Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
He's pretty! I like his dress blues!
he's such a beautiful little budgie, he can puff himself up and he swells to twice his size just by pushing his feathers up...its so strange when he suddenly deflates

Still hasnt spoke yet though
Old 03-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

I'm buying a Budgie
Disgusting. Birds belong in the skies and the trees, not in a cage or on your sofa.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade
Disgusting. Birds belong in the skies and the trees, not in a cage or on your sofa.
Budgies you wont find in the sky. They dont have the stamina to fly far, they usually just hop around, sorta jump with wings...they are a form of parrot, known as a parrakeet. There is nothing disgusting about buying and caring for a Budgie.

The are one of the oldest domesticated pets in the world. After all, do you think Christ could buy a puppie or a kitten at the market where he illustrated Intrinsic Value using the sale of birds...?

Nevermind...your unlikely to be familiar with the scripture I'm talking about anyway.

btw...I think your Pepito
Old 03-18-2009, 04:04 AM
que

i like some birds, but generally i think of them as little, hollow, crunchy things that fly around and sh*t on everything (which is true if you think about it)

my favorite bird is the loon, for the sound it makes
Old 03-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
LMAO!! Oh my goodness. I can't believe this bird thread has lasted so long!!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
he's such a beautiful little budgie, he can puff himself up and he swells to twice his size just by pushing his feathers up...its so strange when he suddenly deflates

Still hasnt spoke yet though
Budgie video!!!

[
Old 03-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Budgie video!!!
I have one of him stretching his neck...see Jens sleeps with him head folded back, so during the Evening he spends a while stretching it the other way. It cracks me up coz he looks so funny...I'll upload it today or tommorow
Old 03-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Blade

Quote:
Budgies you wont find in the sky. They dont have the stamina to fly far, they usually just hop around, sorta jump with wings...they are a form of parrot, known as a parrakeet. There is nothing disgusting about buying and caring for a Budgie.

The are one of the oldest domesticated pets in the world. After all, do you think Christ could buy a puppie or a kitten at the market where he illustrated Intrinsic Value using the sale of birds...?

Nevermind...your unlikely to be familiar with the scripture I'm talking about anyway.

btw...I think your Pepito
Don't be ridiculous. Go to Australia and I guarantee you will see flocks of budgies in the skies. Your budgie only hops around and doesn't do much because he's domesticated and in an entirely unnatural setting, which is exactly my point. Birds don't belong in people's houses, they are not domestic pets. They should be outside flying around. And I don't care what the bible says about the sale of birds.

And you called him Jens? Is that because he has a wonky eye? Or is it because he keeps falling off his perch?
Old 03-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Don't be ridiculous. Go to Australia and I guarantee you will see flocks of budgies in the skies. Your budgie only hops around and doesn't do much because he's domesticated and in an entirely unnatural setting, which is exactly my point. Birds don't belong in people's houses, they are not domestic pets. They should be outside flying around. And I don't care what the bible says about the sale of birds.

And you called him Jens? Is that because he has a wonky eye? Or is it because he keeps falling off his perch?
I doubt you care what the Bible says about anything Blade, that will be your downfall, not mine. I take great interest in it. I love my Budgie, the ARE domesticated pets.

There is nothing wrong with Jens eyes (niether the fighter, nor the bird, just coz he has two different coloured eyes, thats just a genetic rareity) I did however see Jens the Budgie fall off his pearch. When he was getting used to the cage he missjudged the amount of pearch he had, and whilst he was creeping away from the edge of the cage, his little claw went out to grab a pearch that had ended, there was a bit of flapping, a squark, and he unceremoniously landed on the pearch below