Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-17-2011, 12:52 PM

Brad said it 100% correct in his first sentence...

Does it really matter if their team WON or LOST anymore? Their town would have ended up destroyed anyway.... These big cities that play in championship games IN ANY SPORT, probably cringe every time a big series ends...
Old 06-17-2011, 01:56 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I don't think ANY sport causes Violence! But that criminal jerks use sports as an excuse to indulge in their desire for violence! If they don't have sports as an excuse they will find another excuse.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:41 PM

rioting isn't nearly as much fun as you would think, when matt won his last championship belt i went out and threw bottles at my house and yard, burned my car, stole my tv and even kicked my cat...just to see how it would be to riot..... it was quite the disappointment

anyways.... i was gonna chime in and play the race card, but to tell you the truth there were probably no blacks involved so i'll have to blame it on the french...... they say blacks hate hockey..... i'm sure you heard why... the only think black about hockey is the puck, and it's always getting beat by angry white guys with big sticks

But seriously..... if someone is serious about reducing violence(ala new york state) they need to ban alcohol, and the problem would be solved
Old 06-17-2011, 02:59 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
actually the riot had nothing what so ever to do with the outcome of the hockey game...it did however have everything to do with a bunch of drunken idiots that have no respect for anyone or anything and who used this night as an excuse to go down town and destroy everything they possibly could...and believe me when i say if Vancouver would have won the game it would have made no difference,they would have still done exactly the same thing,none of these people are hockey fans....they are just criminals.

also to compare game 7 of the Stanley cup finals in Vancouver to a UFC event in Vancouver is like comparing the difference between throwing a bullet and shooting one out of a gun...not even close to the same thing...not sure why any one would ever compare the two.
i don't know man, they were pretty good in vancouver when canada beat the US in the olympics ... sure this was the canucks, but i don't think it woulda been bad if they won ...
Old 06-17-2011, 03:01 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
rioting isn't nearly as much fun as you would think, when matt won his last championship belt i went out and threw bottles at my house and yard, burned my car, stole my tv and even kicked my cat...just to see how it would be to riot..... it was quite the disappointment

anyways.... i was gonna chime in and play the race card, but to tell you the truth there were probably no blacks involved so i'll have to blame it on the french...... they say blacks hate hockey..... i'm sure you heard why... the only think black about hockey is the puck, and it's always getting beat by angry white guys with big sticks
But seriously..... if someone is serious about reducing violence(ala new york state) they need to ban alcohol, and the problem would be solved
you'd think they'd be more into bowling ... throw the big black ball down the alley and knock over all the white pins, with the red necks ...
Old 06-17-2011, 03:21 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHLERZ5 View Post
Brad said it 100% correct in his first sentence...

Does it really matter if their team WON or LOST anymore? Their town would have ended up destroyed anyway.... These big cities that play in championship games IN ANY SPORT, probably cringe every time a big series ends...
This. It happens alot if a team,any team; college,pro,amatures this stuff happens if team wins or lose. I understand ppl get emotionally evolved and emotions,dissappointments can run high, but to hurt ppl,destroy property is very counter productive to the sport and ur own city. I think 90% of fans either upset or happy are overall good,but it just takes that 10% or less to take it to the next level.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
actually the riot had nothing what so ever to do with the outcome of the hockey game...
You Serious??

I don't remember the last time a Riot broke out after a Boxing fight or an MMA fight? Or any type of fighting sport. There are a lot of Roided Fans on those events and drunk!! To this day I haven't heard of a riot after a championship match you might get your little crowd push and shove fight once in a while but nothing major.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
you'd think they'd be more into bowling ... throw the big black ball down the alley and knock over all the white pins, with the red necks ...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! It took me half a second... Nice!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post

I can understand you going on a rampage, burning your car and trashing your house and yard, Adam, but to kick your cat is just unconscionable.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-17-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! It took me half a second... Nice!!!
Seconded! Not bad for a Canadian.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16