Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,097
Smile Happy Independance Day



Its just turned July Fourth according to BST

I hope you all have a very nice holiday
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-04-2011, 05:19 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Thanks Dave!

You may not appreciate this, but I already managed to hunt down a couple of Brits with my pitchfork this morning.

Anybody else get some Brits with their pitchforks?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Thanks Dave!

You may not appreciate this, but I already managed to hunt down a couple of Brits with my pitchfork this morning.

Anybody else get some Brits with their pitchforks?
You might not appreciate this either....but surely ONLY Americans in the ORIGINAL thirteen states have the right to celebrate Independance Day...after all...England NEVER Rulled much of North America...only ever Thirteen States.

I dont believe Texas was one of them

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-04-2011, 05:38 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
You might not appreciate this either....but surely ONLY Americans in the ORIGINAL thirteen states have the right to celebrate Independance Day...after all...England NEVER Rulled much of North America...only ever Thirteen States.

I dont believe Texas was one of them

LOL, you have a good point Dave, but, if it weren't for what those 13 states did, TX may still be a part of Mexico, or even better, still the Republic of Texas!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
LOL, you have a good point Dave, but, if it weren't for what those 13 states did, TX may still be a part of Mexico, or even better, still the Republic of Texas!
I think Texas would be a Republic, because Mexico was in swift decline around the time of the United States being Founded.

Incidently...do any of the Southern States commemorate the Confederacy in anyway...or is that deemed Illegal? I mean...they pretty much declaired independance from the "United" States to form a "Confederacy" of States (still ironically an Union of interdependant States, rather then an independant country) I would say, surely that is more important then Independance from England....for lets face it...England only held a small portion in the East.

Do you ever celebrate Independance from the other European Countries that Collonized you? The Midwest was owned and full of French Plantations (you have a state called Louisiana...but the French called everything from about Alabama-ish, to Washington State, in a diagonal strip across the continent, by the same name prior to selling it. Spain owned the West Coast, and much of the South...Whole Nations in meso-America are plantations of Spain...I k