Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-03-2011, 03:23 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Now were those really take downs in that 5th round?
Faber ended up on his back, but was able to scramble back up within about 2sec. Since he was put on his back, however briefly, I called them takedowns.

50-45, 49-46, 48-47 for Cruz
Old 07-03-2011, 03:24 AM
Maldonado136

Fight of the year and there will be a rubber match no matter what.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:25 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
I WANT ROUND 6 BABY!!
Way to go Dominick!
Old 07-03-2011, 03:26 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Faber ended up on his back, but was able to scramble back up within about 2sec. Since he was put on his back, however briefly, I called them takedowns.

50-45, 49-46, 48-47 for Cruz
I really don't consider those take down, if their was some actual down time then I would have considered it, but as soon as it went down it was right back up.

I dont agree with the 45-50 score either.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:31 AM
StizzoFoShizzo

It was a great fight, but not quite fight of the year IMO. It's definitely up there though.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:34 AM

i scored it 48-47 cruz i thought it was alot closer then a couple of the judges did... I dont know how uriah didnt win the two rounds where he put cruz on his ass with punches... Did cruz dancing really make up for him being rocked to win those rounds??? I guess so...Wish i would of put money down on tito i would of made some serious bank.

Good card but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth because of what happened to wand...
Old 07-03-2011, 03:47 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
i scored it 48-47 cruz i thought it was alot closer then a couple of the judges did... I dont know how uriah didnt win the two rounds where he put cruz on his ass with punches... Did cruz dancing really make up for him being rocked to win those rounds??? I guess so...Wish i would of put money down on tito i would of made some serious bank.

Good card but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth because of what happened to wand...
Well, I think the dancing prolly scored for him in Aggression (he was the one moving forward the most) & Octagon Control (he decided which direction the fight went). Striking was even (Cruz landed more but Uriah dropped him) & Grappling was pretty much a wash, too (Cruz got a TD, but Faber was right bck up). That's why I figured Cruz would get those two.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Well, I think the dancing prolly scored for him in Aggression (he was the one moving forward the most) & Octagon Control (he decided which direction the fight went). Striking was even (Cruz landed more but Uriah dropped him) & Grappling was pretty much a wash, too (Cruz got a TD, but Faber was right bck up). That's why I figured Cruz would get those two.
I thought the same thing, Ben. And even though Urijah got right back up, Cruz still got all those TDs. What frustrated me was the few times Urijah did knock him on his backside he didn't take advantage and follow forward, try to get a few more punches in while he was down, and maybe score some more points. I think the judges made the right decision. I think when Urijah goes back and watches the fight, he'll see all that.

Thanks for the great coverage, Ben!

Last edited by Bonnie; 07-03-2011 at 05:44 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Now were those really take downs in that 5th round?
Sometimes it was so fast and furious, I had to ask my husband who took down who/whom.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:13 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post

I had it going 2-2 into round 5 and I thought Cruz won that round.