Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 07-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
I call a cult a cult.

Luckily I got out of it and was able to continue my education through public schools. I will give credit to the school though, it gave me a head start in the education department. It taught me to think for myself which in turn allowed me to objectively look at the subject and decide it was a scam.
You should think for yourself, but do you think your objectivety might be skewed and/or tainted by what happened to you as a child? Have you rejected GOD because you truly believe He doesn't exist? Or, did you reject Him because you were upset with the people you feel tried to brainwash/force-feed you a certain religion/cult--in other words, you were angry at them and you were going to "show them" by totally rejecting GOD altogether and not have anything to do with any religion?

Hopefully I haven't bungled that too much and you get what I'm trying to ask.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Gay marriage brings others up to the level playing field, not bringing them down as you would have it. Separate but equal is nothing of the sort.
What do you mean?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
At least you are honest enough to say that there is no proof. Kudos to you.

As for flo, if she wants to bring me up in other threads in a derogatory way, and add her $.02 cents of nothing in this thread, then I will call her out as others call me out. I'm open for discussion and debate, she isn't capable from what I have seen.

If you wish to insult my intelligence by claiming I believe, then I have no choice to let you know how wrong you are.



Show me the scientific proof of the burning bush, I challenge you on that. Logic seems to be lost on you, as on most other religious folks when it comes to religion. You believe stuff without proof or evidence, I need more than that and so far there is little to none of it in regard to the outrageous claims made in the bible and quran.

Back on subject. Can you show me how the states that have already approved gay marriage have been destroyed by it?

Marriage is a civil contract which allows many rights to those whom are married. If you aren't allowed to marry the person you love, I believe rights are violated.

Please don't go off and then say that it would open the door up for man to marry animals or children as that is the most asinine argument out there. There are probably other asinine arguments, but these always rise to the top.

Is your marriage so weak that allowing gays to marry will destroy it?

Have a great weekend and a safe 4th Chris and Bob and all others. Don't blow off any fingers, you'll need them to reply.

EDIT: There is a reason it is called the Theory of Evolution, but I believe that you already knew that. When science discovers a mistake, they change and research some more. When fallacies are shown in the good books, you try to change the world to fit your beliefs.
Because I said so is not a logical defense. Try again. As for your proof. Well the very liberal Discovery channel did a show and there is where i go the info. It was re-aired on the History Channel as well. They took bible stories and showed modern day examples. They also talked about a man who was swallowed by a whale off the coast of South Africa and a commercial fisherman caught the whale and when they gutted it the man came out and stayed alive for almost a week before he died of secondary drowning. I will try ot find the airdate and episode name so you can look it up. It was about 4-5 years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
You should think for yourself, but do you think your objectivety might be skewed and/or tainted by what happened to you as a child? Have you rejected GOD because you truly believe He doesn't exist? Or, did you reject Him because you were upset with the people you feel tried to brainwash/force-feed you a certain religion/cult--in other words, you were angry at them and you were going to "show them" by totally rejecting GOD altogether and not have anything to do with any religion?

Hopefully I haven't bungled that too much and you get what I'm trying to ask.

What do you mean?
I get what you are trying to say and those are great questions Bonnie. I'll answer them after I finish watching the movie I'm watching.

EDIT: Nothing bad happened to me as a child in regards to church or religion. I (as most kids are probably IMO) didn't want to go to church, and it was always creepy. I don't believe because I truly don't and can't believe what I have read. Not to be offensive, but it is all so far fetched that I have trouble believing that people really do believe what is written in the books. It goes beyond reason, and when I first started objectively looking into it, I was a Christian. The more I read and researched, the harder it was for me to accept the ideas being presented as true. I can't force myself to believe something no matter how hard I try if there is no basis of fact or truth to it. I'm just being honest with myself, which I believe to be quite important. Religion uses scare tactics to rope em in, as do all cults. Surround yourself with enough like minded people and you can easily become one of the sheeple. It takes guts to go against the grain when everyone around you is rabidly religious and trying to force their archaic beliefs on you. I held out and stood fast, asking for proof, evidence, anything to help make me be able to believe. I was met with mockery, name calling, (as done here by Mark too), and weak arguments. My sisters are sad that I don't believe, and one still pisses me off by always trying to cram the crap down my throat. /EDIT

As for my comment "Separate but equal is anything but" is in regard to people who say that gays should just be happy with what they are allowed to do, and that they should be ok with civil unions even though they don't have the same rights as married couples do. Did you know that there are over 1000 legal protections and rights afforded to married couples which don't apply to civil unions. Separate but equal is anything but.

