Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-26-2011, 07:20 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I clicked in that link and was instantly assaulted with pop-up ads and I had to force quit my browser just to get them to stop. So I removed the link.
O crap, sorry. I forgot MMATorch is lousy with pop-ups. I use Chrome & Ad-Block Plus kills all those.

My bad, y'all. I'll find a different link to the vid.

EDIT: OK, here's link straight to YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYDbR...layer_embedded
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-26-2011, 08:23 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Apparently the Pennsylvania Athletic Commission is holding a press conference right now. I'm trying to find a video stream or something, but no luck yet.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-26-2011, 08:50 PM
kevint13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Apparently Nate failed some of the medical requirements for the fight and had until 3:00 yesterday to meet them and he didn't. They are not saying what he failed and is currently suspended until he meets the requirements.

That is the report from Ariel Helwani. He also says that the athletic commission will not release what he failed and that they are leaving that to Nate to disclose.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-26-2011, 08:56 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Apparently Nate failed some of the medical requirements for the fight and had until 3:00 yesterday to meet them and he didn't. They are not saying what he failed and is currently suspended until he meets the requirements.

That is the report from Ariel Helwani. He also says that the athletic commission will not release what he failed and that they are leaving that to Nate to disclose.
Ariel's pre-show at 8pm tonight on Versus is supposed to have an exclusive with Dana (& possibly Nate?). We'll see what they say before the broadcast card...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-26-2011, 08:57 PM
kevint13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Ariel's pre-show at 8pm tonight on Versus is supposed to have an exclusive with Dana (& possibly Nate?). We'll see what they say before the broadcast card...
He has a statement from Nate's camp, but Nate will not be on the show.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-26-2011, 08:59 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
He has a statement from Nate's camp, but Nate will not be on the show.
OK, that's what it was. I'd really like to get an answer on all this...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-26-2011, 09:05 PM
kevint13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
OK, that's what it was. I'd really like to get an answer on all this...
I want to hear what it is too. At least we can determine it was not a weight issue or some sort of banned substance (unless he had something and had until 3:00 to get proof that he could take it). Whatever it is, he obviously didn't handle the situation appropriately and being a veteran Dana was not willing to give him another chance.


PSAC indefinitely suspends Marquardt, says UFC, fighter had six weeks to get clearance:
http://mmajunkie.com/news/24166/psac...-clearance.mma

Last edited by kevint13; 06-26-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-26-2011, 09:15 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I want to hear what it is too. At least we can determine it was not a weight issue or some sort of banned substance (unless he had something and had until 3:00 to get proof that he could take it). Whatever it is, he obviously didn't handle the situation appropriately and being a veteran Dana was not willing to give him another chance.
Yeah, it's a pretty FUBAR situation. Dana doesn't really cut people these days off-hand. I mean, the last 2 times someone got banned was Daley for the cheap shot & Karo for being addicted to pain killers.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-26-2011, 09:18 PM
kevint13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, it's a pretty FUBAR situation. Dana doesn't really cut people these days off-hand. I mean, the last 2 times someone got banned was Daley for the cheap shot & Karo for being addicted to pain killers.
Yeah, but if it is true that Nate had 6 weeks to get clearance then this is all on him. He could have even notified Dana a couple weeks ago and explained the situation. To completely screw up the main event the day before is not cool.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-26-2011, 09:18 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

OK, news straight from the PSAC's executive director, Greg Sirb:

Quote:
Nate has known for probably about a month and a half, he knew the situation, it was no surprise. Everybody (including the UFC) knew. Everybody's known, I think everybody assumed he was going to be able to qualify. I thought he would (qualify), I really did. We've known about it and we gave him every opportunity, the last report we got was 3 o'clock yesterday, we gave him as much leeway as we could, obviously we've got a live event, you've got to make the call. The UFC made the call when we said no he's not going to meet it. Pretty straight forward stuff. He had to meet these requirements and there were no and, if or buts about it and unfortunately he did not. We can't say anything, this state is real tight on those types of laws, HIPPA laws are very strict. If Nate's here, I don't know if he's here or not, he's free to talk.
__________________

Last edited by VCURamFan; 06-26-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.