Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default UFC Live 4 ***SPOILERS***

Jonnson vs. Fa-la-la-la

Deck the Halls starts with a nice leg kick. In the stand-up, Michael lands a jab or two, whereas Jingle Bells is throwing nice flurries. Johnson tries to clinch against the cage, but Silent Night turns him into the fence. He lands a few nice short elbows, one of which opens up a cut over eye, but Michael eventually takes him down, but Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer was able to quickly get back to his feet. They trade some more, but Holy Night has slowed down & Johnsons corner can see it, yelling at him to pressure more. Michael is able to secure another takedown, lands some strong ground & pound before Frosty the Snowman gets back up. They clinch again, with Michael using a Thai Plumb to control, landing some knees & elbows. He drops Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer and pounces, pounding away until the ref stopped the fight with about 20sec left in the round.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Allons-y

Grice vs. Lamas

They feel each other out for a bit, but then Lamas lands a nice right hand. After some more exchanges, Grice tries to come in with a combo, but Ricardo changes level & tries for a single leg takedown. He eats a fair amount punches in the effort, but gets it to the ground. He passes immediately to side control & the two wrestlers begin a positional battle. Grice puts his feet on the cage to try & transition to an arm bar, but Lamas defends & stands up. As Matt begins to get up, Lamas pounces with a quick combo, but then they separate again. As the round draws to a close, Grice tries to throw a big looping left which Ricardo counters with a hard lead head kick, rocking Grice & signaling the beginning of the end. Grice attempts a few instinctual takedowns, but Lamas sprawls well & TKOs him with about 10sec left.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Allons-y

Lentz vs. Oliveira

Oliveira is throwing leg kicks early, unaffaid of the wrestling fro Lentz. Nick catches a kick & lands a nice trips, but as soon as he hits the mat, Oliveira is spinning back into guard & throwing his legs up for the submissions. Lentz stands up, & eats an up kick. H tries to re-engage, but

Ok, I give up. Too much is happening & I'm not missing any action for this, sorry!!!

Suffice it to say that Oliveira is disgusting!!!!! Hs striking is crisp, his knees in the clinch are pinpoint & his jits is fast & slick.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Allons-y

WOW, HUGE ILLEGAL KNEE FROM OLIVEIRA! THE REF DID NOTHING TO PROTECT LENTZ!!!!! HE LETS THE FIGHT CONTINUE & NICK GETS POUNDED ON FOR ANOTHER 30SEC!!!!

Commission was immediately at cage-side giving the ref an ear-full for effing that up. Absolutely terrible officiating.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:50 PM

Brother, get rid of these lame-o judges and refs.

I'm with the crowd on this one.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
WOW, HUGE ILLEGAL KNEE FROM OLIVEIRA! THE REF DID NOTHING TO PROTECT LENTZ!!!!! HE LETS THE FIGHT CONTINUE & NICK GETS POUNDED ON FOR ANOTHER 30SEC!!!!

Commission was immediately at cage-side giving the ref an ear-full for effing that up. Absolutely terrible officiating.
Hopefully the commission turns it over. Oliveira is one to watch though.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Allons-y

The commission is going to review the fight & overturn the ref's blatant mistake.

Charles was really apologetic about it & I'm glad, because I was really pulling for him in this fight right up until The Knee.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
The commission is going to review the fight & overturn the ref's blatant mistake.

Charles was really apologetic about it & I'm glad, because I was really pulling for him in this fight right up until The Knee.
Yeah, me too, Ben.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-26-2011, 11:08 PM
Allons-y

Here comes Attonito vs. Roberts

One thing I've noticed with each fighter's walk-out: the UFC is now listing each fighter's Twitter account on the graphic. They're serious about ramping up the usage of social media.

I gave Rnd 1 to Rich. Daniel seemed to spend most of the round backing away from Rich's power & throwing one-off shots to try & keep the distance. Nothing overly-definitive from either guy until that takedown at the end for Rich.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Allons-y

Rnd 2 clearly goes to Rich. He was in trouble for those first 90sec, but he showed great defense, reversed & spent the remain 3.5min throwing Chael Sonnen style GnP, perfectly comfortable to stay right in the guard & never let Roberts rest.

I've got him up 2rnds now.