Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 07-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I have to say I do think there was sufficient circumstantial evidence to find her guilty. If they didn't want to convict her on the 1st degree murder/death penalty, they could have convicted her on one of the lesser charges and given her life; but, to find her "not guilty" (which by the way does not mean they think she's innocent, just means they feel the prosecutor failed to prove their case) on any of the charges except the lying...is just absolutely incredible to me. I agree with something I heard Marcia Clark say tonight...give them a theory of reasonable doubt--the theory that Caylee drowned in the pool--and you give them "reason to doubt". I think it would be great if people didn't leave their common sense (if they have any to begin with ) at the door when they're picked for a jury.

The prosecutors had a difficult case to prove because unfortunately there wasn't any DNA or smoking gun pointing to Casey, and why was that, because Casey threw her baby in that marsh where her little body stayed for six months decomposing from the heat and water before it was found. By that time, whatever evidence was there, had deteriotated. But there was strong circumstantial evidence and also that duct tape. What parent has a child go missing, supposedly kidnapped by the nanny, and doesn't report it for 31 days--she wasn't even the one to report it, her mother was. Who goes out to clubs dancing and entering "hot body" contests and getting a tatoo meaning "beautiful life" AFTER and WHILE their child is missing?!

I agree with Chris there was enough circumstantial evidence to find her guilty at the very least of one of the lesser charges for Caylee's death, but Buzzard is also correct that there was no direct evidence/proof the prosecutor could offer up to satisfy the jury. The jury has spoken and she can never be tried again for any of these charges so it's all moot now, except there's still a dead baby, and the only person responsible will never be punished for it. In all likelihood, come Thursday, she's going to be walking out the door a free woman with "time served" for the four counts of lying they did find her guilty on.

But you know what I think, I think Casey is going to find trouble again (just like OJ did) because the person she was going into jail is still that person coming out of jail, a pathological liar and thief. She won't change her spots and eventually she'll do something again. I just pray when she does, she's her only victim.
I think that they had more circumstantial evidence against her than they did for the Scott Peterson case in which he was convicted. If she's guilty, hopefully the guilt will rot through her like a cancer and she will remove herself from this world.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Administrator

As much as I dislike it sometimes, in America we are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I've only read a little bit about this case, but from what I understand, they never even determined a cause of death for Caylee Anthony and the mother's lies after her daughter's disappearance definitely helped confuse matters.

According to our justice system, she is innocent and has always been innocent. I'm not going to pronounce her guilty based on a few magazine and internet articles.

Either way, if she really is guilty she might have gotten away with murder; but unless some new evidence pops up, there is really nothing we can do but leave it in GOD's hands and trust that He will see justice done for Caylee Anthony's murder. Maybe not in this lifetime, but the killer WILL answer for their crimes.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:43 AM
County Mike

Agree with Buzzard and NateR here. I THINK she's guilty but there wasn't enough proof to convict her. The jury returned the only verdict that they could. If the prosecution had a better case, maybe it would have gone the other way.

People compare this to the OJ trial but that's not accurate. The prosecution DID have plenty of evidence against OJ. There was blood from both victims in his car. DNA matches, etc. That was a case of the jury being fooled and giving a bad verdict. All the prosecution had for Casey was people talking about a smell from her trunk. No DNA or anything to really link it together. Yes, she lied to the police and she was found guilty of that. That's all they've really got.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:08 PM

e'erbody grab yer torches and pitchforks and follow me! We is gonna go on a witchhunt!!!!

I'm gonna burn me a witch, cause I seen stuff on tv and everything on tv is true and unbiased, so that #itch needs to burn!!!

So let's pass a judgement having never met her and based only on the same journalism that tells us that obama is the messiah and gw was an idiot, cause everything on tv is real!!!

so go get your wooden stakes and holy water, but excuse me for a moment as i update the death toll on my abortion counter to 53 million deaths, just a little chore i have to do daily, not that those babies killed are important or anything they weren't born yet
Old 07-06-2011, 01:12 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I don't know whether she was guilty or not, but...

Can those that think she was guilty explain the evidence that they heard that proves she murdered the child? Maybe I missed that part.

The link in the OP is an intolerable rant of a lunatic I think.
To me the evidence showed at the least that she was neglegent in protecting her child. There is no logical reason to think a mother would fail to report her child, party after words like it was going out of style, lie repeatedly about where the child was, lie about where she was working, and lie about a dozen other things. If it was an accident that she failed to report, she clearly knew what happened and knew her part in it enough to lie about it. To me that is enough proof of neglect, and I believe it was the 3rd option that included death caused to a minor by neglect.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:17 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
e'erbody grab yer torches and pitchforks and follow me! We is gonna go on a witchhunt!!!!