Again thanks for asking a relevant question in a non-obnoxious way. I can learn from you on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Because I said so is not a logical defense. Try again. As for your proof. Well the very liberal Discovery channel did a show and there is where i go the info. It was re-aired on the History Channel as well. They took bible stories and showed modern day examples. They also talked about a man who was swallowed by a whale off the coast of South Africa and a commercial fisherman caught the whale and when they gutted it the man came out and stayed alive for almost a week before he died of secondary drowning. I will try ot find the airdate and episode name so you can look it up. It was about 4-5 years ago.
Show me where I used the "because I said so" defense. Dishonesty from you at its finest.

Anecdotal stories are not evidence. Try again. Same as with your story of the guy you met who was supposedly brought back to life after (I believe) you said he was dead for 2 days.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
Nice. Picking on Flo says a lot more about you than it does about her.
Bob, it says a lot about you and others too when you only go after me for my actions and not others who have the same beliefs as you who play dirty cards. It seems their actions are ok because they belong to the same club as you. That is repulsive.

Last edited by Buzzard; 07-02-2011 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Answer Bonnie's questions
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-02-2011, 03:51 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
As for flo, if she wants to bring me up in other threads in a derogatory way, and add her $.02 cents of nothing in this thread, then I will call her out as others call me out. I'm open for discussion and debate, she isn't capable from what I have seen.
But, Buzz, people are always using "+1" all the time as their "response" when agreeing with another's comment/post. Plus, two other people did the same thing (just said/wrote it differently).



Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Show me the scientific proof of the burning bush, I challenge you on that. Logic seems to be lost on you, as on most other religious folks when it comes to religion. You believe stuff without proof or evidence, I need more than that and so far there is little to none of it in regard to the outrageous claims made in the bible and quran.

Back on subject. Can you show me how the states that have already approved gay marriage have been destroyed by it?

Marriage is a civil contract which allows many rights to those whom are married. If you aren't allowed to marry the person you love, I believe rights are violated.

Please don't go off and then say that it would open the door up for man to marry animals or children as that is the most asinine argument out there. There are probably other asinine arguments, but these always rise to the top.
I think this is what initially prompted the whole gay marriage push--because they weren't afforded the same benefits/legal rights given to legally wed man-woman partners (medical decisions, legal benefits, etc...).

What does logic have to do with faith? Logic is a man-made box we humans keep trying to fit GOD into. JM2Cs
__________________

Last edited by Bonnie; 07-02-2011 at 04:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-02-2011, 04:05 AM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
But, Buzz, people are always using "+1" all the time as their "response" when agreeing with another's comment/post. Plus, two other people did the same thing (just said/wrote it differently).





I think this is what initially prompted the whole gay marriage push--because they weren't afforded the same benefits/legal rights given to legally wed man-woman partners (medical decisions, legal benefits, etc...).

What does logic have to do with faith? Logic is a man-made box we humans keep trying to fit GOD into. JM2Cs
Not sure if you read my edits answering your questions above.

As for the +1, it seems many only do that because they can't or won't write an original idea of their own, and only do it for their own team regardless of what the topic is. Flo chastised me for calling out NateR when he called me a liar and I proved he was wrong. It's ok to lie about folks if you are a christian according to her and she will stand by it no matter how wrong she is.

Bonnie, I have no beef with you as you seem to be a sincere nice person. You never made the list.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-02-2011, 05:37 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
I get what you are trying to say and those are great questions Bonnie. I'll answer them after I finish watching the movie I'm watching.

EDIT: Nothing bad happened to me as a child in regards to church or religion. I (as most kids are probably IMO) didn't want to go to church, and it was always creepy. I don't believe because I truly don't and can't believe what I have read. Not to be offensive, but it is all so far fetched that I have trouble believing that people really do believe what is written in the books. It goes beyond reason, and when I first started objectively looking into it, I was a Christian. The more I read and researched, the harder it was for me to accept the ideas being presented as true. I can't force myself to believe something no matter how hard I try if there is no basis of fact or truth to it. I'm just being honest with myself, which I believe to be quite important. Religion uses scare tactics to rope em in, as do all cults. Surround yourself with enough like minded people and you can easily become one of the sheeple. It takes guts to go against the grain when everyone around you is rabidly religious and trying to force their archaic beliefs on you. I held out and stood fast, asking for proof, evidence, anything to help make me be able to believe. I was met with mockery, name calling, (as done here by Mark too), and weak arguments. My sisters are sad that I don't believe, and one still pisses me off by always trying to cram the crap down my throat. /EDIT

As for my comment "Separate but equal is anything but" is in regard to people who say that gays should just be happy with what they are allowed to do, and that they should be ok with civil unions even though they don't have the same rights as married couples do. Did you know that there are over 1000 legal protections and rights afforded to married couples which don't apply to civil unions. Separate but equal is anything but.

