Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 06-30-2011, 07:22 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Brett Rogers Arrested

Quote:
Oh no Rogers. You've now entered the realm of MMA fighter mugshots, a realm that I've never experienced (yet). According to MyFox9, Rogers was arrested last night for domestic assault via strangulation and apparently knocking out his wife's tooth. It appears that Rogers was intoxicated during the altercation. Check out this MyFox9 excerpt for more info.
Quote:
DAKOTA COUNTY, Minn. - Major-league Mixed Martial Artist and Apple Valley, Minn. resident Brett Rogers was arrested and jailed in connection with assaulting his wife Wednesday in their south metro home. She was reportedly strangled, punched repeatedly in the head and face and lost a tooth in the struggle.

Brett Charles Rogers, 30, has been charged with assault in the third degree, domestic assault by strangulation and pattern of stalking conduct -- all felonies --in Dakota County. He was also charged with endangerment of a child, a gross misdameanor.

His wife blacked out from being choked, suffered a golf ball sized wound on her face among smaller wounds. The couples daughter had tried to intervene after she saw Rogers strike her mother.

Rogers admits he had been drinking before an argument broke out with he and his wife. He claims she punched him and he returned force.

The local fighter made his first court appearance Thursday. Bail was set at $100,00 with conditions. He is again expected in court Friday at 11 a.m.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:23 PM

Lovely individual.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-30-2011, 07:30 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Pussy
Old 06-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Maldonado136

"A neighbor reported that he had looked out his window and saw Rogers standing over his wife, repeatedly punching her in the head and face as she lay on the ground. Another neighbor stated that he saw her with blood “streaming from her face and mouth” with what looked to be a missing tooth.

Rogers’ nine-year old daughter saw the incident unfold and yelled at her father to stop. Rogers’ ten-year old daughter was also present and witnessed the attack, admitting that she had seen her father strike her mother in the past. She also reported that her father had struck the children within the last two years."

dang
Old 06-30-2011, 07:49 PM
kevint13

This is pretty despicable. Especially if he has hit his kids too.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Twinsmama

i hope the neighbors didn't just watch. if it's true and he struck the kids within the last 2 years.....well not sure exactly what to say about that. hopefully this time he knocked some sense into the woman. i can't stand a man that would hit a woman or a child....i can't stand a woman that would let a man hit her or a child.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:31 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

This is so sad.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Blade

Mrs Rogers just needs to learn a couple of basic takedowns and she'll be perfectly safe.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:18 AM
cheachea

I'm so glad Fedor knocked this clown out.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:45 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Mrs Rogers just needs to learn a couple of basic takedowns and she'll be perfectly safe.
LOL