Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-10-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Dana is p****d at Yves Lavigne

Dana actually injured his arm banging on the Octogan to get Yves to stop the fight.

http://mmamania.com/2009/03/08/ufc-q...-yves-lavigne/

Quote:
UFC Quick Quote: Dana White injures himself at UFC 96 because of referee Yves LaVigne
By: MMAmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana White
Im worried about Pete Sell. I sent him to the hospital to get an MRI. As youve heard me so many times especially in the last few weeks and wait until The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) comes out to talk to me about judging and officiating in this sport right now. It drives me crazy because its such a personal thing. These guys train so hard and those two kids [Aaron Riley and Shane Nelson] have been in camp for six to eight weeks, training, and then they fly out here to fight and it gets stopped like that. People make mistakes all the time, but that was a bad one. I was unhappy with the Pete Sell fight tonight, too. Yves LaVigne is actually usually a very good referee. Im serious Im not even kidding I hurt my arm tonight banging on the Octagon for him to stop that fight. Ive never done that in eight years. I dont even know what to say. It drives me crazy.
A fired up Dana White talks about referees and judges in the wake of UFC 96: Jackson vs. Jardine. The company president was very upset that Yves LaVigne did not stop Matt Brown from assaulting Pete Sell sooner and Rick Fike from not letting Aaron Riley defend himself longer against Shane Nelson. He also foreshadows that we can expect more of the same on the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF), which is set to debut on April 1. Joy.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Hughes_GOAT

what a tool. he didn't like Mazz either. i like Lavigne. he allows fights to go long enough to where there is no doubt if someone was finished.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:35 PM
TheConcretekid

Thumbs down

I watched his latest vlog expecting to see him go king kong crazy, but he just banged on the announcement table in front of him, regardless, he mentioned a few times how unhappy he was with the late stoppage of the Brown/Sell fight as well as the early stoppage of the Riley/Nelson fight
Old 03-11-2009, 12:09 AM
rearnakedchoke

meh ... he made a mistake ... it is not a common thing, although i don't think he should have stopped the gsp/serra 2 fight ... .
Old 03-11-2009, 12:19 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
meh ... he made a mistake ... it is not a common thing, although i don't think he should have stopped the gsp/serra 2 fight ... .
Me too. I wanted to see Serra get some broken ribs. Those knees from GSP were brutal.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Champ2be

I agree with Dana that fight went on waaaaayyyyy to long. I dont think it should have been stopped when he originally stepped in, but soon after it should have been stopped. He is a good Ref, but that was just stupid.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ2be
I agree with Dana that fight went on waaaaayyyyy to long. I dont think it should have been stopped when he originally stepped in, but soon after it should have been stopped. He is a good Ref, but that was just stupid.
agree he should have waited till brown engaged him see how he responds than stop the fight. this would be like 15 seconds or so after he stoped it the first time
Old 03-11-2009, 01:56 AM
rearnakedchoke

and about this dana calling for the fight to be stopped, well that is just BS and he should be investigated by the NSAC or actually OSAC ... he is the damn pres of ufc, that is it, he can't say a thing about whether the refs stop the fights in time or not .... it is like that idiot from exc calling for the hits to the back of kimbo's head ... totally inappropriate
Old 03-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Jason 16

here is a good comment from a guy on that site

Comment by Psyqo78
2009-03-08 17:09:55
My problem was that he jumped in and stopped it then let it continue. If Matt Brown would have been able to follow up in the first place the fight would of had a justified stoppage in a matter of moments. Jumping the gun and not pulling the trigger left more of an opportunity for Drago to get hurt even more.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:59 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
and about this dana calling for the fight to be stopped, well that is just BS and he should be investigated by the NSAC or actually OSAC ... he is the damn pres of ufc, that is it, he can't say a thing about whether the refs stop the fights in time or not .... it is like that idiot from exc calling for the hits to the back of kimbo's head ... totally inappropriate
well I got a feeling that there were about hmm every one watching that fight that were thinking and saying the same thing