Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-22-2011, 07:55 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Default 5 years for recording a police officer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNcDG...eature=related
Old 06-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Waiting for June 6th

Kind o an interesting case: recording without permission is a felony, which he did, so I understand why he's being brought up on charges. However, he also does make a good point that the camera was clearly visible on his helmet, meaning he might have a shot at implied consent. The issue is that it may not have been necessarily obvious whether the camera was on or off.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:25 PM

Waaaaa, cry me a river. I smell a publicity ho.

He doesn't like the laws in Maryland? Then vote to change them. In the meantime, the police have enough on their hands - they're outgunned and outmanned by the baddies and never know just *who* they are pulling over.

Is there police abuse? Yes. This isn't one of those occasions, IMO. His little stunt didn't work quite as well as he thought it would.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-23-2011, 06:44 PM
logrus

Looks to me like the guy did nothing wrong, Id back up my motorcycle if a guy all of a sudden jumped out as well. Especially if there was a gun drawn. The civilian had just as much to worry about as the officer did in this instance.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:53 PM
County Mike

It's not like he started recording AFTER the cop came at him. I don't think the cop did anything terribly wrong either, but to arrest this guy for the recording is stupid.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:46 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Folk's the sky is falling in! I actually agree with Logrus on this one! For one thing I think it should be legal to record the police in the performance of thier duty and another that plain clothes cop should have had a badge showing before he pulled the gun! I heard a phrase once that I like. Wh