Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
You mean that book that Fox News has plugged over 75 times in the past 4 days?
Hmmmm, I've been watching Fox News almost every day for the last 6 months or so and I can't recall that book being mentioned even once. Exactly who's been mentioning it?
Old 03-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Dear Mods,

Can you please create an Obama Bashing folder in General Discussions (you can call it "Civil Political Discussions" if you want) so people can actually browse the Woodshed without finding 50% of all posts being hate filled rants about our President. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards,
The Concrete Kid
If other people would like to see a separate section for political discussions, then we can do that. However, you are the first one to bring it up.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
But if you don't see anything wrong with the above image then you are no longer thinking for yourself and Fox has officially given you a lobotomy... or you are Bernard Madoff.
Yeah, that's an intelligent way to make your argument. If anyone disagrees with you, then just insult them.

Anyways, that picture is ridiculous and it doesn't even come close to representing reality.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Actually the Mods should be doing the job they wanted and deleting the Obama hate threads or threads with hate crap in it. Its Matts rule and NAtes rule, or maybe its NAtes rule cause Matt would like the rule.

To quote Nate, "You may not like him, or his approach but as our president he deserves our support." Then again I think that only applied to McCame...
If you recall, the restriction only applied to avatars, signatures and thread titles that deliberately vilified or slandered Obama. I have asked a couple of people to remove some signature images, and so far the only thread title that has crossed the line has been this one.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Threads about Obama:
Saying that people can't vilify or slander Obama in thread title, signatures and avatars, doesn't mean that people can't talk about Obama.

Quote:
That thread is criticizing Obama's economic plan.

Quote:
That thread is about Rush Limbaugh.

Quote:
That thread is about Communism.

Quote:
That thread is about the earmark-laden spending bill.

Quote:
That's a poll from another site, in which Obama seems to be doing very poorly in. But people are still free to go there and vote however they like.

Quote:
That thread was actually started in support of Obama's policies, so you should like that one. It's just that some of us happen to disagree with slaughtering children, so it's not well supported here.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
That thread was actually started in support of Obama's policies, so you should like that one. It's just that some of us happen to disagree with slaughtering children, so it's not well supported here.

Good morning, over-simplification.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:19 PM
rearnakedchoke

I must be slow, cuz i don't get this thread ... LOL
Old 03-13-2009, 04:36 PM
TheConcretekid

Quote:
That thread is criticizing Obama's economic plan.
That thread is about Rush Limbaugh.
That thread is about Communism.
That thread is about the earmark-laden spending bill.
That's a poll from another site, in which Obama seems to be doing very poorly in. But people are still free to go there and vote however they like.
Even if the initial post wasn't directly related to Obama, you only need to scroll down 2 or 3 replies to see some slander.

Again, I don't care if anyone on here hates Obama, or just personally disagrees with his policies, or just wants to vent, or wants to be ignorant, I DONT CARE. Again, the fact that you can openly criticize our leader/government is part of what makes this country great.

What I don't like is having every other thread be an Obama/Liberal/Democratic bashing thread. Thats what I proposed another section in General Discussions for politics, so I can avoid that stuff. But I think I'm just going to have to miss out on the Book/Image/Quote/Video/Jokes/Misc threads here in the Woodshed and stay in the MMA section. So long Woodshed.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Even if the initial post wasn't directly related to Obama, you only need to scroll down 2 or 3 replies to see some slander.

Again, I don't care if anyone on here hates Obama, or just personally disagrees with his policies, or just wants to vent, or wants to be ignorant, I DONT CARE. Again, the fact that you can openly criticize our leader/government is part of what makes this country great.

What I don't like is having every other thread be an Obama/Liberal/Democratic bashing thread. Thats what I proposed another section in General Discussions for politics, so I can avoid that stuff. But I think I'm just going to have to miss out on the Book/Image/Quote/Video/Jokes/Misc threads here in the Woodshed and stay in the MMA section. So long Woodshed.
Like I said, if enough people want a separate 'Political Discussions' section, then I'll talk to Matt about it and we'll see about creating one. So I'm just waiting to hear some more support for your idea.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Like I said, if enough people want a separate 'Political Discussions' section, then I'll talk to Matt about it and we'll see about creating one. So I'm just waiting to hear some more support for your idea.
IMO, it's just as simple to skip over them. I keep seeing that "Ladies with Lower Back Tats" thread. I read it once and have ignored it since, but it seems to be popular with everybody else. It's not a big deal to just overlook threads that don't interest you.