Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-03-2011, 03:56 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Aight, main event time: Faber/Cruz!!

Dominic is using a lot of footwork & blasts a straight right down the middle. The exchange & Urijah gets a solid body lock, but Cruz defends & they break. Faber seems unimpressed with Cruz's speed. He drops Dominic with a left (I think) but the champ is right back to his feet. Faber eats a lead upper cut as he tries to come in. Cruz is darting in & out & Uriah's starting to look frustrated. They clinch a few times, but Faber can't get him down. As the bell sound, Cruz tries to land a takedown of his own, but Faber whizzers hard & ended up in a better position.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:02 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Btw, I think the champ got Rnd 1

Faber tries for another takedown, but Cruz defends again. Uriah's starting to throw kicks. Uriah lands an overhand right. Dominic answers with a hard leg kick. Cruz just seems too long & quick, Faber can't get a hand on him. However, oDminic has taken a few deep breaths. Faber connects with a punch that puts Cruz on the canvas, but he's bCk up before Uriah can finish him. With 30sec left, Cruz takes Faber down, but Uriah's back up. Another round for the champ.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:09 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Mre exchanges with Cruz being too fSt for Faber to answer. H shoots for a takedown, but Uriah again whizzers hard & defends it. Halfway through the fight & Faber can't seem to figure Cruz out. Faber finally gets a takedown, but in thes scramble, Cruz rolls him & winds up on top. As Faber fights his way to his feet, Cruz lands. Knee. Third round ends with Cruz pressuring Faber against the fence looking for a TD & it look like it's 30-27 for Dominic right now.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:09 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Btw, I think the champ got Rnd 1

Faber tries for another takedown, but Cruz defends again. Uriah's starting to throw kicks. Uriah lands an overhand right. Dominic answers with a hard leg kick. Cruz just seems too long & quick, Faber can't get a hand on him. However, oDminic has taken a few deep breaths. Faber connects with a punch that puts Cruz on the canvas, but he's bCk up before Uriah can finish him. With 30sec left, Cruz takes Faber down, but Uriah's back up. Another round for the champ.
Think Faber dropping the Champ in the first 2 rounds gave it to him, I think Dom took round 3
Old 07-03-2011, 04:14 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Faber's gotta find a way to get Cruz on his back if he wants to win, but the fourth starts with Cruz being just a elusive in the previous 3. Faber lands a strong leg kick, then as Cruz tries to come in for a response, he floors him with an uppercut. Again, though, the champ, is able to get back to his feet. Cruz tries for a takedown, but Faber defends again. As the round draws to a close, Cruz attempts another takedown. 40-36 for Dominic.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:15 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Think Faber dropping the Champ in the first 2 rounds gave it to him, I think Dom took round 3
I'd love to be wrong, but I think the judges are going to be impressed by Dominic's dancing.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:17 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Faber's gotta find a way to get Cruz on his back if he wants to win, but the fourth starts with Cruz being just a elusive in the previous 3. Faber lands a strong leg kick, then as Cruz tries to come in for a response, he floors him with an uppercut. Again, though, the champ, is able to get back to his feet. Cruz tries for a takedown, but Faber defends again. As the round draws to a close, Cruz attempts another takedown. 40-36 for Dominic.
I WANT ROUND 6 BABY!!
Old 07-03-2011, 04:19 AM
Maldonado136

this is one of my favorite fights ever. great pace and action. Dominick's angles and footwork are incredible to watch and Faber always brings it. Good stuff.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:21 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Cruz tries for a flying knee, but Faber nearly takes him down off it. Another takedown attempt form Cruz & he briefly puts Uriah on his back before Faber scrambles back to his feet. Again a takedown with Uriah bouncing right back up. A third time Faber gets taken down as he rushed in & again he's right back up. A fourth repeat now. They end up against the cage. They break & Faber tries for a hail Mary head kick, but Cruz circles away. A fifth & sixth repetition of takedown-bounce-up. Time expires with Faber defending yet another takedown attempt.

I think Bruce Buffer will be saying "And still"
Old 07-03-2011, 04:21 AM
logrus

Now were those really take downs in that 5th round?