Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-25-2011, 10:26 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Nate Marquardt Not Medically Cleared, Out of Sunday's UFC on Versus Event


http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/06/2...arlie-brennem/
Quote:
With just over 24 hours to go from the start of UFC on Versus 4, Nate Marquardt has been forced to withdraw from his main event matchup, a source with knowledge of the situation confirmed to MMA Fighting.

The bout was to be Marquardt's UFC debut at welterweight after 14 starts and a 10-4 record in the promotion's middleweight division. A source with knowledge of the situation said Marquardt believed he would have made weight, but that he did not receive medical clearance from the Pennsylvania state athletic commission. A specific reason for that was not immediately clear, though a Marquardt representative said they may release more information later.

News of Marquardt's withdrawal was first reported by MMAJunkie.com.

As a result of the surprising development, the night's scheduled co-main event, Pat Barry vs. Cheick Kongo, has been moved into the headliner spot.

At least Marquardt's scheduled opponent Rick Story will have a new matchup. Charlie Brenneman, who had his own bout canceled earlier this week after his foe scratched, will step in and face Story.

UFC on Versus 4 takes place at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.