Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-03-2011, 05:17 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Sometimes it was so fast and furious, I had to ask my husband who took down who/whom.
There was no control and it looked like Faber was trying to adjust so he would land on top. Every time they landed both guys got up and there was no established position or dominant position. Thats why I have a hard time considering them take downs, but I definitely call that octagon aggression, and why Cruz took round 5.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:20 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
There was no control and it looked like Faber was trying to adjust so he would land on top. Every time they landed both guys got up and there was no established position or dominant position. Thats why I have a hard time considering them take downs, but I definitely call that octagon aggression, and why Cruz took round 5.
Yeah, that & Aggression. I look forward to how Faber resets from this.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Thanks for the great coverage, Ben!
Yes, we really appreciate it!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-03-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I totally agree with you about when they went down; I'm pretty sure that's how the judges saw them...as aggression on Cruz's part. I could definitely see how it was difficult for Urijah to find any kind of rhythm and be more effective with his striking with Cruz constantly bouncing every which way. Hopefully, by the time they fight again, he'll come up with a strategy to thwart some of that--perhaps go after Cruz's legs with kicks...slow him down?
Old 07-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I liked how Dominick Cruz seemed to get better the longer the fight went on

I'm glad he managed to keep his belt also But Faber showed he is still good...coz a lesser fighter would have been dominated by that oddball...and I dont think you can claim that Cruz dominated every angle...he just worked hard and did better...that sorta exciting fight takes two tallents working at full potential IMHO
Old 07-03-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
I really don't consider those take down, if their was some actual down time then I would have considered it, but as soon as it went down it was right back up.

I dont agree with the 45-50 score either.
OMG! I agree with you

That was some F'ING BullSh!$ 50-45???? Cruz got knocked on his ass like 3 times!!!

Quote:
I had it going 2-2 into round 5 and I thought Cruz won that round.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:49 PM
kevint13

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Oh no!!! I can't believe it!

This was the ONE fight I figured for a given.

Well, props to Kevin, he picked the winner and took some ribbing for it.
Thanks Flo!

I took a chance and what can I say, I kinda like Tito. Bader really didn't look confident going into the fight and Tito looked really emotional. But he got it together and took him out.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Chuck

Quote:
I had it going 2-2 into round 5 and I thought Cruz won that round.
I had it the same.

If we negate the TD's by Cruz because Faber got right back up then we would have to negate the KD's by Faber because Cruz got right back up.

The difference being Cruz had more TD's then Faber had KD's. I think Cruz could have had it 3-1 going into the 5th as well though.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:43 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, that & Aggression. I look forward to how Faber resets from this.
Well I think if Faber had went on offensive a bit more he would have had a better chance, Cruz was working hard on his feet and was starting to slow a bit, a more constant pressure would have been even more strain on Cruz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
OMG! I agree with you

That was some F'ING BullSh!$ 50-45???? Cruz got knocked on his ass like 3 times!!!
yeah freakier things have happened lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I had it the same.

If we negate the TD's by Cruz because Faber got right back up then we would have to negate the KD's by Faber because Cruz got right back up.

The difference being Cruz had more TD's then Faber had KD's. I think Cruz could have had it 3-1 going into the 5th as well though.
Couldnt we argue then that Cruz being stopped 10 times on take downs was more of an impact then his 4 take downs in which Faber popped right back up? Seems to me that even if you fail at it, ur still awarded more points then if your the guy stuffing them.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAt65KCSKyg

Recap Video