Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-07-2011, 04:27 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Ariel Helwani: Backstage with Chael Sonnen

This is an amazing 19 minute interview. At the beginning, he's discussing his suspension, TRT & Marquardt, and it's very informative & thoughtful & interesting. Then Ariel asks a question about Wanderlei (around the 6min mark) & it just becomes hilarious!

There's one point where he takes a jab at Matt (I'll let y'all find it, I don't wanna spoil the joke, but start listening at aroun the 13min mark), but I thought it was funny & done in good fun. Maybe y'all disagree with me, whatever:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/07/0...-chael-sonnen/
Old 07-07-2011, 06:53 PM
rearnakedchoke

very good interview ... i think he wants to say that he feels nate got screwed, but doesn't want to piss off dana .. LOL .. you have a guy like nate who goes through the proper channels and screws up a card and gets canned on the spot .. and then you have a guy like thiago silva who knowingly takes something against the rules, fights knowing he is breaking the rules and puts another fighter in danger, knows he is going to fail the drug test and puts something in his urine sample to hide the fact that he cheated, and as far as i know, hasnt' been cut or fired .. crazy .. if anything, dana used the word disgusting to describe nate, but that is exactly the perfect term for what thiago did ..
Old 07-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
very good interview ... i think he wants to say that he feels nate got screwed, but doesn't want to piss off dana .. LOL .. you have a guy like nate who goes through the proper channels and screws up a card and gets canned on the spot .. and then you have a guy like thiago silva who knowingly takes something against the rules, fights knowing he is breaking the rules and puts another fighter in danger, knows he is going to fail the drug test and puts something in his urine sample to hide the fact that he cheated, and as far as i know, hasnt' been cut or fired .. crazy .. if anything, dana used the word disgusting to describe nate, but that is exactly the perfect term for what thiago did ..
Nate was given several chances. This wasn't his first time. The way Dana feels is fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. So he was not about to not voice his disgust...
Old 07-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Maldonado136

That was a million times better than any pro-wrestling promo ever. Absolutely hilarious. I wish he didn't cheat.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
That was a million times better than any pro-wrestling promo ever. Absolutely hilarious. I wish he didn't cheat.
Unfortunately I have not seen it.. My computer is giving me some message about needing to install flash?!! I am eager to hear what he has to say
Old 07-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Twinsmama

he cracks me up. he is going to give himself a heart attack by getting worked up so much. yeah yeah i judge my fighters by cuteness and he's top 3 for me
Old 07-07-2011, 08:12 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Unfortunately I have not seen it.. My computer is giving me some message about needing to install flash?!! I am eager to hear what he has to say
A lot of it is similar to the "Uncle Chael" thread you already posted, but he expands on it a lot!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
he cracks me up. he is going to give himself a heart attack by getting worked up so much. yeah yeah i judge my fighters by cuteness and he's top 3 for me
Lol...He's #2 for me baby..
Old 07-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
A lot of it is similar to the "Uncle Chael" thread you already posted, but he expands on it a lot!!!
Oooh now your making the anticipation worse Ben!!
Old 07-07-2011, 08:34 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Oooh now your making the anticipation worse Ben!!
Glad to be of serivce!!!