Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Chuck Norris Calls for Political Jui-Jitsu

Quote:
The art of Jiu-Jitsu is to use an opponent's weight and strength to your advantage. I believe this is what the conservatives must do in the coming 2012 presidential election. Obama's 'weight and strength' is that by next year he will have a surplus of $1 billion in campaign money and the mainstream media supporting him. He also has ACORN (or whatever they call themselves now) and other community organizers rallying the liberal troops to make sure he gets re-elected. Add to that his slick-willy youth charm and pseudo-charisma with which he has bamboozled a large part of the American public, who neither follow politics nor understand how he has unraveled the very fabrics of our republic. And tailor that with Obama's unique ability to make one believe he means what he says from a teleprompter, and you have a formidable foe. But as Rickson Gracie, retired mixed martial artist, an eighth-degree black and red belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and a member of the renowned martial arts family the Gracie family, once said, 'If size mattered, the elephant would be the king of the jungle.' How true that is. But it's also true that the elephant here (Obama), despite the shape of the economy, is still leading every single Republican presidential candidate by double-digit margins. A brand new Reuters/Ipsos poll reveals that Obama is even 'ahead of his closest Republican rival, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, by 13 percentage points 51 percent to 38 percent.' To be effective, the conservative organizations, independents, libertarians, Republicans, tea partiers, and other grass-root groups across our country must make the people aware that it is time we unite as one voice and, if you will, one Jiu-Jitsu force. And that includes the Republican candidates running for president. If they don't, we will proceed through the presidential primary with politics as usual and get swallowed up in the partisan muck and mire.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I heard they once made a Chuck Norris toilet paper, but it didn't take from anybody.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:54 PM
logrus

Maybe next time there wont be a 90 year old porky pig stuttering, penguin walking, hopped up on NyQuil for a candidate.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:31 AM

Wow, that's ugly ^^^.

You know, logrus, the man is a war hero, spent 5 years in a living hell in the Hanoi Hilton and is a patriot; whether you agree with his policies or not he's deserving of a modicum of respect.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Wow, that's ugly ^^^.

You know, logrus, the man is a war hero, spent 5 years in a living hell in the Hanoi Hilton and is a patriot; whether you agree with his policies or not he's deserving of a modicum of respect.
Flo I agree to some extent however his actions as a politician has really threw any respect he earned out the window. He was a left leaning centrist who was a horrid campaigner.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Flo I agree to some extent however his actions as a politician has really threw any respect he earned out the window. He was a left leaning centrist who was a horrid campaigner.
I agree with you, Chris. I guess that's why I qualified my comment with "modicum".

Old 06-15-2011, 11:03 AM
County Mike

Republicans need a charismatic candidate very quickly. Since more than half of the American voting public are uneducated idiots, we have to win them over with charm instead of facts and logic.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Republicans need a charismatic candidate very quickly. Since more than half of the American voting public are uneducated idiots, we have to win them over with charm instead of facts and logic.
+1!!!!!!!!

County mike for prez!!!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 04:00 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I think Cain/Bachman would be a good ticket!
Old 06-15-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
+2

Sad but true.