians do: took an event familiar o his audience & then oversimplified it to the point of ridiculousness. It can be done to anyone & anything, and you have to be able to recognize the absurdity in the situation & laugh at it. When I heard him say it, my reaction was "HEY! What the fu - well, yeah, he's kinda right about that!"

Just to give you an example from my personal life: in the final semester of (what should have been) my senior year of college, I flunk 3 of my 4 classes. Now, there are a lot of things that happened in my personal life that led to this & I'm not proud of the fact that I allowed them to affect my school work. At the end of the day, however, I still graduated & have a great job, so no harm, no foul. I make jokes about it to my friends because, like I said, you've got to be able to see the absurdity in the situation & laugh at it.
I Like your Post
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-11-2011, 02:40 AM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I support him because I think he's funny as $h!t & I think that 99% of the stuff he says (including the stuff about Matt) is done tongue in cheek & is meant to make fun of how seriously we all take this sport. Listen to what he said about Matt in context: he says that Jose was simply "anointed" champ. Well obviously that's not what happened. He worked his butt off in the WEC & earned their title, then Zuffa unified the promotions & the letters on his belt just switched from "WEC" to "UFC". Similarly, it's obvious that they didn't stroll into Matt's hotel room one night & saw "Hey, you're the champ". He worked his butt off for years in multiple promotions, was hand picked to fight the champ, dominated for the first round, was winning in the 2nd until he got caught in a triangle. Then, unlike Chael, he muscled Carlos up, put him on the cage, then just before he went out, he stepped back & slammed him. Matt says in his book that he was out, too, and it wasn't until he came to & teammates told him what happened that he realized he was the champ. The replay of the fight clearly shows this, too.

Chael simply did what all comedians do: took an event familiar o his audience & then oversimplified it to the point of ridiculousness. It can be done to anyone & anything, and you have to be able to recognize the absurdity in the situation & laugh at it. When I heard him say it, my reaction was "HEY! What the fu - well, yeah, he's kinda right about that!"

Just to give you an example from my personal life: in the final semester of (what should have been) my senior year of college, I flunk 3 of my 4 classes. Now, there are a lot of things that happened in my personal life that led to this & I'm not proud of the fact that I allowed them to affect my school work. At the end of the day, however, I still graduated & have a great job, so no harm, no foul. I make jokes about it to my friends because, like I said, you've got to be able to see the absurdity in the situation & laugh at it.
I have to admit that the part about wanderlei being in bed practicing his jitz with the nogueira brothers was gold... The part about the nog brothers thinking the bus was a horse was kind lame but it worked because he kept coming back to it that it actally became funny at the end... I did enjoy the interview even though he poked fun at heroes of mine like matt, big nog, and wanderlei!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-11-2011, 03:59 AM
TheDotComKid
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
In my universe he won. And is still winning..
Is everyone one in your universe deluded by fandom? how can Chael say he didnt lose? if its on the street,where I'm from Chael would be DEAD!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-11-2011, 04:23 AM
cheachea
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Man, Sonnen is hilarious. He could honestly do pro wrestling or be a pro wrestling announcer.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDotComKid View Post
Is everyone one in your universe deluded by fandom? how can Chael say he didnt lose? if its on the street,where I'm from Chael would be DEAD!
Lmao.. Strong statement bro..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Twinsmama
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDotComKid View Post
Is everyone one in your universe deluded by fandom? how can Chael say he didnt lose? if its on the street,where I'm from Chael would be DEAD!
because he's so gangsta it cracks me up when he calls himself a gangsta. really??? gangsters are a lot different down here i guess

i also think he was joking about matt. he is a jokester it's hard to take anything he says seriously. he is funny.

i am delude by fandom though. if he really said mean stuff about matt and meant it i would stop liking him. i'm a fan of both but matt first.....besides soemtimes i just put it on mute and just watch so i may not know who he is making fun of unless you guys tell me
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.