I'm gonna burn me a witch, cause I seen stuff on tv and everything on tv is true and unbiased, so that #itch needs to burn!!!

So let's pass a judgement having never met her and based only on the same journalism that tells us that obama is the messiah and gw was an idiot, cause everything on tv is real!!!

so go get your wooden stakes and holy water, but excuse me for a moment as i update the death toll on my abortion counter to 53 million deaths, just a little chore i have to do daily, not that those babies killed are important or anything they weren't born yet
Pass judgement? I'm so sorry but if I see a mom who is sitting in jail with her child missing and her parents are beggin her to give them any bit of information to find her child and all she wants is a number for her boyfriend I'm calling her a POS mom.

I'm very pro life, so I think any woman who aborts her child is wrong. The only difference I find between what those women do and what Casey did is those women are fooled into think their baby has no life until birth. Casey knew damn good and well her child was alive and well when she either did or allowed something to happened to her that lead to death.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:27 PM
BamaGrits84

My opinion on the verdict - not suprised. The prosecution failed to do a huge thing with the evidence they had. They didn't connect it. I do however thing this jury failed to use common sense and ignored the evidence that showed neglect. Failing to provide a safe enviroment for your child is neglect. Failing to report possible injury to your child is neglect. Failing to report a child missing is neglect. Failing to seek medical attention for your child is neglect. Putting partying above the well being of your child is neglect. Regardless of how that baby was killed, her mother's lack of action shows neglect. There was plenty of evidence to show lack of action on Casey's part. The 3rd charge allowed for accidently death cause by neglect I believe. Honestly I think that is the only charge the prosecution should have went after other than the lying.

When your own mother doesn't even crack a smile when you get found not guilty of murder you know something is up.

I think she'll walk out Thursday with time served, but I hope Judge Perry will give her 4 consecutive years considering the lying hindered a search for a missing child. Not likely but that would be a total of about 6 years behind bars for her.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Fox news CNN, Headline new courttv. happy watching there is your evidence. You are insane if you think I Waste that many hours of my life explaining the case on a forum to a 4-5 day jury trial. I rather have a root canal or sit through another debate with Buzzard. You want the evidence it is there for your own research and that way you can draw your own conclusions instead of the filter of my views.

BTW spare the name calling if all you got is petty insults than go join buzzard in the welfare line If I am a lunatic than prove it till than shut your trap.
I have drawn my own conclusions, and I think the jury did the only thing they could. I'm just trying to figure out where people are coming from that are saying that the jury was dumb, and an injustice was done, etc., when the State didn't even provide a single piece of evidence of a killing, much less linking it to the the mother.

That was you ranting on that blog? LOL! Goodness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Agree with Buzzard and NateR here. I THINK she's guilty but there wasn't enough proof to convict her. The jury returned the only verdict that they could. If the prosecution had a better case, maybe it would have gone the other way.

People compare this to the OJ trial but that's not accurate. The prosecution DID have plenty of evidence against OJ. There was blood from both victims in his car. DNA matches, etc. That was a case of the jury being fooled and giving a bad verdict. All the prosecution had for Casey was people talking about a smell from her trunk. No DNA or anything to really link it together. Yes, she lied to the police and she was found guilty of that. That's all they've really got.
Exactly.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
As much as I dislike it sometimes, in America we are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I've only read a little bit about this case, but from what I understand, they never even determined a cause of death for Caylee Anthony and the mother's lies after her daughter's disappearance definitely helped confuse matters.

According to our justice system, she is innocent and has always been innocent. I'm not going to pronounce her guilty based on a few magazine and internet articles.

Either way, if she really is guilty she might have gotten away with murder; but unless some new evidence pops up, there is really nothing we can do but leave it in GOD's hands and trust that He will see justice done for Caylee Anthony's murder. Maybe not in this lifetime, but the killer WILL answer for their crimes.

Well said, Nate.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-06-2011, 06:04 PM
kevint13

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I have drawn my own conclusions, and I think the jury did the only thing they could. I'm just trying to figure out where people are coming from that are saying that the jury was dumb, and an injustice was done, etc., when the State didn't even provide a single piece of evidence of a killing, much less linking it to the the mother.
I agree with you. The jury did their job and they provided her with a fair trial, which is all you can ask for.

I understand why people are mad, but it is not the jury's fault. It is an unfortunate situation that there just wasn't enough evidence to link Casey, or anyone, to a crime.