Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 06-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Crisco

Default Walmart evangelism

So a young lady and her brother corner me while I was buying supplies for my truly epic ice cream sundae I was making for myself that evening and proceeded to try and discuss with me the "fact" that God has both a male and female physical presence I guess would be the best way to describe it.

I didn't have my resources handy so I couldn't really comment with scripture as I didn't have it with me.

I can't remember where in Revelation that where quoting from but I believe that where mistaking the represenation of Jerusalem as our mother as God saying he has female characteristics.

They also used Gen 1:27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

Now my response to them was that God is all ecompassing so all things are basically in his image. He has no specific gender because he is not a being in terms of anything we can comprehend.

Eventually they got frustrated and rudely walked away when I told them they where wasting their time with me that I was already saved and had no interest in learning a doctrine that was not support in scripture.

Have you guys experienced anything like this or heard anything about these people?
Old 06-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Chris F

I love it when it happens. But then again I love to debate and discuss. My favorite is when Mormons or JW come to my door. SO far I have converted 4. But at Walmart I can see it has never happened.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:34 AM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
I love it when it happens. But then again I love to debate and discuss. My favorite is when Mormons or JW come to my door. SO far I have converted 4. But at Walmart I can see it has never happened.
I love talking about the gospel lol but dude was talking crazy and interupting ice cream time.