Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 06-28-2011, 02:41 AM
Administrator

Default 90 Minutes in Heaven

I just read 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper. Has anyone read it, any thoughts?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:35 AM

Just googled and watched a short video clip. I'd like to read his story. Thanks for mentioning it.

I've seen programs where people have talked about seeing a light and being outside of their bodies looking down on what was happening, but I've never heard anyone describe what he said he saw and heard.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:37 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I just read 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper. Has anyone read it, any thoughts?
I have read it. I must admit that I was very skeptical at first.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:36 AM

I haven't read it but it sounds very interesting. Here is a review I came across.

Quote:
I never buy these kinds of books. I have always viewed them as a type of preying on believers or , at best, a sleazy attempt to cash in on faith. This book was different. I read the title and synopsis and passed over it many times but something kept drawing me back to this book. I didn't know why at the time, but I had to buy this book.
I loved it from the very first page. It has a ring of truth. Most of the book is about what happened to Mr. Piper after his experience in heaven and during his long, painful recovery. I bought many copies and gave them to family and friends, urging them to read it as I believe it has the power to transform lives.
About a month after I 1st read this book my son was killed in Iraq. I now know that God was preparing me for what was to come and not be afraid but be joyful that my son is with Him in an indescribly beautiful place, in His presence. I have a peace of mind I NEVER would have known if I had not read this book. I will be forever grateful for this.
What did you think of the book, Mark?

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-28-2011, 07:01 AM
Chris F

I am skeptical. But I have got to meet Mr Piper and his heart seemed to be in the right place and had no intention to mislead or profit from his story.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Administrator

These kinds of books seem to be a dime a dozen these days. I'm extremely skeptical about it.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:34 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
These kinds of books seem to be a dime a dozen these days.
Nope. It's $8.39.
http://www.amazon.com/90-Minutes-Hea...9271632&sr=8-1
Old 06-28-2011, 02:48 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
yeah, that'd make it about a $100 a dozen .. LOL
Old 06-28-2011, 04:20 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

O, whoops. I was expecting this thread to be about a longer version of that Middle School party game.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
12:1 I must go on boasting. Though there is nothing to be gained by it, I will go on to visions and revelations of the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows. 3 And I know that this man was caught up into paradise—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— 4 and he heard things that cannot be told, which man may not utter. 5 On behalf of this man I will boast, but on my own behalf I will not boast, except of my weaknesses. 6 Though if I should wish to boast, I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me. 7 So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, [1] a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.