Again thanks for asking a relevant question in a non-obnoxious way. I can learn from you on this.
Oh, I thought maybe your reactions and feelings regarding GOD and religion had to do with a "fanatical" religious upbringing that might have scarred you. My youngest sister says she doesn't believe either and, like your sisters, it saddens me. It is what it is, Buzz, but we can agree to disagree respectfully.

Maybe things could have been changed to allow for same-sex partners to have benefits/protections/rights without getting to this point of civil unions, I don't know... I'm not opposed to people making their own decision/choice as to who they want to have certain legal rights and benefits regarding their life, but I don't agree with gay marriage. I know you feel differently so we'll just agree to disagree on that....too.
__________________

Last edited by Bonnie; 07-02-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-02-2011, 06:27 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Not sure if you read my edits answering your questions above.
Yeah, I saw them after and responded (above).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-02-2011, 06:28 AM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
I get what you are trying to say and those are great questions Bonnie. I'll answer them after I finish watching the movie I'm watching.

EDIT: Nothing bad happened to me as a child in regards to church or religion. I (as most kids are probably IMO) didn't want to go to church, and it was always creepy. I don't believe because I truly don't and can't believe what I have read. Not to be offensive, but it is all so far fetched that I have trouble believing that people really do believe what is written in the books. It goes beyond reason, and when I first started objectively looking into it, I was a Christian. The more I read and researched, the harder it was for me to accept the ideas being presented as true. I can't force myself to believe something no matter how hard I try if there is no basis of fact or truth to it. I'm just being honest with myself, which I believe to be quite important. Religion uses scare tactics to rope em in, as do all cults. Surround yourself with enough like minded people and you can easily become one of the sheeple. It takes guts to go against the grain when everyone around you is rabidly religious and trying to force their archaic beliefs on you. I held out and stood fast, asking for proof, evidence, anything to help make me be able to believe. I was met with mockery, name calling, (as done here by Mark too), and weak arguments. My sisters are sad that I don't believe, and one still pisses me off by always trying to cram the crap down my throat. /EDIT

As for my comment "Separate but equal is anything but" is in regard to people who say that gays should just be happy with what they are allowed to do, and that they should be ok with civil unions even though they don't have the same rights as married couples do. Did you know that there are over 1000 legal protections and rights afforded to married couples which don't apply to civil unions. Separate but equal is anything but.

Again thanks for asking a relevant question in a non-obnoxious way. I can learn from you on this.



Show me where I used the "because I said so" defense. Dishonesty from you at its finest.

Anecdotal stories are not evidence. Try again. Same as with your story of the guy you met who was supposedly brought back to life after (I believe) you said he was dead for 2 days.

EDIT:

Bob, it says a lot about you and others too when you only go after me for my actions and not others who have the same beliefs as you who play dirty cards. It seems their actions are ok because they belong to the same club as you. That is repulsive.
Buzz you wonder why you get muzzled all the time. You run your mouth and than back track. You say hey this or that than mince words to cover your hind quarters. The fact is nothing you said did you once offer any proof. And to cover yourself you build strawmen and bring up crap that is not relevant to this topic. In fact BUZZ this is about Gay marriage so why you hijacking a thread to whine and moan about a God you claim you do nto believe in. You logic is a huge fallacy and your attitude is even more rotten than mine and that is pretty bad. I cited my source and the other issue you came to me in a PM and I answered to you truthfully. The fact is you cant handle the truth so you will whine and moan and cry till NateR gets tired of your constant bellering and suspends you again. So either post some proof on the Gay marriage debate or shut the hell up already. this is not about your hatred for God this is about the Gay marriage issue stay on topic and prove your point or go troll BJ Penn .com. The fact you are getting on my nerves now shows you just how much you have wore out your welcome man. I defends you in the past but if you can;t hang and prove it than do us all a favor and hit the road jack. But I am sure we would all prefer you just put up or shut up because if we all agree it is very boring.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-02-2011, 06:39 AM
Rev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Buzz you wonder why you get muzzled all the time. You run your mouth and than back track. You say hey this or that than mince words to cover your hind quarters. The fact is nothing you said did you once offer any proof. And to cover yourself you build strawmen and bring up crap that is not relevant to this topic. In fact BUZZ this is about Gay marriage so why you hijacking a thread to whine and moan about a God you claim you do nto believe in. You logic is a huge fallacy and your attitude is even more rotten than mine and that is pretty bad. I cited my source and the other issue you came to me in a PM and I answered to you truthfully. The fact is you cant handle the truth so you will whine and moan and cry till NateR gets tired of your constant bellering and suspends you again. So either post some proof on the Gay marriage debate or shut the hell up already. this is not about your hatred for God this is about the Gay marriage issue stay on topic and prove your point or go troll BJ Penn .com. The fact you are getting on my nerves now shows you just how much you have wore out your welcome man. I defends you in the past but if you can;t hang and prove it than do us all a favor and hit the road jack. But I am sure we would all prefer you just put up or shut up because if we all agree it is very boring.
That was funny bro. lol well played.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Buzz you wonder why you get muzzled all the time. You run your mouth and than back track. You say hey this or that than mince words to cover your hind quarters. The fact is nothing you said did you once offer any proof. And to cover yourself you build strawmen and bring up crap that is not relevant to this topic. In fact BUZZ this is about Gay marriage so why you hijacking a thread to whine and moan about a God you claim you do nto believe in. You logic is a huge fallacy and your attitude is even more rotten than mine and that is pretty bad. I cited my source and the other issue you came to me in a PM and I answered to you truthfully. The fact is you cant handle the truth so you will whine and moan and cry till NateR gets tired of your constant bellering and suspends you again. So either post some proof on the Gay marriage debate or shut the hell up already. this is not about your hatred for God this is about the Gay marriage issue stay on topic and prove your point or go troll BJ Penn .com. The fact you are getting on my nerves now shows you just how much you have wore out your welcome man. I defends you in the past but if you can;t hang and prove it than do us all a favor and hit the road jack. But I am sure we would all prefer you just put up or shut up because if we all agree it is very boring.
Piss off Butch. There is no logic to religion. I brought the subject back to gay marriage, but perhaps you aren't intelligent enough to notice.

You have no proof of anything in your book, your arguments are weak. Show me the truth son, if you can. I bet you can't. In fact I challenge you to prove it. Your only arguments are arguments from ignorance.

Where have you defended me in my beliefs? If you have and I missed it, my apologies. See how that works, I apologize if I am wrong. You could learn a thing or two from me, but I doubt that you ever will. You are more stubborn than an old farm jackass. Stubbornness is good at times, but not when you don't use your brain.

Getting on your nerves is good, shows the real you. I won't hit the road, you don't scare me one bit. I can hang, you can't. In fact, your wanting me to shut up and leave only shows that I am getting into your head, possibly making you think for once. It must hurt you to actually realize that what I say has truth to it. You are an obnoxious fart who gets offended when I strike back. Like a child who hits someone and then when he gets hit back goes crying to mommy like a spoiled brat. I'm enjoying this and as you can see, I am quite capable of having a pleasant conversation with someone when they aren't rude to me. You are a rude jerk at times, and I feel that I shall respond in kind to your attacks. If you aren't man enough to hang, leave the big boys and girls alone.

Believe it or not, I have people on here who are in agreement with me on many topics and wish that I continue. I am the voice that you don't want to hear because you are afraid of reality.

Why don't you clean out your own dirty closet before trying to clean up others. Didn't Jesus supposedly say "All manner of sin will be forgiven of men, save one," the one being blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Seems like if you can be forgiven for gluttony, bad thoughts, and everything in between, gays can be forgiven too even if they practice their homosexuality.

How does gay marriage affect yours? Have the states that have already allowed it imploded? Why do you wish to impose your religious beliefs on people who don't share your same views? Them getting married doesn't hurt you one bit, but yet you still cry and whine like a little girl. Man up son. Don't like it when I treat you like this do you? Perhaps you will learn from this. My bet is that you won't.

So, give evidence where gay marriage will hurt your marriage and all of civilization or shut it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.